Just Beat Michigan 37-20 STOP CRYING

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Just Beat Michigan 37-20 STOP CRYING

I gotta go with Arch on this one guys. I finished up my game 10 minutes ago at home versus Michigan. Not only did I win, I had a good, entertaining, and challenging game. I had a gameplan of running the ball about 40 times, getting both backs double digit touches, and playing the field position game. I won the hidden yardage battle, pinned Michigan deep multiple times and found a way to win without giving up huge yardage. You want to know how? I actually followed a little gameplan, I didn't panic and run blitz after blitz, and I was patient on offense. The one time I wasn't patient on a 4th and inches late in the first half they made me pay with a field goal.

Here are the stats from the game. total yards for me 581
    for them 499
    Passing me: 144, them 151
    attempts/competions: Me 7-12, them 16-29
    Rushing attempts/yards
    ME: 45/305
    Them 29/227

ME: 19:08
    Them 12:52

Mike Shaw for UM had 184 yards rushing on 20 carries, there was really no crazy plays and it was a result of them spreading the field and getting running lanes. Nothing more. I tackled well, and avoided the hit sticks.

Denard Robinson was 16-29 for 151 with 1 td and 1 pick.

This was a hard fought game, that I won in the trenches and with solid, not flashy defense.

I gotta agree with Arch here, the sliders seem fine to me, I played a realistic game and got pretty nice, realistic stats out of it.

Sorry fellas but I think you need to turn your man card in if you're going to cry about these sliders.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Here is my wire story in case it doesn't save over there:

In a game where both teams ran the ball a combined 74 times for 532 yards, it was the Fighting Irish who held on to get their second victory of the season. Behind a solid performace by David Crist, and the physical play of the offensive line, the Irish were able to win this game 37-20. Armando Allen once again lit up the stat sheet rushing for over 200 yards and adding a pair of touchdowns. Quarterback David Crist also rebounded from his shaky stat against Purdue last week, to post 144 yards passing and a pair of touchdowns. The defense was also stellar and led to some great turnovers that really sealed the win.
    Up next for the Irish is BYU.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's nice to see someone getting realistic stats out of these sliders. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Now, it appears that we play similar kinds of games (run, run, run, and run some more) so I would like to see someone running a different kind of offense get similar results, but at least we know wins can be had if we play a smart game.

I just put a dramatically different set in place over in TDL2. You guys aren't really playing your games, so I figured I could do whatever I wanted.

Please play your game this week, so I can see if the experiment has any value.

(translation: If you don't help me, I'm not going to care about your whiny little b**** a**, so play the game, or suffer under the present system.)

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i have no ear for a defense of these sliders. total shit. stop defending them. getting really old. worst ive played in years. carolina, if you want your ass kicked to prove im a good player, line it up. but as i know you will have some ridiculous argument, let me state mine...one. more. time:

a) FOR THE LOVE....it is NOT about winning!!!! you won a game. yippee. which brings me to my next point
    b) you won against a bad bad Michigan team.
    c) you played a spread offense (the only one played so far by us) and the spread in this game, as we all know, is the absolute easiest to defend and is absolutely broken (as is the option offense)
    d) you still got run on for almost 200yds by one so-so back
    e) and the biggest: hey douchebag! you just rushed near 50 attempts, ran the clock and your score was 55-20!!! These scores are outrageous. No team runs 50 times against a BCS team and scores 55 while giving up 20. Lame. All last season we all we talked about was outrageous scores. Last seasons scores don't even BEGIN to touch this seasons. Absolute shit these sliders.
    f) the user run game is WAY too easy and cpu run game is WAY too difficult to defend. in response to this thread, i will run every play in my next game for 500yds (instead of the 350 and 5tds i had to to win my last game). yippee. all while missing 387 tackles on defense.
    g) oh...and notre dame is definitely a run offense that relies on the 350yds rushing and chew-clock to win games. very realistic. very sim. ill continue...
    h) you keeping bringing up the same lame arguments that are non-arguments. Namely, the blitz one. i blitzed ONE time. ONE. we aren't blitzing too much! you aren't a football genius while the other 10 of us are idiots. this is unbelievably patronizing, condescending, and annoying...and all from you. ill leave it there and move on...
    i) dude, you played a bad MICHIGAN!!! I, if i had run every play, I could of and probably would have beat Boise, a team twice as good as Michigan on this game. yippee. the game sucked whether i won or lost. do you get this?
    j) out of EVERYONE, we have one... one "big" win (hilarious by the way) and it comes from carolina. i better move on once again...
    k) don't be a toolshed and sit on one win against this^^^ and call people out. obnoxious. annoying. and actually just really really bad logic. which leads to me say, again...

i love ya bro. really do. but line it up football hero. oh, and...

eat my balls

heath

P.S. arch, thx for trying another set in tdl2. i will def be playing my game and letting you know.

5. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

I will also say... If anyone thinks that i don't know how to play D and suck at this game, put your controller where your f@#king mouth is. My D is pretty good no way these QB should be eating me alive like they are..

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

e) and the biggest: hey douchebag! you just rushed near 50 attempts, ran the clock and your score was 55-20!!! These scores are outrageous. No team runs 50 times against a BCS team and scores 55 while giving up 20. Lame. All last season we all we talked about was outrageous scores. Last seasons scores don't even BEGIN to touch this seasons. Absolute shit these sliders.

Score was 37-20. I don't thing 37 points, with the number of turnovers I generated was out of the question. I had 9 points on field goals.

Also please don't call me out for being unsim because I choose to run an offense that is not a spread. I don't really give two shits if they run that on saturday, there are teams that will run 35-40 times a game. I choose to be one.

The point I am trying to make is, that it is possible to play defense in this game. I don't care what you say about the "Spread" being broke. Plenty of the yards you guys are giving up are coming from shotgun passes. That is what Michigan tried, and I will concede that they are not a powerhouse, but they don't exactly suck in this game either. I never once saw a ROBO qb, I did see a qb who hit the open receivers, usually after they broke loose when I got no pass rush. But I was able to stay competitive, and run my game.

Also I played a very smart offensive game. I avoided risks, I ran the ball on 3 and long because I didn't want to take a chance on a pick. I pinned them in their 20 several times, I took field goals. In short, I didn't kill myself like I did against Purdue.

I do not doubt we are all good players. I am sure most of you could flat out beat me head-head. But I also think that we might not be calling a solid game all of the time. I know I didn't against Purdue and it almost cost me, so I refocused and developed a quick gameplan.

And the part about being a football hero, I was one, I played saturdays in d1. How did you know?

7. vatechhokie01

carolina, i am speechless. you might be the worst debater or purveyer of logic i have ever come across. its like you carry on conversations with yourself.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well trying to debate from an Ipod isn't always the easiest of tasks.

I tried to answer some of your comments. Especially the cheap shot about running the ball and being unsim. Thats bullshit.

9. vatechhokie01

and arch, if you don't throw the dbag card on this comment, you should relinquish your authority to distribute it. wow.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You don't mind being a douche, so why can't I be one? :D

11. vatechhokie01

correct me if im wrong, but i believe this might actually be a variation on the "i know you are but what am I" comeback. this is excellent stuff carolina...lol.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No I am being a douche...I really mean it...I am trying to be one...But I prefer the business(y) end of the douche...not the bag

13. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

The business end of the douche bag is nice :D

14. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

P.S. I played JV football and tried out for Varsity! How about that bitch!

15. vatechhokie01

^^^lmao. i was the kid on JV that had like pads and a helmet that weighed more than I did. played WR and we threw the ball a total of 0 plays per game. brilliant coaching. not that i could get my arms up in the air to catch the ball if we had thrown it.

16. vatechhokie01

i do think a fun exercise would be to all post self-pics. i have an especially nice naked one id like to share.

17. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

**just threw up all over the place**

18. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

VT deserves the slow clap for his work in this thread! Carolina should know that he has to put in a year of good work to earn the right to call out the league after one game. (When was he reinstated? A week ago?) When I first caught the title of this thread, I assumed that AG wrote it, as he's really the only one who's earned the respect to make such a damning declaration.

In addition, VT makes a lot of good points about the current set/results. Let's get our work done in TDL2 and straighten this whole thing out.

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no right to speak up? Screw that...I made a mistake in a grey area, I didn't drive to your house and piss in your PS3. I want to point out that we can play realistic games with realistic stats. We just cannot play the way we have in the past.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

BTW for the record. I went back and read what I originally typed just to see if I could have insulted someone.

I don't think I really did, I guess saying the part about the man card might have been bullshit, but the rest is simply showing how I put up realistic stats. I think Arch agreed, that they seem in line with a realistic set of stats.

Now with that said, Vtech, I know you don't like these sliders and you have a right to attack them. But I feel some of the folks around here are using an ad hominem debate rather than looking at what I originally said.

Please go back read what was posted, and ask yourself if that seems like some of the other posts on here about crazy stats, and unbeatable opponents.

21. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Car', you def' have the right to express your views (and you make points, also), but your tone (STOP CRYING!) made you come across as pretentious prick. Had you posted the title, "Just Beat Michigan - Here's Some Thoughts", the reaction here would have been more civil.

(Give it some time. The goal line/I-Formation jokes will go away some day. ;))

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You guys are ridiculous. Did I catch a "Bring it!" in there somewhere? We in the schoolyard?

Calm it down guys. I think we're all getting too attached to our little digital heroes here. We'll work it out. Just give it a little time.

I'm testing a set in TDL2. If we like it, we'll put it in. If not, I'm stealing the set from "The Experience" and we'll be playing with that. One way or another, we'll be adjusting this evening.

Lot's of bunched panties in this thread. You guys need to be a little embarrassed about that.

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Arch, just delete this thread for the good of the league. It was a bad title, and turned sour quick. Sorry for being a douche.