June Jones Breaking Down Run N Shoot

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Bucs, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Thought it was interesting to see one of the best at it today giving a little crash course.

2. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Walk On

Yes, good video and I LOVE this offense. It's what I run 99% of the time, Run-N-Shoot!!! Whatever the defense does, it's WRONG!!

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Do you use option routes or do you hot route them off your presnap read? In my experiences the WR's run the correct routes about 5% of the time. I've heard awareness and route running effect this but I haven't really noticed.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is a huge beef I have with football games. Option routes never work - if the defender is playing bump he ALWAYS (and I mean 100% of the time) denies the release you would prefer. If you want outside release he'll bump inside, if you want inside release he'll bump outside. Drives me absolutely bananas to the point where I literally refuse to run them.

5. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Walk On

If I do NOT flip the play, I will leave the option routes in, unless the pre-snap read is obvious and then I hard route it. I also generally have my higher AWR WR in the slots where most of the option routes are, or at least for Go, Choice, they are usually involving my Y receiver. For the backside WR if he has an option route, I hard route it based off of presnap, like this. If CB is off, CURL, if CB is tight, FLY, if CB is inside, OUT, if CB is outside, SLANT. The majority of the time, I am hot routing to slants and curls, but the occassional FLY works wonderfully.

In my experience, the AWR rating does play into the receiver making the correct read on the option route. I have found that when putting higher AWR receivers in those spots, they tend to run the correct option route more times than the lower AWR guys. Honestly, if it's cover 2 and I have the FLY/POST/DIG option route, I usually leave it in there because the WR generally reads the route correctly and runs the POST, but if it's cover 3, I will hard route it to a FLY.

Here is a tid bit of info I got from a buddy of mine that was messing with his offense and made a discovery about FLIPPING PLAYS. I hope you guys get some enjoyment from his find.

"I figured something out tonight. It may not be newsworthy to some, but for me an incredibly useful find.

You want to run an unbalanced formation flipped (Pistol: Train for example). It would look something like this:

...................T o o C o o
    W.............T
    ............................Q...F

............................H

If you were to call a Formation Audible, you could do so quite easily and without hassle. The problem was if you wanted to call a Custom Audible. If you wanted to call a Custom Audible, the play would flip or revert back to its normal alignment minimizing the usefulness of calling a flipped formation. However, if you hit the Custom Audible (A, X, Y, LB, or RB: Xbox 360) and Flip (RT) buttons at the same time, a Custom Audible can be called without the formation reverting back to its normal alignment."

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1