Just a thought

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by totalwreckage, Aug 14, 2009.

1. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

Just a thought

was wondering what you guys think. I am thinking we should have no trades for the TMFL first season. Let people settle in to their teams, make sure we know who is gonna be here and established. If the Franchise is gonna be for the long haul than this may be the most ideal thing to do. I love trading as much as the next guy but with the first season I dunno I have been thinking about it and thought it may be best just to use what we got for the first season. Thoughts?

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I would be ok with this if it were like a NCAA 12 team league where we got thru with a season in about a month. But a 32 user, 17 week regular season league. We might not get thru the season until Thanksgiving. Should give guys a chance to improve their team/make moves before then/the 1st off-season

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I kind of agree with Total. You are going to have guys that aren't going to be in the league the whole year, either by choice or our choice.

I can go either way. Hopefully the league is full of guys that are in for the long haul.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

what about something inbetween? Letting teams only trade 1 or 2 players?

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yea i just hope guys can get their games in quick. I know it won't be like TT II where we finish a season in a week (suck it tradition 1), but hopefully it won't take until christmas.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

BOO to all of these. Trades should not be any different in year 1 than they are in year 2. We will have a trade committee that will make sure guys don't make total dueche moves and ruin teams for potential future owners.

7. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

the difference between the first season and the others is that people are going ot go in not having played the game, lose a couple and leave. I can almost guarantee you of the 32 guys we have probably 5 of them will not be here by the end of the season. Now if we were trading during season that would be one thing but we are trading before the season. I just think taking a step back and letting people get used to their team is ideal. Maybe 1 move but 5 or 6 when someone may not have even played a game is a bit much.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i thought ryno had said earlier that teams were only 3 moves. i could be wrong though.

9. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

we imposed limits in the BMFL/AMFL. To me I'm not a big fan of 4-6 trades a year, which is what was happening with us. It's not what happens IRL. Especially top market talent rarely moves from team to team.

I personally would wait until season 2. Our teams are basically as is for 09-10. This is the roster that we would have to work with anyway.

10. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

we imposed limits in the BMFL/AMFL. To me I'm not a big fan of 4-6 trades a year, which is what was happening with us. It's not what happens IRL. The chances of a QB being traded in week 4 of the NFL regular season and starting week 5 for his new team is basically impossible. No teams do that. Especially top market talent rarely moves from team to team.

I personally would wait until season 2. Our teams are basically as is for 09-10. This is the roster that we would have to work with anyway.