Justin.tv and Webcam Settings for optimal video.

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by jms493, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Justin.tv and Webcam Settings for optimal video.

Last night I got the best results yet. Assuming you have a high speed cable Internet this should net you the same results.

The Web cam I have is the Logitech Quickcam for notebooks
    [​IMG]
    I use the Logitech software to mess with the cam setting. (make sure you close the logitech or any webcam software capture screen before opening Flash Media Encoder (next)

I used flash media encoder live 3.0 to stream and mess with the settings.

I have about a 15.00 mbs download speed and 2.2 mps upload speed.

The most important factor I found out last night is to get your webcam as CLOSE to your TV as possible and zoom out as far as you can.

Then mess with the settings of the webcam.....brightness, color, ect.

Download the XML profile from justin.tv and then open up flash media encoder and open up the profile.

Settings I use in FME 3.0.

Format: H.264
    Screen Size: 320X240
    FPS: 24.00
    Bit Rate: 1000 (this is dependant on your upload speed of your internet connected....adjust it till your video is not laggy/choppy)
    Timecode: checked

Sound
    I have screen around with sound yet but I used the mic last night and it works well.......

I bought a spiltter so I can feed the audio directly into the mic jack. I just have hooked it up yet.

once your settings are correct click start and go to your justin.tv channel and check it out. Tweak from there.

Good luck as last night I was impressed with the no lag and very clear picture and it was mainly because I brought the webcam with like 2 feet of the TV.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That doesn't look bad at all. Nice work.