Just for Recchem2000

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

I thought I would send you the link to SBnation's college football preview for your other school, the UCLA Bruins. Just to summarize your team still is not very good.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/6/12/3080154/2012-ucla-bruins-football-preview

Here is the WSU's Preview, it should be called, if WSU beats BYU watch out world here we come!

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/6/6/3068006/2012-washington-state-football-preview

For Cheez and his other, other school

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/23/2964613/2012-northern-illinois-football-preview-niu

the school that gives recchem2000 nightmares

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/3/27/2900245/2012-san-jose-state-spartans-football

I am not sure if this school gives Cheez nightmares, but he sure complained about them in Night Owls

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/6/2927518/2012-middle-tennessee-football-preview

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just saw this on my Facebook page :p
    Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 11.38.56 AM.png

Attached Files:

3. gowazzucougs

No offense Kapono, but I will believe FSU will win the NC when I actually see it. Your school has been hyped for the past x seasons and I all have seen have been let downs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Florida's Notre Dame

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Go back to your pepsi like beverage forum Kasper!

People have been saying for years that ND will be good, not win titles.... different level of hype. This season ND could be very good and still go just 8-4

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

what about Dr. Lou?

7. Wyrmreaver

True... he does predict 12-0 for the irish every year, even though they fired him to get..... wait for it..... ty willingham!?!?

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Umm...didn't Bob Davie take over after Lou?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wyrmreaver

You and your unimportant details..... :p

10. gowazzucougs

Wyrmreaver

Your 8-4 prediction is very kind, here is ND's schedule

ND v. Navy at Ireland

Purdue v. ND

ND @ MSU

Michigan v. ND

Miami (FL) v. ND

Stanford v. ND

BYU v. ND

ND @ Oklahoma

Pitt v. ND

ND @ BC

Wake Forest v. ND

ND @ USC

When I look at this schedule 7 wins is very kind, 8 is a little ridiculous. I am willing to give them Navy, Purdue, Pitt, BC, and WF. After that there is a lot of I don't know. Michigan is always a close game, Miami and BYU are unknowns. Remember I am hoping WSU beats BYU, so if WSU beats BYU we may be able to put that in the win column. I am not willing to give them MSU, because I think MSU has turned a corner in terms of prestige over the past few years, and they are not beating Oklahoma, or USC so those are losses. So at best they can get 10 wins, but that is unrealistic because ND doesn't have a good QB, or at least one who doesn't turn it over. Just FYI in February or March I listened to the Solid Verbal podcast and one of the guys said the O/U for ND wins is 9, meaning if you are betting the over on ND, what you are saying they basically should be playing for the National Title because 10 wins is damn impressive.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  11. Wyrmreaver

I agree completely, that's my point. They could be a terrific team this year, better than they have been for a long while and still lose 4 games. As a fan, I am hoping desperately they can get 9 wins, that would be an impressive run!

12. Wyrmreaver

I'm also hoping Wazzu can get to 8 wins this season.... viva la air raid!

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

FSU is a very good team this year. Do I think they'll win a National Title? No but I do think we can win the ACC at 12-1 or 11-2. With WVU cancelling our game this season, the schedule is very soft (not that I'm proud of that). If we beat VT on the road, it looks like we'll be a 7+ point favorite in every game we play including @Miami and home vs. UF.

14. gowazzucougs

Again, as I said I need to see them win games for me to believe they are a legit contender. I am almost done with reading Rich Rod's book about his time at Michigan, one of the things he says, and this came from Bobby Bowden. They are four stages to building a program, Losing big, losing close, winning close, and winning big. FSU is not at stage four, they are somewhere between stage two and three, when you go 5-3 in conference, you are not there yet, and there shouldn't be a discussion about National Title, first you need to consistently win the division and then the conference.

A similar view could be seen out here, with Washington. I am not sure where to put Washington on the four stage program, the Cougar in me wants to put them on the losing close side, but I know a Husky would say they are more closer to the winning close side. However, in looking at last season's results, except for Oregon State, they beat who they were suppose to beat, but got killed by teams they were suppose to lose to. The OSU lost was more the result of the starting QB being injured, more than anything. When I look at UW's schedule this season, they could be 2-4 after six games, beating SDSU and Port. State, but losing to LSU, Stanford, Oregon, and USC. And honestly you have no clue how good they are because three of those teams are top 5 caliber, with Stanford as a possible unknown. After USC they could go undefeated, but who did they beat that was worth a darn. No one. And that goes back to the point about FSU, can actually show they can play these higher caliber teams, and win those games consistently, until then I am probably not going to believe the hype.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

16. Wyrmreaver

I'll take Wazzu in that game...... UCLA kinda stinks and I saw the job Mora did for the Seahawks......

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You would lose...just like Forest did last year!

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I don't really buy the hype either but with a schedule this soft and a defense this good, there's a still pretty good chance.

19. gowazzucougs

We will find out on November 10. Remember we have Mike Leach, you have Jim Mora Jr. enough said.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

What did Mike Leach win at Texas Tech again? Oh yeah, nothing!

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Mike Leach is a genius.

22. Wyrmreaver

Except 8 or more games in every season he ever coached there..... except his first, when he won 7!

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That's the funniest thing I've read on here
    8 wins for the cougs...I doubt it

24. Wyrmreaver

7 this year...... 8 or more every year thereafter! (y)

25. gowazzucougs

First, I am pretty sure you would take Mike Leach over Jim Mora Jr. I have some reservations about Mike Leach's record at Texas Tech, mainly they didn't really play anyone in their non conference schedule so that record may be a little bloated. Second, I am not making any predictions about this upcoming season. I have been scarred after watching the past four seasons. I personally need to see WSU play before making any predictions or saying they are a bowl team, but if they can win that first game against BYU, they should start the season 4-0 with EWU, UNLV, and Colorado. Then with games against OSU, CAL, UCLA, and ASU 8 wins is not unreasonable. And honestly, I don't think it is unreasonable to say they couldn't beat Utah and UW. I am not saying 10 wins, but I don't think the difference where the Cougs are and where UW/Utah are is that big of a difference. But again, a lot comes down to winning that first game, if they lose the game, I will probably temper the expectations to 5-7 wins.

If you saw an earlier post, the Cougs for the past two seasons were in the losing close phase of building a program, the leap to 8-10 wins will be made this year if they can leave that phase and start winning the close games. Even though they finished 4-8, the Cougs were in a lot of games, and could have beaten UCLA, Utah, and SDSU, if those results had been different I think Paul Wulf would still be the coach. As for the state of the UCLA program, they won several close games to get to six wins, but Neiushel downfall was that they were no where close to beating the big boys