Keller's Kolumn

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Pac 12 North
    [​IMG]Record 3-1 - Rank: Coach #25 Media #19 - The week 4 loss against the surprise Washington Huskies will hurt this team going forward - that is a game I was expecting them to win. They slipped by Cal 23-20 but still have to get by Stanford, Colorado, Utah and Oregon. They will trip up somewhere else along the way, maybe even twice, all but sealing their fate.

[​IMG]Record: 2-2 - Rank: Coach Unr Media #25 - Cal played 4 straight games where each was decided by 3 points - 2 of them losses. Then they got completely man-handled by USC. Their prize? A home game against Oregon then they travel to Arizona St. before finishing up later in the year against Utah and Stanford. They already have 3 losses and with that slate of games I can't see them being competitive in the North unless they win out AND get help.

[​IMG]Record: 2-2 - Unranked - Close losses to Nevada, Illinois and now Notre Dame have really took the wind out of Stanford's sails. They still have yet to play Oregon St, Colorado, Oregon, USC and Cal. Brutal. At least they are 2-0 in the conference and still have a fighting chance depending on how the new few weeks unfold.

Pac 12 South
    [​IMG]Record: 3-1 - Rank: Coach #20 Media #18 - The real story here is a narrow, two point loss to the dread USC Trojans who continue to rack up big wins this year. ASU remains in control of their own destiny with games against Utah, Cal, Colorado and Oregon looming. Still my favorite to win the South but Utah is not going to go down without a fight.

[​IMG]Record: 3-1 - Rank: Unranked - The upset win over USC garnered a lot of buzz for the Utes but they turned around and dropped a key game against Arizona. The showdown against ASU looms but don't forget their schedule is also packed with games against Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State and Cal. I'm upgrading my prediction to include 3 losses instead of 4 - if they can find a way to win against ASU, they may end up taking the South.

[​IMG]Record: 0-3 - Rank: Unranked - In many ways, the Buffaloes are much like the New Orleans Saints after Hurricane Katrina. In this case, Colorado is recovering from the great blizzard of 2017 that severely damaged Folsom Field at the University of Colorado. A blizzard in October? Truly historic - knocking out power and leaving coaches and players stranded across the state. The football team is regrouping but they are in many ways playing for more than just the team. Can they pull a Drew Brees and bring the team back to life next season? We'll see.

B1G Leaders

[​IMG]Record: 3-1 - Rank: Coach #7 Media #8 - Last years #1 team has already tripped up in what some would say is the toughest schedule in the country. Oklahoma bumbled and fumbled their way to an overtime win against the Buckeyes and Ohio State came out the following week flat and worn out. They are still 3-1 but if they keep playing like they did against Indiana - Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, Iowa and Michigan will have their way with them. The Buckeyes are reeling - they need to recover quickly.
    [​IMG]Record: 4-0 - Rank: Coach #6 Media #5 - Looks to be the top dog in the Leaders division this year. WR Ed Jackson is a stud and is putting up huge numbers for the Illini. The showdown with Ohio State looms but you've gotta like Illinois chances this season with big upcoming games against Northwestern, Penn State, Indiana, OSU and Wisconsin.

[​IMG]Record: 0-5 - Rank: Unranked - I don't know that anyone would have predicted an 0-5 start for the Hoosiers but certainly no one is feeling sorry for them. They still will have to fight Wisconsin, Auburn, Illinois, and Iowa for wins - its going to be a long season.

B1G Legends

[​IMG]Record: 0-5 - Rank: Unranked - When we said that this wasn't your typical Michigan team, we weren't sure how confident we were in saying that. Now we are supremely confident. An 0-5 start has put Michigan in a place they never thought existed - Wolverine fans are coming out of the woodwork for newly minted coach Bond's head. It will take a lot to turn this program around, its just not going to start this year, at least not on the field.

[​IMG]Record: 4-0 - Rank: Coach #11 Media #9 - With Michigan imploding, the Legends division is wide open for the Hawkeyes taking. The Nebraska game will likely decide who plays in the Big Ten championship but Iowa must also still outlast Northwestern, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio State. Smart money is currently on an Illinois/Iowa Big Ten championship game - The Hawkeyes appear to be cocked, locked and ready to rock.

[​IMG]Record: 2-2 - Rank: Unranked - A surprise win over Virginia Tech may be the biggest win all year for Northwestern but I like to think those pesky Wildcats can overachieve and really start to build something this year. They will have to get through the likes of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State and Wisconsin - so it won't be easy - but with the Legends division being down this year now is as good a time as any for the Wildcats to rise to the occasion.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Interesting finale going on in the PAC-12.

Stanford can clinch with a win over Cal.
    Oregon State needs to beat Utah and for Cal to beat Stanford.
    Cal needs to beat Stanford and Utah to beat Oregon State

Utah needs to win out or for USC to lose.

Obviously the B1G is really going to define itself in the next three weeks. Ohio State has to play Illinois and Iowa. We will see who is left standing when the dust clears.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Watch me lose both games.

I played my first good game in awhile against PSU - hopefully I can carry that confidence in against Illinois.