Kellen Winslow talks about his staph infections

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BDSDIGITAL, Jul 21, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Kellen Winslow talks about his staph infections

Not for the weak of heart.

Former Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow revealed details about the staph infection he suffered last season in an interview with ESPN The Magazine. Read the story here on www.procanes.com.

You may want to skip over the next few lines. The description is painful.

Winslow, now with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, told ESPN that doctors drained fluid from his testicles so he could play in an Oct. 19 game at Washington. That was the game when Winslow told the media that the Browns treated him during his hospitalization visit like a piece of meat.

The Browns suspended him for a game, but that suspension was later rescinded.

From the ESPN interview:

"They had to drain it. They had a scalpel. They cut into it. I had to clean it every day with a Q-Tip, for two and a half weeks. It was the most painful thing I've ever been through."

"I was real disappointed when no one came to my defense. They don't want to get suspended or have conduct detrimental to the team, but you've gotta be a man sometimes."

No wonder he wanted to keep this quiet. He might have been a jerk at times, and done some really dumb stuff, but if that's not tough right there I don't know what is. :eek:

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

:(:(:(......OUCH

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I would expect nothing less from a soldier.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Did he have a staph infection in his balls? Why would they need to drain it there and not where the infection actually was? Are we sure he didn't have an STD?

5. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

how do you get a staph infection in your balls?

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I dunno? I really don't think I want to know.