Juventus FC

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by AJ Hart MN, Feb 4, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

[​IMG]
    Starting 11
    GK- Gianlugi Buffon​
    RB- Muhommad Sissoko​
    CB- Giorgio Chellini​
    CB- Leonardo Bonucci​
    LB- Armand Traore​
    CM- Alberto Aquilani​
    RM- Claudio Marchisio​
    LM- Milos Krasic​
    CAM- Alessandro Del Piero​
    ST- Fabio Quagliarella​
    ST- Vincenzo Iaquinta​
    Key Reserves
    ST- Luca Toni​
    RM- Simone Pepe​
    CDM- Felipe Melo​
    F- Jorge Martinez​
    M- Hasan Salihamidzic​
    F- Alessandro Matri​
    D- Fabio Grosso​
    D- Marco Motta​
    D- Andrea Barzagli​

2. AJ Hart MN

Week-1 (matchday 1)

Juventus (3) @ Bayern Munich (0)

Juventus
    Goals:
    Krasic :goal: (15)
    Iaquinta :goal: (53)
    Krasic :goal: (64)

Assists:
    Del Piero
    Pepe

Cards:
    None

Man of the Match:
    Chellini - 8.8

Bayern Munich

Goals:
    None

Assists:
    None

Cards:
    Van Bommel :yellowcard: (30)
    Van Bommel :yellowcard: -> :redcard: (79)

Juventus started off the season on the right foot by beating a very good Munich squad. Milan Krasic continually gave Munich defenders fits with his speed and strength. He was easily the most impressive Juve forward. The defense was the story of the game however as they never really let Munich get many good looks and when they did, Buffon was always up to the task. Giorgio Chellini was named man of the match with his superb defending.

Highlights

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Krasic has been really impressive every time we played. Very underrated.

4. AJ Hart MN

Week 1 (Matchday 2)

FC Porto 1 @ Juventus 2

FC Porto
    Goals:
    Rodriguez :goal: (90)

Assists:
    Hulk

Cards:
    none

Man of the Match:
    Pereria (8.1)

Juventus
    Goals:
    Marchisio :goal: (56')
    Del Piero :goal:(71')

Assists:
    Iaquinta

Cards:
    None

Juventus ended week one of the TFL with all 6 points. It was a hard fought game with Manager ryalaman's Porto squad but behind great goaltending from Buffon, Juve was able to squeak out a 2-1 win. Claudio Marchisio opened up the scoring for Juve with a perfect right footed blast from the edge of the penalty area in the 56th minute. Alessandro Del Piero would place a beautiful free kick in the upper right hand corner of the net in the 71st minute to give Juve the all important 2 goal lead. Buffon would make two great saves on 1 on 1 situations to preserve the scoreless tie early on as the Juve back line was somewhat suspect. The project of Felipe Melo to CB may be coming to an end as both 1 on 1 situations were a result of the strong Brazilian being out of position. We may tinker with the formation we have to bring Melo back into the midfield where he is more comfortable. Buffon was a rock and even though he gave up a 90th minute goal, he was easily the top player on the field all game long.

It was a even game on all fronts. Porto had a slim shot margin but Juve won the possession battle and had twice as many tackles as the Portuguese side. We expect another battle from Porto when we travel to their place on the return fixture later in the season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Great work on the content, both here in each of the league pages.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

That second highlight was just so awful on my part. I meant to actually put something behind that shot... and then idk what happened. Maybe I freaked out because I was about to score on AJ.

7. AJ Hart MN

Week 2 (Matchday 3)

Villarreal 0 @ Juventus 0

Villarreal

Goals
    None

Assists
    None

Cards
    None

Juventus

Goals
    None

Assists
    None

Cards
    None

MOM
    Chellini (8.4)

Not much here to really get excited about. Juve pretty much controlled the game leading in shots, possession and tackles but don't let those stats fool you. We never really were able to get consistent chances on the Villarreal keeper. Both teams had a couple of great chances but poor finishing on both sides resulted in a nil-nil draw. I can never complain too much getting this result against a JFace led squad as he is a great player and this was probably the result that was deserved.

Note: No highlights as there weren't any that warranted it.

8. AJ Hart MN

Week 2 (Matchday 4)​

Juventus 2 @ Liverpool 0​

Juventus

Goals
    Iaquinta :goal: (34)​
    Amauri :goal: (78)​

Assists
    Marchisio​

Cards
    None​

Man of the Match
    Chellini 8.8​

Liverpool

Goals
    None​

Assists
    None​

Cards
    None​

GG Randy.. Liverpool played a more defensive game and allowed Juve to maintain possession but never really gave them any great opportunities. We still had a couple point blank chances but Reina was able to make good stops. Liverpool also was able to create a couple great counter attacks that Buffon was luckily able to stop. In the end we were able to get a couple garbage goals to secure the 3 points.​

Highlights

9. AJ Hart MN

Week 3 (Matchday 6)

Juventus 4 @ Tottenham 0

Juventus

Goals
    :goal:Krasic (41')
    :goal:Pepe (81')
    :goal:Pepe (90')
    :goal:Amauri (90')

Assists
    Del Piero (2)
    Amauri
    Iaquinta

Cards
    None

MOM
    Sissoko (9.6)

Tottenham

Goals
    None

Assists
    None

Cards
    None

For the first time all year, Juventus showed their class against a great club. The midfield of Claudio Marchisio, Antonio Aquilanni and Alessandro Del Piero really controlled this entire game. The visitors had chances all game as the Spur keeper was always kept busy. The back line of Sissoko, Melo, Chellini and Traore were able to limit the counter attacks of Tottenham. It's nice to get this win as next up is French giant and table leading Lyon. Juve will have to have another outing like this to beat Blaza's squad.

It's going to be sad to see Forward Amauri leave at week's end as he has been playing excellent as a sub. He only got about 20 minutes in this game but he made the most of them as he scored on a header from a Del Piero corner and set up Pepe beautifully for Pepe's first goal.

Gigi Buffon was not testing too often but when he was, he was always up for the task. Except for a 90th minute goal conceded to Porto, the superstar keeper has not allowed anything else to get past him. He's one of the main reasons this club is liking their chances come Champions League time in the next week.

Juventus went with a refined formation. We thought we were having some issues creating some solid chances so we tinkered with some of the guys work rates and runs and it payed off in a big way. Juve dominated all the stats as we had a 16-3 Shot advantage with 8 being on target to Spurs 1. We had 61% possession so we were really able to control the game in all ways. We look forward to seeing if we can have this type of success against some different teams.

Highlights

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice curve on the corner kick.

11. AJ Hart MN

Week 3 (Matchday 5)

Lyon 0 @ Juventus 1

Lyon

Goals:
    None

Assists:
    None

Cards:
    Lovren :yellowcard: (45')

Juventus

Goals:
    Krasic (18')

Assists:
    None

Cards:
    None

MOM:
    Chellini & Melo (8.7)

Once again, a fatastic game between Blaza and myself. We felt we had the better edge in the first half as Del Piero, Marchisio and Aquillani were able to create some space for wingers Krasic and Pepe. Luci Toni was given the start at Striker and had a couple of chances but Blaza's defense really limited his chances in the air. On Juve's goal, Del Piero slide a nifty pass to an open Toni who was free on goalkeeper Hugo Lloris but Lloris made a great save but left a big rebound which Krasic calmly slide home for the only goal.

The second half would see the french giant Lyon control most of the play. It seemed they made a couple of tactical moves to pressure the Juve midfield and although we were able to break it a couple of times, it was very successful for the most part. Lyon had a fantastic chance but the post saved Buffon and Juve. We were able to hold on somehow but not without Lyon getting multiple chances that Buffon had to come up big on. It seems these two clubs are about as equally matched as possible as you can see with the extra stats provided here.

Stats
    Juventus - Lyon
    9 Shots 9
    4 Shots on Target 2
    56% Possession 44%
    10 Tackles 24
    Highlights

12. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Hey man, don't mind me, I'm just stalking your progression with Juventus as I am a BIG fan of the team in real life, LOL. I see that you started Toni last game, smart choice with his aerial ability. Have you tried out an attacking duo of Quagliarella-Matri? I know that they might not be the best in the air but Quags is just awesome in terms of skills and I have been having alot of success with Matri up front in recent online games with the team (on PS3). Just a suggestion from a loyal Juve fan :)

Keep up the good work in this league and make Juve proud! lol

13. AJ Hart MN

No problem bro.. Any advice is always appreciated.. I used to big a big Juventus fan back when Trezeguet was in all his glory. Always been my favorite Serie A team and I was glad I ended up with them with the 11th pick in our draft.

I'm a big 4-3-3 guy but Juve's players make that somewhat challenging. I tinkered with the formations to get what I like.

----------------Buffon
    Traore----Chillini------Melo--------Sissoko
    -------Marchisio---------Aquilani
    ----------------Del Piero
    Pepe------------Toni--------------Krasic

Since the 4-3-3 would leave Del Piero on the bench, I made this formation have a CAM role which Del Piero fits beautifully and I like the central midfield of Marchisio and Aquilani. Pepe and Toni are where my biggest decisions lay. I also love Quags as he is overall the better player than Toni but for the formation, I love the big target man in the middle. I was really contemplating between Matri and Luca but when I took a close look at everything including Luca's Finishing and Heading Accuracy, I went with Toni. I also really like Iaquinta as he was my old starter before the update. I ran a bunch of friendly's with some of the guys and what I usually do in the second half is replace Pepe with Iaquinta.. Not quite as great crossing but he still has the pace and strength and his finishing over there on the LW has been great. Quags usually comes on for Del Piero as I only lose a bit of the playmaking but Quags long distance shooting is a perfect fit for playing off the striker. And lastly, Matri still get's some minutes as he usually replaces Toni.. He's basically not quite as good with the heading and finishing but has much better pace so it's pretty much a wash there. If I need to go more defensive, I'll move Melo up to his more comfortable RCM role replacing Aquilani and Bonucci would replace Melo on the back 4. Also really thought about moving Chellini out to his new spot on the LB but I really love Traore's pace and crossing. I have my runs set up so Armound takes risks up field so that is a big part of my game. BTW, Krasic is such a stud, along with Chillini and Buffon, these guys are the reason I have been doing so well with these guys.. Very enjoyable squad.

Hopefully I can make you proud as right now we sit atop of the Premier League standings after a mammoth win over the other power Lyon. I fully expect it to come down between us and Lyon so it's in our hands now. We're also liking our chances in the Champions League as once we get a bit more acclimated with these new players, we think we could be tough to beat.

Good luck to you in your inaugural season in Serie A. Hopefully you guys will have as much fun as I have had here the last couple of seasons and don't be a stranger on this page. I always appreciate the support of the fans.. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. AJ Hart MN

Week 4 (Matchday 8)

Juventus 4 @ Arsenal 0

Juventus

Goals
    Marchisio :goal: (7')
    Aquilani :goal:(24')
    Toni :goal: (68')
    Iaquinta :goal: (90')

Assists
    Del Piero
    Marchisio

Cards
    None

MOM
    Sissoko (9.8)

Arsenal

Goals, Assists, Cards
    None

[​IMG]
    Luca Toni slotting home his first Juventus goal!

[​IMG]
    Starter turned reserve Iaquinta slamming home his 90th minute goal.

Good game Pa.. Juve had a ton of point blank chance with most of them coming from Luca Toni but he was unable to slot home most of them. Finally, he recorded his first Juventus goal in the 68th minute. Gigi Buffon was once again helped out by the woodwork as Arsenal had some very good chances. It will go down as a clean sheet but Arsenal deserved at least two goals. It was a workmanlike effort by the table leaders but they will have to shore up the defensive lapses so they don't happen again. Converted RB Sissoko was again a terror defensively as he recorded an astonishing 9.8 match rating. He continues to prove the Manager AJ Hart was right when he decided to move the CDM to RB before the start of the campaign. Claudio Marchisio was also a man that stood out recording a goal and a assist. It's nice to see so many different players scoring this season as everyone is staying happy and will continue to be happy playing their role for the Italian giant.

Stats
    Juventus - Arsenal
    19 Shots 8
    6 SOT 4
    55% Possesion 45%
    24 Tackles 15

Highlights

15. AJ Hart MN

Week 4 (Matchday 7)

AC Milan 0 @ Juventus 1

AC Milan

Cards, Assists, Goals
    None

Juventus

Goals
    Matri :goal: (67')

Assists
    Krasic

Cards
    None

MOM
    Melo (8.8)

[​IMG]
    Krasic set's up the lone goal

[​IMG]
    Alessandro Matri slots home the winner

Good game ryno.. For some reason my defense was absolutely suffocating. I've never quite had a performance like that. Every attempted tackle was won, it was quite unreal. I'm sure he was a bit frustrated as I would have been. My finishing again let me down. Toni had multiple heading chances and a point blank chance from about 6yds out that he sent wide. He was replaced at half and maybe for good. Matri came in and scored the lone goal off a nifty cross from Krasic.. Krasic won the ball from a Milan defender and sent it in to a open Matri who slotted it in the bottom right corner. Another great week for Juve as they will hold the top spot in the premier league standings for the second consecutive week.

Stats
    Juventus - AC Milan
    17 Shots 0
    7 SOT 0
    61% Possesion 39%
    14 Tackles 18
    Highlight

16. AJ Hart MN

Champions League (Matchday 1)

Juventus 0 @ Bayern Leverkusen 0

Juventus

No Events

Bayern Leverkusen

No Events

MOM
    Adler (8.3)

What an ugly Champions League opener for Juve. Bayern started off red hot as the Juve defense was absolute garbage early. Bayern had two golden early chances but Buffon would come up big. We thought we controlled the rest of the match after we made a couple of adjustments but again, the finishing failed us. Toni and Krasic had multiple chances but just couldn't get it past the Leverkusen keeper. Credit to manager KillerNuts as he played very well in this one.

Stats
    Juventus - Bayern Leverkusen

6 Shots 7

3 SOT 4

56% Possession 44%

25 Tackles 21

Highlight (If you can call it that)

17. AJ Hart MN

Champions League (Matchday 2)

Bayern Leverkusen 1 @ Juventus 1

Bayern Leverkusen

Goals
    Ballack (39')

Assists and Cards
    None

Juventus

Goals
    Toni (6')

Assists
    Aquilani

Cards
    Aquilani :yellowcard:(13') :yellowcard:-> :redcard:(90')

MOM
    Traore (9.4)

This game would see Juve continue their downward slide. Although we thought we dominated in every facet of the game, at the end of the day, we only came away with another point. The boys from Torino were very aggressive early and they were rewarded with a Luca Toni goal in the 6th minute and had several more 1st half chances only to see their finishing continue to haunt them. Leverkusen would get a somewhat lucky goal but hey, they all count to tie it up in the 39th minute. Juve would continue to attack but it would be all for naught as this game would end in a 1-1 draw. To say the first week was a disappointment would be an understatement but what's done is done and all we can do is look forward to Villa in the next round of games. Some experts were saying this group was going to be a cake walk but with the play of Leverkusen in these matches and Fulham's recent form, It will be anything but.

Stats
    Juventus - Bayern Leverkusen

14 Shots 4

9 SOT 2

54% Possession 46%

26 Tackles 26
    Highlights

18. AJ Hart MN

Champions League Group Stage (Match 3)

Juventus 1 @ Aston Villa 0

Juventus

Goals
    Toni (60')

Assists
    Del Piero

Cards
    None

MOM
    ??

Aston Villa
    No Events

Note: Aquilani served his 1 game suspension due to his Red Card in the second match against Leverkusen

Another frustrating game from Juventus as Rich's Villa squad kept us at arm's length the entire game. Luckily, we were able to finally break through with a goal but still, we were not happy with the play of the squad. There were far too many holes in the defense and of course the offensive woes continued. We were very lucky to come away with the 3 points as Villa probably deserved a better fate.

Stats
    Juventus - Aston Villa
    7 Shots 8
    3 SOT 1
    47% Possession 53%
    Highlight

19. AJ Hart MN

Champions League Group Stage (Match 4)

Aston Villa 0 @ Juventus 3

Aston Villa
    No Events

Juventus

Goals
    Toni (78')
    Del Piero (84')
    Quagliarella (90')

Assists
    Quagliarella

Cards
    None

MOM
    Chellini & Marchisio (8.4)

Another frustrating game for the most part but the boys from Torino broke through in the 78th minute and the goals would finally start to come in bunches. Again, a great job by Villa Manager Richuation as he probably had the best chances through the 78th minute but Buffon was a beast in net. The back line of Juve was getting very frustrated by the patience of the Villa forwards but they somehow were able to keep the ball out of the net. Juve attacked with everything they had as they put shot after shot at the Villa keeper. Don't get me wrong, alot of these shots were not quality shots but Friedel kept them out. Finally once Toni got that first one, it seemed Villa was kind of got discouraged and Juve was able to net a couple more late one's. Hopefully this game can get this squad going again as it has seemed lately that they have been coming back to the pack a little. We got 6 points from Villa but there's is no way we deserved all 6.

Stats
    Juventus - Aston Villa
    18 Shots 10
    8 SOT 5
    50% Possession 50%
    21 Tackles 15
    Highlights

20. AJ Hart MN

Week 5 (Matchday 10)

Juventus 0 @ Aston Villa 0

Juventus

No Goals, Assists and Cards

MOM
    Chellini (9.3)

Aston Villa

No Events

Well, this was the first of the 3 we played and by far the most frustrating. I kept getting shots at Friedel but none would go in. There wasn't a ton of quality with the shots but there were some good opportunities in there. I've never been quite so mad at a game when in the 90th minute, Krasic and Toni broke free for a 2 on 0.. Krasic tried to lay the ball up to Toni for a easy goal but instead of kicking it in the net Toni just decided he wasn't even gonna attempt to hit and let it go through to the 3rd guy coming in which was Quagliarella who calmly shot it directly into Friedel's chest. I about threw my controller at that point but what are you gonna do?? Rich played a very defensive style which had me going nuts (not at him). I just couldn't break his D down and get good shots but that's a credit to him. Losing out on these 2 points could prove very costly at the end of the year but we'll regroup and hopefully get 3 against Roma later in the week.

Stats
    Juventus - Aston Villa
    17 Shots 1
    8 SOT 0
    49% Possession 51%
    19 Tackles 12
    No Highlights as I was too frustrated to Upload

21. AJ Hart MN

Week 5 (Matchday 9)

Roma 1 @ Juventus 2

Roma

Goals
    Borriello (77')

Assist
    De Rossi

Card
    :yellowcard: Adriano (62')

Juventus

Goals
    Toni (42')
    Quagliarella (45')

Assist
    Marchisio

Card
    None

MOM
    Marchisio (8.3)

Good game Cole.. The game started off a bit slow and Juventus finally started to control late in the first half. We put alot of pressure on the defense of Roma and finally were rewarded with a Toni header from a nice cross from Marchisio. Fabio Quagliarella would add another shortly before intermission on a mixup between Roma defenders and their keeper. It looked as if Juve would add a couple more early in the second half but again their finishing failed them. A couple off the woodwork and a point blank miss by Toni kept Roma in this. Roma finally really started to play midway through the second half. They broke through and were the first premier league team to slot one by Buffon since Machday 2 when sub Marco Borriello somehow made his way through 3 Juve defenders and calmly slotted home the goal to make it 2-1. Roma had a excellent chance to tie this game very late but Buffon would come up huge. It wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Surely, the rematch in Roma will be a tough match as this one is. I can see why Cole has done well this season. He's a good player.

Stats
    Juventus - Roma

15 Shots 4

6 SOT 1

54% Possession 46%

9 Tackles 11
    Highlights

22. AJ Hart MN

Week 6 (Matchday 11)

Juventus 3 @ Athletico Madrid 2

Juventus

Goals
    Quagliarella (7')
    Marchisio (53')
    Quagliarella (74')

Assists
    Iaquinta (2)
    Del Piero

Cards
    Bonucci :yellowcard: (70')

MOM
    Del Piero (9.3)

Athletico Madrid

Goals
    Forlan - Penalty (71')
    Forlan (90')

Assists
    Aguero

Cards
    None

Wow is all that needs to be said here. Juventus was relentless in their counter attack against the Spanish side. They put up an astonishing 30 shots (not a misprint) with 15 being on target. At last count, we had 5 shots off the woodwork as everything we would throw at Athletico would somehow not find it's way into the net. Luckily, we were able to get 3 by De Gea but we thought we left so many chances out on the field. The fact that this game was even in doubt at the very end was just crazy. Athletico likes to play a very aggressive style and takes plenty of chances and Juve was ready for it. With so many chances that left the boys just shaking their head in disbelief, they were licking their chops for the return fixture in Torino.

Stats
    Juventus - Athletico Madrid
    30 Shots 9
    15 SOT 4
    57% Possession 43%
    22 Tackles 20
    Highlight

[​IMG]

23. AJ Hart MN

Week 6 (Matchday 12)

Athletico Madrid 1 @ Juventus 7

Athletico

Goals
    Aguero (8')

Assists
    None

Cards
    Felipe :yellowcard:(9')
    Aguero :yellowcard:(54')
    Simao :yellowcard:(90')

Juventus

Goals
    Krasic (5')
    Del Piero (18')
    Iaquinta (28')
    Del Piero (42')
    Del Piero (51')
    Quagliarella (53')
    Quagliarella (62')

Assists
    Aquilani (2)
    Iaquinta
    Quagliarella
    Krasic
    Chellini

Cards
    Bonucci :yellowcard:(22')

MOM

Chellini & Aquilani (9.5)

Another WOW game.. Things started off with maybe the goal of the year by Milos Krasic in the 5th minute. For reason only known to EA, they didn't give me an option to save the highlight however. It was fantastic as Antonio Aquilani chipped a through ball up to a streaking Krasic.. Athletico keeper De Gea was sprinting towards the ball but Krasic jumped and chipped the ball over the keeper with his weaker left foot for the early lead. It was a beautiful play and the reason why Krasic is one of the top players in the league. The goals would come in bunches through out the rest of the game as by the time the 62' minute came, Juve had put up 7 goals!! Both coaches decided at that point as the damage was done and Athletico just held the ball for the final half hour of the game. I apologized to coach Huskie during the game but he held no hard feelings as his style is very risk/reward. We were able to consistently break his pressure and that left us continually with odd man rushes with our forwards and they took advantage of it. The change of philosophy may have given this squad the kick in the ass they needed as they looked like a different club than the one we saw the last couple of weeks. We now believe we can defend our Premier League Championship and look forward to the rest of the season.

Stats
    Juventus - Athletico Madrid

17 Shots 7

10 SOT 5

N/A Possession N/A

21 Tackles 12
    EA didn't give me any decent highlights so I just uploaded a screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Del Piero scoring his first of his Hat Trick!

24. AJ Hart MN

Champions League Group Stage (Week 3)

Juventus 3 @ Fulham 0
    Juventus

Goals
    Quagliarella (41')
    Marchisio (47')
    Matri (76')

Assists
    Aquilani
    Quagliarella
    Iaquinta

Cards
    None

MOM
    Aquilani (8.9)

Fulham

Goals, Assists
    None

Cards
    Dempsey :redcard: (84')

Juventus unveiled their new formation and tactics for the big game against Fulham. Luca Toni was nowhere to be seen as he was relegated to the bench in favor of Vincenzo Iaquinta. Fabio Quagliarella and CB Bonucci also joined the starting 11 in favor for Felipe Melo and Simone Pepe. The new look seemed to pay huge dividends as Juve handled the English side with relative ease. Fulham had a early great chance but Gigi Buffon came up big and then it was all Juve from that point forward. Quagliarella started things off for the Torino side and Marchisio and super sub Alessandro Matri would also add goals to give Juve a convincing 3 nil win. It was a good start with the new tactics as the squad was getting stale the last couple of weeks. The addition of Iaquinta and Quagliarella give the squad some more speed and skill that manager AJ Hart has been looking for. Toni was told he will not be one of the top subs either as those roles will be filled by Matri, Pepe, Melo and Jorge Martinez. The manager went back to some of the tactics that made his Marseille squad so successful last season. After one game, they have to be considered a huge success.

Stats
    Juventus - Fulham
    20 Shots 6
    9 SOT 5
    59% Possession 41%
    21 Tackles 18
    Highlights

25. AJ Hart MN

Champions League Group Stage (Week 3)

Fulham 2 @ Juventus 2

Fulham

Goals
    Zamora (10')
    Zamora (35')

Assists
    Duff

Cards
    None

Juventus

Goals
    Del Piero (59')
    Iaquinta (78')

Assists
    Matri
    Quagliarella

Cards
    None

MOM
    Del Piero (8.5)

Note: Clint Dempsey served his 1 game suspension for his Red Card in the first game

Juventus must have been a little full of themselves after the first meeting against Fulham as they came out flat as can be. For the first 35 minutes of this game, Fulham was clearly the better squad. Not once but twice Zamora waltzed through the shoddy Juve defense to score goals. There must have been some talking to as Juve came alive at this point. The boys from Torino started putting all kinds of pressure on the Fulham keeper but couldn't break through before the break but would finally get to the English side shortly there after. Alessandro Del Piero finally broke through in the 59th minute to give the club a huge lift. Next was a huge goaltending gaffe as the Fullham keeper tried to ground pass a goal kick up to the midfield.. Fabio Quagliarella intercepted the badly placed pass and sent Vincenzo Iaquinta free with a nice through ball and the big, strong, fast striker equalized the game in the 78th minute. Juve wasn't done however as they kept the pressure on the Fulham defense but twice hit the woodwork in the final 10 minutes. Juve thought they deserved a better fate in this one but they only had themselves to blame for the poor start. We have to give credit to Fulham as they came out and really took the game to us and we didn't finally respond until we were already down 2. Good luck to Manager Knight and his squad in the knockout round.. They will be a tough beat.

Stats
    Juventus - Fulham

13 Shots 9

6 SOT 5
    55% Possession 45%

24 Tackles 20
    Highlight