Kasper's Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Kasper, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Part 1 - Who Is Invited To The Dance?

We are going to start of the predictions by first determining/completely guessing thanks to our educated guesses/shots in the dark about who will even make it into the big shabang at the end of the year. We will take a look at both the NFC and AFC tonight, unless I don't feel like doing both and you get to see the rest tomorrow. Regardless, we are going to cover both- everything from the vaunted AFC East to the appallingly bad AFC South. Without further ado, let's make a bunch of guesses.

AFC North
    [​IMG]

On paper, the Ravens are the clear choice; better talent, defending Super Bowl champs, and Randiesel at the helm. But they two things against them: 1) They recently got stomped by the Browns who have lost the majorit of their games due to sims and 2) they have Randiesel at the helm. I want to see the Steelers make a late push for this division title, but I don't see it happenning. Danthraxxx and his Bengals are probably screwed also. I see Shaun pulling this one out due in large part to him hopefully playing half the remaining games on his schedule.

AFC South
    [​IMG]

As much as I want my Texans to make a magic run, I don't foresee nelly losing out. Broth is in striking distance, but after a convincing 41-26 win by the Colts, I think the Titans are going to falter. Jacksonville is long gone from this race, just about as much as Houston. Things are so bad in Jacksonville that I'm pretty sure Tebow is on the roster last I heard- the only people excited about that are Skip Bayless and CoachRedd. Colts cruise the rest of the way in this division and take it by a few games in the end.

AFC East
    [​IMG]

And here we have quite possibly the best division in football. While the four teams continue to eat each other alive (outside of Lawdog just plain wrecking shit), all four continue to show- for the most part- why this is the premiere division in the NFL. I don't think anyone would doubt Lawdog takes this one, but the question is will the AFC East claim both wildcard spots? Injuries have plagued Buffalo so far, but who knows what a healthy team + Philstyle can do. I think antcap takes a wild card spot, with Phil just missing the boat. Rich will continue to hang out and at least be able to claim he plays in the best division.

AFC West
    [​IMG]

Well Oakland is out of the race, but outside of that this thing is wide open. Ryno is solid, but I think this race will come down to San Diego and Denver. I noticed Masler in the chat box noted that the only team that has slowed down his passing attack is the Chargers- spoiler alert, San Diego wins the division with Denver pushing for a wild card spot.

NFC North
    [​IMG]

Another wide open division for the most part- Dakota, Noles, and Hova are all jockeying for the top spot in a tightly contested NFC North. With Aaron Rodgers struggling, I am going to discount Dakota (though he could very well do the opposite and Rodgers could start playing like himself with the Pack storming to the division lead). Minnesota took the first game in Detroit in a close one, so I look for them to do the same when they get the Lions at home. That said, I think Hova takes the division- with Gravity pulling a late win on one of the two to really screw things up for them. Wouldn't surprise me if Hova or Noles takes a wild card spot in the NFC.

NFC South
    [​IMG]

A scrappy division here- we have Fuzzy, Bucs, and NT scratching and clawing for the top spot. I think NT is going to hold onto his lead with that high powered offense, but Fuzzy and Bucs are capable. Questions about the Freeman situation are spiraling in Tampa, and you never know what you are going to get out of Fuzzy and Cam Newton- I look for NT to do just enough to take this one.

NFC East
    [​IMG]

As of the time I finished this up, New York just beat Dallas for the second time this season so I don't think there is anyway Peench loses his grip on this division. BUT, I think Dallas will snatch up a wild card spot AND go on to beat the Giants at some point en route to a Super Bowl appearance (sorry for the jinx Saw). I think Jowers is a tad to far behind two of TMFL's best, and Moon is in the spot only in a tad deeper hole. Always a fun division to keep an eye on, and honestly who knows what could happen the next few weeks.

NFC West
    [​IMG]

Certainly the most interesting division to probably keep an eye on, this thing could shake out just about any way- Rams, Cards, Hawks, or 9ers could take this one. First of all, I think whoever comes in second takes a wild card spot alongside the Cowboys. I don't quite think Bruce has the horses to run with this division quite yet, so I will put the Rams aside. Baron has shown he knows how to win in TMFL (via cheese of course), Bigcoug is making noise with a very good team, and Jesse is simply riding a talented roster to a solid start with a good brand of football that he always plays. I think Baron finds a way to just barely edge PAgamer, with Coug taking the division. All of that said- anything can happen in this race. I came this close to picking Seattle for the wild card spot.

Final Predictions:
    AFCN - Browns
    AFCE - Jets
    AFCS - Colts
    AFCW - Chargers
    AFCWC1 - Dolphins
    AFCWC2 - Denver

NFCN - Lions
    NFCE - Giants
    NFCS - Saints
    NFCW - 49ers
    NFCWC1 - Vikings
    NFCWC2 - Seahawks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to come back and check us out once playoff teams are set as we will be sure to make more wild guesses about who may or may not win the Super Bowl! Thanks for the read and hope yall enjoyed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 16
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I love that you're back Kasper, no homo. You give any league some much needed content life. (y)

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

No way you read that before liking it.

Which I appreciate- along with your polite yet homo comment.

4. fuzzyl0gic

I'm a quick reader, and I got the gist. You take your compliment and you like it, you asswipe. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

thats alright- if i were you i would have just read my own division too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Nicely done kasper, I had snipped the standings when we advanced and was going to put this up also.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

The next four weeks will determine whether the Chargers' season is a success. With games on the road against Kansas City and Denver and tough home games against the Bengals and the Giants, the Chargers could conceivably go 0-4.

8. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I believe all 3 AFC East teams will make the playoffs. 9-7 looks like a playoff berth this year.

My predictions:

1) AFC East Winner (Jets)
    2) AFC West Winner(Broncos)

3) AFC South Winner(Colts) v 6) AFC East WC#1(Dolphins)
    4) AFC North Winner(Browns) v 5) AFC East WC#2 (Bills)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

updated with "final predictions" -- what are your guys' thoughts on who makes it?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nice work Kasp. I'm taking my Like back if you leave us

• Like Like x 1
  11. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I see how close you were to picking Seattle for the Wild Card spot... seems like a last second gut feeling call. Anyway, it was a good read man

12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

First: Great shit, Kasp.

Second: The bolded confused me.

13. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

lol, I was in the same boat

14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Can't see sawemoff not getting a wildcard spot. He outplayed me last night; sans a deep post he should've picked and a double move by Nicks in the seam, he won.

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Although it might not look like it record wise, the NFC East games are brutal. I've played Eagles twice and both games really could have gone either way. The first game was a last second field goal to win for Eagles and the second was a controversial play on my part that lead to the game going into OT with the Eagles pulling it out.

Saw and Peench always beat each other up, Peench and I generally play each other tight.

One of these days I'm getting the other end of the fucking stick. ;)

sawemoff
    Sgt Jowers

Cheers to the tightest and hardest faught division in the TMFL, the NFC East!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Hopefully we get some good weather... Our damn rain games are brutal.

17. I Peench

I get them with MoonBBad too. I think he's cursed.

18. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

The skins doing the rain dance haha...

19. I Peench

Hahaha well played
    [​IMG]

20. fuzzyl0gic

Panthers playing their hearts out and improve to 5-6. Still a long way to go, the Jets are the toughest team remaining on the schedule for sure. The other four games remaining are all division games, that is make it or break it time.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Shhhhhhhh....

23. fuzzyl0gic

Cam says 6-6 BITCH! :D Three division games and a daunting match-up against the Jets remain (2-1 against the AFC East so far).

24. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

nice work battling back man

• Like Like x 1
  25. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks!