Just got the game

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by MurkYa21, Nov 14, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just got the game

Can someone break this game down for me??

All the things you can do etc..

I see you can buy stuff from other users, and all sorts of things. I'm totally lost. This is the first racing game I've played since Gran Turismo on PS2.

How do you guys get together and play? Is there a way you can race randoms?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Murk...

Just start the season mode and start making cash while using as few of your cars as possible. Get lots of track time. I don't recommend buying any cars for awhile unless you have a fave that isn't on the level rewards list on this link.

The menus are relatively clear, but the store front is something new. The Auction house is found when you click on "cars" - it'll bring up my cars, buy cars, auction house.

Multiplayer is kind of lame this year in that you're either placed in a "hopper" ala Halo, or have to create a private room. No searching the public rooms for a hosted room with the tracks you typically like. etc.

When it comes to tuning, I say... Learn to drive first! Use the tuning calculator I linked to in the tips thread to get a very good base setup, but until you know where your weaknesses are it's somewhat pointless to try tuning manually.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Thanks alot man....really appreciate it!

I'm staying entertained enough just racing the CPU right now. Buying cars was the death of me in GT.

edit: so when you guys race....they are cars that you guys earned?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well... I'm not telling you not to buy any cars, I'm just saying don't waste your credits on something you will win later, etc.

the cool thing about the new season mode is that it will often give you the option of entering another set of races with a car you already own, or are already "in." So you can get a long way, and get a lot of cash, without spending many credits.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The only tip I can give you is to watch out for Blaza "The Intimidator." Oh and be careful with your manual transmission, its real easy to over rev your engine and kill any chance at success.