Kansas St. Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smlVICTORIES53, Aug 29, 2010.

1. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Kansas St. Game Summaries

KSU 21 - Oregon St. 20
    KSU narrowly escaped with a win against Oregon St. KSU was up 21-14 late in the fourth when Oregon St. drove down the field with time running out and scored a TD. The kicker missed the extra point and KSU recovers onside kick and takes a knee. Game over. I'll write more tommorrow

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

This was defensive struggle for most of the game. My team was WAY out classed. I'm shocked my defense played as well as it did. My offense sputtered at best. Anytime KSU got anything going Ohio St would tighten up and stop us. Kicker/punter hit 3 FGs and almost had 4 but came up just short on a 60yd FG with the wind blowing in his face. Big play of the game was with about 3 min left in the 4th and Ohio St. was inside the 5yd line. The defense held to a 3rd down and the Buckeyes got cute and tried to pass it in and the KSU SS picked it off in the endzone to end the threat. The Wildcats managed to string together enough positive plays to get inside the kickers range. The kick went thru the uprights with 30secs left and the Wildcat defense was able to get 2 sacks and keep Ohio St. from completing a miracle.

Kansas St.'s biggest offensive weapon is their punter who handles all kicking duties. Gotta love having a guy with 96 KP

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Wildcat defense bails them out, again. The defense stepped up in this game and forced 4 big turnovers. 3 interceptions and 1 fumble that was returned for a TD. KSU gave up yards and 3 TD passes by the end of the game but they made plays when they needed too. Duke was on fire with their passing game and had a good running attack as well. After throwing a pick on their opening drive the Blue devils bounced back and gave KSU all they could handle.

KSU's offense on the other hand is TERRIBLE!! other than being able to run somewhat. Klein is avg at best and the WRs might as well be statues out there. Hopefully some kind of system can be figured out because I don't know how long the Wildcats can get by not helping the defense out.

Final Score
    KSU 28 - Duke 21

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

KSU rolls into Austin and thumps #2 Texas!!

Texas won't be overlooking Kansas St. anytime in the near future. The Wildcats came out and out played Texas. KSU out gained the Longhorns 363yds to 252yds. The Defense came up with 4 big turnovers and held Texas' star HB Newton to 54yds on 16 carries. Gilbert found the KSU defense in his face most of the game being sacked 3 times and throwing 3 ints. The defense has played well before in big games for the Wildcats and has proven they are up to the task no matter who the opponent is.

The surprise in this game was the KSU offense. So far this season they have been anemic at best but they showed up to play today. Klein went 12-24 253yds and a TD. his best overall performance of the year thus far. The offense line didn't give up any sacks. Childs and Robinson were able to grind it out well enough to give the Wildcats a credible running game. The top 2 WR on the depth chart showed up and made huge impacts. Tremaine Thompson caught 4 balls for 128yds and a TD.

KSU is hoping to continue the momentum they've gathered after beating the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the nation at the time they played them.

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

KSU beats rival Kansas 41-17 to avenge a loss to the Jayhawks last season.