Just had the craziest 4th quarter

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 25, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Just had the craziest 4th quarter

Had one helluva game with Oregon. Neither team could score in the first half, but then the second half turned into an epic shootout.

A shootout that included the following sequence that no doubt drove Oregon faithful to drink heavily. This is literally one play after another ...

- Punt by Stanford that landed on the 5.
    - Fumble by Oregon, snatched up by Stanford on the 4.
    - Fumble by Stanford on the 2, recovered by Oregon.
    - Oregon QB tackled in the end zone for a safety.
    - After the free kick, Luck throws an INT to an Oregon safety (my freaking TE got decked).
    - Very next play, Oregon throws an INT after their QB got belted, resulting in a Stanford TD.

fucking ... crazy.

tons more theatrics in this one though. Oregon scored after that to take the lead again, 34-33. I was down to 4th and 10 with under a minute to play and threw a big pass to Fleener my TD. Got in FG range and hit a 43 yarder - but left 40something seconds on the clock. Oregon came right back, got in range, and hooked a 45 yarder, wide right.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

That does sound like a wild ride

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not looking forward to USC, I won't lie.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    USC's defense is serious. Like UnC, you literally have time to look at two targets and that's it...if your lucky. Maybe helli will have better luck with possibly a better offensive line but trust, it was HELL playing UNC.

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i had a harder time with Oregon than I did in a pickup game with USC. both USC and I shut each other down, but once Oregon got on a roll with their no huddle attack they were hard as hell to stop.

granted i played USC at home and played at Oregon - which i think matters a lot more this year with ratings being more meaningful.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I swear the CPU can't make a FG over 30 yards, maybe a slight bump in CPU accuracy? lol