Kansas City Royals.. Oops!!

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Fiddy14, May 30, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

look at the Royals back in 2005 turn down Dan Heckelbeck for their Manager position.

[​IMG]

Oops, 7 years later he wins the World Series with them in OOTP Baseball.

hey Dan, i would call them and tell them to take your file and throw it away. Piss on them!!

LOL..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

LMAO! Their loss! Yeah, like I said on Facebook, the rejection letter doesn't say what position I was applying for... I mean, I could be yanking your chain, and maybe I'm getting turned down from selling ice cold Coca-Cola as a vendor... but I swear, I applied for position of Manager. My cover letter even mentioned my record as a little league coach, that I won a little league championship, I was a pitching coach for another team, my experience as a player in high school and college (RHP), and that I currently played softball and our teams were winning leagues, lol.

Of course I knew I wouldn't get the job, Buddy Bell did, grrrrrr. But now I have a neat story, LOL. And if anyone questions what job I really applied for... I don't think the GM of the Royals at the time, Allard Baird, would have signed a rejection letter if I applied to be a vendor, lol. Then that bastard got fired, and hired by the Red Sox as an assistant to Theo Epstein, and I think he won a World Series.... sigh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Absolutely CLASSIC!

I'm going to send my resume to the Cleveland Indians when I get home :D

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me too...send some shit to the Dodgers just to get a cool letter back from them tell me to get lost!