Just Found this Nugget

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Dec 22, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I was bored, tried recruiting online but dynasty wire is still down, so I started browsing through EA's blog to see if they'd posted anything interesting about NCAA and came across a post about using/defending the wildcat. I've tried using the wildcat at times this year but haven't had any success with it. But this paragraph about defending it just kills me. Have a look:

"One primary defensive tactic against the Wildcat is to put your defensive ends into contain (R1/RB then up on Right Stick) to help cut off outside runs and funnel the ball carrier back into the heart of the defense. With the Wildcat relying on speed in the backfield, you may want to utilize a quick defensive with five or six defenses, such as Dime or Quarters and bring your defensive backs closer to the line of scrimmage. Hot routing one of your defensive players into QB Spy can also help contain the speed in the backfield. If your foe does not adjust and is insanely predictable, use the pre-snap Defensive Keys to select Run Left, Run Mid, or Run Right to help shut them down. Bringing pressure can force a quicker than expected decision and hopefully a miscue in your favor."

This is another one of those mind bogglers to me. So EA, on their site is endorsing that to stop the wildcat, dime and quarters are effective defenses. Wow. The wildcat is the simplest form of the early days of football and the single wing. The last defense you should play against an offensive formation that is run based with a rb/wr at QB who is very unlikely to throw the ball is a passing defense. Good gosh!

Here's the link:
    http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action

The article is midway down the page, titled "Breaking Down the Wildcat" by Chris Jacobs.

I assume this guy is one of their game changers. Ryno should slap this guy if he goes back to Tiburon this year. And where's Ryno's blog, doesn't he get to do one of these??? He should be schooling these guys on some sim football. :)

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah there is a fine line between sim and freestyle....unfortunately for EA its a mixed jumble of BS

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The sad truth is that these days "content" is the only thing that matters to the search engines or whatever. It just matters that you have something on the page, and that you have a lot of it... Not necessarily good.

As well, most sports gaming websites are just looking for people reliable enough to produce something once a week rather than whether or not it's any good. Kinda sad but understandable.

For instance, Chris S at Operation Sports. In real life, maybe he is an interesting, fun guy. Online, he has nothing interesting to say about anything. I've literally never read a single article of his that got me thinking, or had me nodding my head in agreement, or anything. Nothing useful whatsoever. But he's around to do it a couple times a week..... so he's still there.

• Like Like x 1