Just a little something

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Maybe stir up some content:

1) Your thoughts on your teams performance this season? If you have any big games left, tell us about it.

2) Are any of your players up for national awards? If you don't, do you feel any of them should be?

3) Who do you think will win the Heisman? A few users have players in the running.

4) How did recruiting go this season (so far at least)?

5) Which player has been the biggest surprise?

6) Which player maybe didn't live up to the expectations you had for them this year?

7) Was there a game that your season turned on, maybe one that defined your season?

8) Season disappointing, or happy with the results?

Add anything else you want. I will fill mine out next time we advance and I boot the dynasty up-- or maybe I'll do it tomorrow...

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

1) Your thoughts on your teams performance this season? If you have any big games left, tell us about it.
    hard to argue with undefeated but I have not played a user yet. A few close games recently but facing Illinois this week will really decide how my season went.

2) Are any of your players up for national awards? If you don't, do you feel any of them should be?
    I have been run heavy and very balanced defensively. Im surprised how many people are up for awards but looking at the stats, they are well deserved. EVen my punter is a favorite to win.

3) Who do you think will win the Heisman? A few users have players in the running.
    Montee Ball has been outstanding but he is going to miss the biggest game of the year. There are other players makign a push lately and he will need to finish strong when he comes back. James White has really been sharing a lot of the workload and the two backs together are better then any duo in the country

terrible. I locked in 2 four stars early and then got screwed a big on the file mix up. and then I accidentally missed a week of recruiting a few weeks ago. and then I forgot to invite players to a visit before I played my last home game and there has been a few road games since. a lot of guys coming next week and I hope its not too late.

Marcus Cromartie. He is my nickle corner and leads the team in takeaways and is making a push for national awards! totally unexpected

6) Which player maybe didn't live up to the expectations you had for them this year?
    I would say Russell Wilson. He has been a surprise because I am very unpleased with his play this year. He has been handling pressure poorly and making way too many bad throws. Way too many turnovers.

7) Was there a game that your season turned on, maybe one that defined your season?
    When we hit conference play, we were not sure what to expect. Then to welcome Nebraska into the Big 10 with a big blowout was huge.

A shot at the National Championship is always a good season. Only one real obstacle until conference title game and a win over Illinois will seal my spot

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well, we managed to take the division which is a big accomplishment. Coming into the season, I knew we would compete of course, but to win the Atlantic division and find ourselves ranked in the top ten... well I didn't expect that. I figured we could hang around as a top 25 team, and maybe ruin someone's season (hahaha). We close the regular season out against Vandy, so it would be nice to play well in that game going into the CCG.

My Senior SS Cyhl Quarles is up for the Bednarik and Thorpe. Senior ROLB Kyle Wilbur is also up for the Bednarik, along with the Nagurskiand best Linebacker. Junior MLB Scott Betros is also up for the best Linebacker award. Junior Receiver Chris Givens is receiving light talk for the Biletnikoff. Senior LE Tristan Dorty is up for the Lombardi. Junior placekicker Jimmy Newman is getting talks for the Groza. RS Frosh Merrill Noel is leading the charge for best returner.

If Ball wasn't hurt, I would have said him. With that in consideration, I look for the CPU to take it with TCU RB Ed Wesley or Temple RB Bernard Pierce. Neither will play spectacular competition, and should finish strong.

Well for a two star prestige school I would say we have done well-- getting 10 3 stars. This year I am trying to build up a base of players, hopefully we will move up in prestige and make recruiting easier. I do like the 3 stars we have, because we don't really need any superstars anywhere (we should return our main offensive weapons-- defensively I usually just rely on plugging people in).

Sophomore Brendan Cross has been good at quarterback. He took the starting job from Tanner Price and hasn't looked back. Cross has gone 121-230 for 1951 yards and 20 TDs. He has however thrown 11 interceptions which is a few to many for my taste-- he will grow though. RB Josh Harris was an impact player coming into the season, but has done very well for being just a sophomore. Harris has 1071 yards and 8 TDs on 211 attempts, averaging nearly 100 yards per game (97.3). WR Michael Campanaro has done a great job complimenting Chris Givens. "Campo" has 601 yards on 23 catches and 9 TD-- the kid darn near scores on every other ball he catches. He has really come on late as teams have been seeming to que in on Givens a little more.

Defensively, the whole unit has surprised me. Our impact players have led the charge (ROLB Kyle Wilbur: 78 tkls (51 solo, 24 TFL), 2 Sacks, and an INT. SS Cyhl Quarles has racked up 5 INT's (3 in one game), 70 tkls - 38 solo - and 6 TFL). The unit has played very well, and has helped us go +25 in turnovers (good for #1 in the country).

I would say everyone lived up to what I expected. We have some younger guys on both sides of the ball that could have big years next season- and have played well all year.

As much as I hate to remind my roomate, Tschetter2 , the 33-3 win vs BC was huge. Also beating Clemson was big for our kids because it showed them they are ready to compete for this division year in and year out instead of being cellar dwellers.

Happy with the results, no doubt.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

1) Your thoughts on your teams performance this season?If you have any big games left, tell us about it. --

Pretty solid season. Taking over midway through the season, I feel like the team got better each game, and I'm looking forward to finishing this season strong and having most of my starters coming back for next season.

No one up for any national awards and I don't feel like any of my players had good enough seasons to be up for any.

3) Who do you think will win the Heisman? A few users have players in the running. Monetl Harris from Boston College. I would have said Ball from Wisconsin, but with his injury, I think the Boston College runningback will overtake him.

4) How did recruiting go this season (so far at least)? Recruiting has been up and down. Won over a 5 Star running back a few weeks ago that I'm happy to get. Didn't really need any immediate impact players so I think we'll be alright with the recruits we've gotten so far, and those we hope to obtain in the next few weeks.

5) Which player has been the biggest surprise? The defensive line has been the biggest surprise to me. Not that great at pass rushing, but they've been shutting down the run every game. The only success teams have really had on us is by passing the ball.

6) Which player maybe didn't live up to the expectations you had for them this year? Denard Robinson in some aspects. He threw for 17 touchdowns so far and ran for 8 more, but through 15 interceptions. Way too many interceptions and hopefully he comes back one more season so we can work on that. I fully expect that if he comes back, he'll compete for a Heisman

I feel the Nebraska game was the game that defined our season. We needed to win that game to have a chance to play Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship. One game against Ohio St. stands in our way though.

I'm happy so far but we still have hopefully three big games left on our schedule that we need to win. That will show if it were a successful season or not.

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

One game left against Iowa. Only had 1 user game this year and Philstyle3005 kicked me up and down the field. He's made me rethink my Pistol offense. So far they have been better than I expected. I got Nebraska at 3-3 and have them at 7-4. Burkhead has really impressed me. I went after 2 RB because I wasn't excited about him. But he's made this team go. Especoially since Martinez has been out.

I don't think so. Burkhead has had a phenomoenal year. He was in the top 5 in rushing going into last week, but his performance against Michigan probably won't help him out.

Montee Ball.

I am very happy with my recruiting class. I want to go to a thunder and lighning backfield and I should be able to with the 2 I will sign this year. Bret Davis is a :5stars: athlete and willl be the "Thunder" at 6'2 260. And :5stars: RB Adam Gore will be the "Lightning" with his 4.36 speed. Nebraska is unbelieveably slow. Burkhead is the fastest player on my team with 91 speed. I had to get some speed injected into the roster and I think I should be able to. I want to switch to a 4-2-5 next year so I am trying to grab some decent SS but they keep comitting elsewhere. I may have to hang my hat on siging a good one in the offseason. I figure after the season Burkhead is gone which may save me from having to redshirt one of the 2 RB. I have a QB I am excited about if I can get him inked. He's great running the ball, but can't hit water falling out of a boat, but he can throw it over them mountains.

As far as good surprises...I've been over it but Burkhead. Tough runner, he always seems to fall forward. He just doesn't have the speed to take the 15 yard runs 40 or 45 yards like I want.

Honestly I thought Taylor Martinez would be a little better than he is. I can't hit anything with him. He is probably better suited for a spread running attack, which I may go to next season, but I don't have the confidence in the recievers to do it this season.
    Not really. The game against Michigan really showed how much a lack of speed hurts this group.

Happy with the results. I would have liked to beat Michigan, but other than that pretty happy.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

We started off the season a little shaky but I think we are playing really great TEAM ball right now.

A few guys who are low on a couple of lists but that isn't our focus. We want to win the one award the really matters, and that's a BCS National Championship.

From what I'm told that kid at Wisconsin is pretty good.

It's going well so far. We were able to sign the #1 WR in the country who will play a big part in our offense next year. I plan to release our official player singing list in a couple of weeks.

Syngin's quick adjustment mid season to our new scheme and his command of the offense has been very impressive. Also our senior RB Peeples has been brought explosiveness in the running and passing game.

I have been a bit disappointed by our previous starter at RB Orwin Smith. He came in this season a bit out of shape and has not be explosive. Hopefully he will be able to win his spot back next season.

Our mid season coaching change has been the biggest difference that has led to our success.

We have been happy with the season so far but there are a few games left before we reach our goal.