Kansas City Royals.. Oops!!

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Fiddy14, May 30, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

Dec 6, 2011
    look at the Royals back in 2005 turn down Dan Heckelbeck for their Manager position.

Oops, 7 years later he wins the World Series with them in OOTP Baseball.

hey Dan, i would call them and tell them to take your file and throw it away. Piss on them!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

Feb 22, 2012
    LMAO! Their loss! Yeah, like I said on Facebook, the rejection letter doesn't say what position I was applying for... I mean, I could be yanking your chain, and maybe I'm getting turned down from selling ice cold Coca-Cola as a vendor... but I swear, I applied for position of Manager. My cover letter even mentioned my record as a little league coach, that I won a little league championship, I was a pitching coach for another team, my experience as a player in high school and college (RHP), and that I currently played softball and our teams were winning leagues, lol.

Of course I knew I wouldn't get the job, Buddy Bell did, grrrrrr. But now I have a neat story, LOL. And if anyone questions what job I really applied for... I don't think the GM of the Royals at the time, Allard Baird, would have signed a rejection letter if I applied to be a vendor, lol. Then that bastard got fired, and hired by the Red Sox as an assistant to Theo Epstein, and I think he won a World Series.... sigh.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Feb 11, 2012
    Absolutely CLASSIC!

I'm going to send my resume to the Cleveland Indians when I get home :D
  4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    Me too...send some shit to the Dodgers just to get a cool letter back from them tell me to get lost!