Just a reminder...

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by klaximilian, Sep 20, 2012.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Been hearing some rumblings around the league early this year. The year is far too young to have to listen to this sort of stuff, so I just wanted to remind everyone that we're here to have fun, and winning should be secondary. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winning as much as the next guy, but let's not lose focus on what we're all about here. Have fun first and foremost, and respect each other. It's what has made this league so great for the last (how many years has this league been around) umpteen years.

Just a quick brush up, just to hopefully give us all some perspective.

Just so no one jumps the gun, if you have any question whether or not a rule was truly broken, it probably wasn't. If you find yourself getting caught up in the heat of the battle, and you just want to make an excuse for losing...do everyone a favor and take a short cool-off period before diving into any rule breaking discussion or accusations.

Carry on Gentlemen, best of luck the rest of the way.

TJ

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thanks, TJ.

Guys, I'm going to give you a heads up right now. Eddie, Jim, and I all have a lot of better things to do with our time than chase ghost complaints. If you're going to whine every time you lose, then perhaps you should reconsider your position with the league as our patience will be extremely thin this year. If you can't take the heat, we will ask you to leave the kitchen and find a replacement owner who can handle the responsibility of taking a loss like a man. With that said, we certainly don't want to deter any legitimate complaints as those truly do need to be heard. However, you better have some specific examples and/or video proof if you have a DVR. Otherwise, the complaints are unwarranted and you know right now that we won't be acting on those issues. If someone has clearly broken a rule, discuss it with them and bring it to our attention. Otherwise, take your lumps and move on. Your attention regarding this is appreciated. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

And again, talk to your division manager first before, and they will go to Doug. He has other league matters to deal with, and he needs all the time he can get.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well said.

5. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

Since we are talking about complaints I think I should bring this up now instead of waiting. My major complaint is why Doug is ducking me in playing a community game. That is all.

• Like Like x 4
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I record all my games now. 8GB memory card comes in handy...lol

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

He ducks me too. What a wiener.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I wanted to echo TJ's & Doug's sentiments here.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to point out that we created new Conference Commissioner and Division Manager roles this year for a reason. Anyone that has been here for any significant length of time should be well aware of how much of his own time Doug has (and continues to) put into this league. The purpose of the new structure was to take some of that burden off of Doug, but it doesn't work if guys continue to run right to Doug with even the smallest complaint.

Be rest assured that if you log a complaint with a Conference Commissioner or Division Manager, Doug will be made aware of it. I'm not trying to give the impression that Doug is the great and powerful Oz and off limits, but please give the system a chance to work, rather than falling back into old habits.

If anyone is as of yet unfamiliar with the current structure, please check the League Staff thread or see below. Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  9. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I just like to talk with him.