Just a thought...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Aug 30, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

I hear ya but what ideas do you have? Start a thread about random football talk maybe?

3. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Maybe previews of the upcoming week, talk about the polls and or BCS, we have seen a drastic dropoff in posts since madden came out

• Like Like x 1
  4. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

I agree. Ppl fell out of the other NCAA league i am in after madden dropped. must admit its addictive. Lot of ppl signed up for lgs knowomg they were not going to play ncaa again after madden.

5. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

I personally like NCAA better than Madden, Madden doesn't feel as crisp as NCAA

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

IMO we are too spread out as far as threads go. We have a thread for summaries, scheduling, recruiting, and general BS. in the other ODs I've been in we have scheduling and summaries in the weekly advance thread, a recruiting blog, and a general BS thread. Plus we have someone handling power rankings of the users, an end of season awards thread, and random content throughout the year.
    I have an "All-Names Team" thread ready it's just going to take me a little bit to get up. I used to do a recruiting thread based off Willie Lyles, if anyone knows who that is, finding diamonds in the rough in 3 star guys and lower. But the gems and busts have rendered that meaningless especially side you'd have to spend your own hours on recruiting.
    I've made a few comments about the lack of content, and started a chat thread, but only a few people have contributed to it.

7. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Im interested in doing anything I can to help keep people interested, I dont want to restart again due to lack of participation of others. Im just wondering if it is due to madden dropping last week and being the shiny new toy or if it is going to be a season long competition between the two Imnot sure if people are in too many leagues now and stretched too thin or what. I intend on making this league last and appreciate the feedback I have gotten so far

8. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

I'll tell you I just bought Madden myself yesterday, but had no problem getting my game in for OD. I'll be doing a summary later today as well. Madden seems a little buggy and glitchy when it comes to tackling. I guess thats to be expected with the new physics of it all but I'll get use to it. The new career mode is refreshing and different from other years (although a little less user friendly).

If I was to suggest something it would probably be a power rankings thread where someone could keep track of teams that are on a roll moving up our rankings and what not. Otherwise I think the involvement will be based around recruiting battles, and maybe that can be a thread in itself- discussing recruits taking visits and how it affected their interest?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

i have 12 kids coming to visit next week vs Indiana... super pumped

10. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Haha awesome for you. Don't blow it!

11. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

iam back guys just got back home from my grandfather in law funeral