Just a few things

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Sep 9, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I have been around this site for almost 3 years now and I've been in good dynasties and bad ones. I have seen good dynasties take a bad turn and head down the tubes quickly for 2 reasons. A slow pace and lack of content. I want to prevent that from happening here. I think the group we have is solid, everyone seems to be active and engaged which makes my job a lot easier. That said I am going to make a few changes to try and get some more activity going around here.

1. I would like to move game summaries and scheduling to the Weekly Advance Thread. I think that having the game summaries in that thread will generate a little bit more conversation. I like scheduling in the advance thread just because I can see who is trying to get a game scheduled without digging in 4 different places.

2. I only see a few coaches who have put up their recruiting info in the recruiting thread. I need everyone's there. It makes it easier to find, plus everyone else likes to read about and see the incoming classes.

I have seen the activity pick up in the last few days or so and I like it. The mid season reviews looked great tothevictors56. I love seeing that kind of stuff. I know not everyone likes publishing extra content and that's fine if you don't. But if that's you please keep the game summaries an recruiting updated. I talked with hugezombie and he says he wants to do some user power rankings. I don't know how he's going to rank us, but it should be pretty cool to see where we all stand on the sticks.

I am going to make 2 pieces of content per year mandatory, but they are both things we should be putting up anyway. At the beginning of next season I'll put up a team previews section for everyone to talk up their team and key players. And in a few weeks I'll put up a Recruiting Roundup for everyone to discuss their incoming classes and give us an idea of the impact players coming in.

On the subject of recruiting. We will finish this season with no limit on signees, but next season we are moving to the TSO guidelines. I'll go over them in more detail as we get closer. And we'll see how it plays out over a few seasons but for now I don't like the idea of limiting the number of :4stars: or :5stars: players you can sign.

Starting next season we are going to have an SEC/B1G Challenge. All of our coaches will have 2 games against the opposing conference. I'll have a thread that tracks the results. At the end of the season the conference with the best record will win an extra scholarship over their limit for every user in that conference.

I am going to offer extra scholarships for good performance. You'd get an extra for a conference championship appearance, 1 for winning the conference title, 1 for winning a BCS game, and 2 for winning the national title. Theoretically you coul end up with a max of 5 extras in one season. I'll go over it in more detail later. Since it won't apply til next season.

Our pace is going to be a 48/72 hour pace. 48 hours for CPU game weeks and 72, at most, for user games. If we finish early I'll take us forward early.

I have noticed that several coaches seem to be letting the CPU do the recruiting for them. Technically you are supposed to do your own recruiting. It sends a message to me and the rest of the league that you want to continue for more than 1 season.

I really like this dynasty and like the group of guys we have here. I think this dynasty can be a great one and keep rolling through this release cycle and into the next one. Post and let me know you've read and agree.

• Like Like x 3
  2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Good stuff. The bonus scholarships sound like a good incentive to work on for next year. I am still having some issues finding Jay at this point, maybe he's had a busy weekend or something but if you read this I'll be back on in 9 hours or so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hornfaninbama

Ya he hasn't been on the site since Friday. He was on XBL last night though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ILLAIM

ILLAIM Walk On

Good stuff

I’m intrigued about the SEC/Big 10 Challenge and await the recruiting rules

• Like Like x 1
  5. hornfaninbama

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

read and agreed

• Like Like x 1
  7. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

hornfaninbama I think the game summaries should stay where they are, it makes for a much easier read than sifting through a thread with convos and game scheduling

• Like Like x 1
  8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

read and agreed

• Like Like x 1
  9. hornfaninbama

I'm cool with them where they are. If y'all want to leave them there that's fine. It's not a big deal to me where they are, just that they get done

• Like Like x 1
  10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

read and agreed

• Like Like x 1
  11. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

I read and agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

read and agreed