just wanted to know what everyone thinks of madden?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by rflagg905, Aug 20, 2010.

1. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

just wanted to know what everyone thinks of madden?

I have played about 4 games 2 vs cpu and 2 vs real people.
    1st game vs cpu was vikes vs saints score was 70 -7 vikings very easy to score Peterson had about 280 running and the old man threw for 450.
    When I have played vs real people the game is all about who gets the ball last. If I have the ball 8 times I will score 7 times there is no d in this game. And don't even try to kick FG in this game online because lag[seems only on the kicking]will kill you. Last night I got one because I pushed the arrow all the way to the right and with the lag on the kick it hooked all the way to the left and just made it.
    Has anyone seen this also?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah the lag is horrible with kicking. I have struggled on punts all year. Scoring is scary easy. I won 84-14 with being the chiefs vs the falcons.

3. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

I hate the kicking in this game! I want to have fun but the idea of losing a game because I miss a PAT is crazy. It's almost like you are made to go for it on 4th down. And the new QB sneak is just to easy to get 1 or 2 yards every time. I saw on some site that only 30% of people that downloaded the demo bought the game where last year it was over 55% that bought it. I guess that next years game will be even more easy to play just to try to get more causal gamers to play it.

4. NDCOLTS1979

No the reason things are the way they are this year is because Ea wants to to completely rewrite the code for Madden. Which is a long process so this year they decided to change a few things but not way to much so they can build the new code. They are worried because Ncaa side of football is mopping the floor with Madden right now. With gameplay and dynasty/franchise mode online.

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I bought it on release day. I have played a grand total of (2) games.
    Makes me think of the old Wendy's comercial with the old lady saying "Where's The Beef". EA..."Where's The D???"

I thing NCAA is better in most all aspects...I'M hoping they come out with a major patch to fix Defense. If I wanted to play a arcade football game, I would get NFL Street..lol

6. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

NCAA is so much better but Madden is the #1 game played on xbox and ps3 now.With sales down even more from last year they really need to fix it and I think that what they will do is make it even less sim to try to get more sales.
    Just think how EA folded on Fight Night when all the idiots wanted them to put the buttons instead of the sticks.After that it just turned into a button smash contest.Fights had over 1000 punches thrown after that. EA always leans to making it easy for anyone to play.Why did they take out the Sportsmanship thing thy had a few years ago where it made you play sim,having to kick on 4th and 12 on your 20 yards line.Because a lot players like us liked that and the 12 and 14 year olds wanted to go for it all the time and they took it out after just one year.

7. KLH528

KLH528 Walk On

This is the first year I haven't bought madden on release date, the last 3-4 years I've been getting it early. When I mean first year I'm talking first year since '97.

8. NDCOLTS1979

I havent bought Madden for 3 years. Decided to this year because of the franchises on this site

9. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Didn't buy it this year for the first time since Nintendo. I refuse to support a game that tries to still sell a product knowing they are re-skinning last year's game and going straight to next years.