Just Crazy Grace!!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by RynoAid, Apr 26, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Just Crazy Grace!!

Today at our service we had a reverse offering. Our church put money into all the offering trays and passed them out through the crowd while everybody in the audience bowed their head and prayed.... Our pastor wanted anyone who needed it to take whatever they needed.

evidently, nobody thought our pastor was serious about it and bairly any money had been taken the first pass through, so he got all the tray back to the front and challenged anyone who was in need or had been praying for that something extra to help them get by or pay a bill... challenged them to put their pride aside and take the money. He then sent the trays around a second time... had to be atleast 2-3 thousand dollars in each tray...

man, some powerful stuff today.. WOW... i've never seen that anywhere before. I hope somebody took money they need, what a blessing to be a part of such a church family.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I've certainly never heard of anything like that before. That's pretty crazy indeed.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i guess your church is doing ok!

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

actually we're a startup (3yrs old) with about 400 members that meets at a middle school... still working on getting our own building...

makes it even more amazing... dangerous grace.. i love it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That's a beautiful thing man, I have never heard of anything like that before

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That is amazing.

It is great to see such reckless generosity. God is great indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

If I saw that kind of outlook from the Church at large, I just might look into it.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    There is no such thing, in my opinion, as "Church at large".

Church starts at home, then in your local community. Outreach is something that churches do constantly. Unlike when Wal-mart donates, church's typically don't advertise.:)

Shaun

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

bah those people just get in the way, it's about relationship not religion.... god's message has been screwed up for long enough by "churchianity"

• Like Like x 1
  10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

11. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

We did something like that one time at our church a couple Christmases ago. It started out as prayer for people that had financial needs during the holidays. We ended up, as a church body, putting cash in the hands of so many people that just didn't have anything to pay bills, put food on the table or give their kids anything for Christmas. One lady in particular drove to church that evening on fumes. It was an amazing day and I was honored to be a part of it.

One of the things I love about my church is that we give to people that have needs until we just don't have anymore to give. I've been working/serving their for 14 years now and I've seen literally hundreds of people walk in off the streets with no where to go and we don't just pray for them and pat them on the back, but we buy them groceries, help pay the electric bill, help them find a job, get clothes for them and the kids, etc...

The global 'Church' gets a black eye with money grubbing and gross mismanagement. I wish churches like Ryno's and mine got more press on the real 'work of the ministry' that's actually going on everyday by good churches and Christians.