Ken's BIG Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RadarRider, Jul 16, 2012.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

User of The Legacy 2012- ... ,

Welcome to Ken's BIG Question. Each week I'll be asking the coaches of The Legacy 1 Big question to answer. Could be about recruiting, offense, defense, win streak, losing streak, outlook, etc, etc. It is then our turn to answer that question (myself included). I look forward to also having the time to interview coaches individually, and sometime opening up the thread for others to post Their Big Question.

This weeks BIG Question: Each team in this Dynasty is unique. The combination of: skill, depth, prestige, conference, location, etc etc, makes each of those unique teams face challenges. What is your biggest challenge going into this season, and how do you look to supersede or overcome it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Avoiding picks from players slipping because it rains every fucking day in Washington.

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG]

Coach Danny Mack at Michigan State has one major hurdle.
    Mack is traditionally a "bone" option offense guy and the Spartans simply do not have the tools to run that sort of offense.

As a result, this Danny Mack coached team will be throwing the ball quite a bit more than any of his previous teams.
    The team considered going with full out Air Raid, but settled on a Pistol based offense that has plenty of Shotgun and Ace formations mixed in.
    The playbook has options, Ace formations allow for the team to run more than planned, while the Shotgun formations allow for more passing.

The hope is to be able to keep the playbook another year and run more of a spread option out of it while the conversion to a more option based -power run team begins.
    However, coach Mack will wait to see the results of recruiting before deciding on any potential playbook change in the future. There is a chance the team may forget about adding more option and go more towards an Air Raid attack.

It's all about getting the right pieces of the puzzle in place.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I could have told you that

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

My biggest hurdle is going to be the current roster. It's horrendous. Recruiting players that will be able to play in a smashmouth offensive system and a run stopping defensive system will be job #1.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. Wick36

How many games have you played on that set? You should be able to run well unless it's against a team with a superior front seven.

7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Don't know what sliders you are playing. I have hit 200 yards in every game on these sliders

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think my biggest challenge is taking pro style personnel and easing them into the transition from the spread into the Air Raid offense. It's going to be a process, luckily I haven't found the right playbook and by the time I'm ready to jump into it my players/team should be built for it.

9. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

N'western currently lacks speed, and running out of the shotgun is difficult when you have a week offensive line and a slow running back. Receivers are slow as well and do not have the best route running. Moving forward, I'll be beefing up my line and recruiting a combination of size and speed.

10. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I have to avoid making dumb decisions in the passing game and giving the ball away via interceptions like I've done since about NCAA 2009

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Working with the dismal talent I have this season for starters. The QB and HB are DECENT but the Oline is terrible. No much skill at WR either. The defense is much better than the offense as a unit but I lack speed on the field. The only solution will be recruiting which will be tough as a 3 star and being in the lame state of Maryland. Most of the recruits there blow or don't want to come here. We need to dominate our state and surrounding states in the future to turn this program around.

12. Wick36

You have Diggs!

13. Hova

red shirtedddd

14. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

All bolded, all my biggest challenge as this team has no skill, depth, prestige, are conference bottom feeders and my best feature is location. Which isn't great for recruiting.

15. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Wow, I am getting the sense that the B1G players are loving their location :)

16. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Alright Coaches, we are soon-to-be closing out our fifth week of our first year. Here are my 3 BIG Question

1. Where have you found success this year?
    2. what has become/is your great challenge?
    3. What/who is your biggest surprise?

Answer away Coaches, and good luck in week 5

17. Wick36

In the passing game, I suppose. Haven't had a wildly successful running game, but my turnovers have been a little. Haven't done poorly though.

I have CPU Oregon and USC in the next two weeks. Those will be large hurdles.

WR James Johnson who has done outstanding for me this season.

18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

The running game. I am currently boasting a top 10 rushing offense and have ran for over 200 yards in ever game minus my AP game vs UVA

Keeping users on their toes with my playcalling in the run game

Tevin Washington. He has completed 77% of his passes this year and has yet to commit a single turnover. He also sits at just over 350 yards rushing on the season.

19. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

0-4 so far this year. No success has been found.

Bringing in talent. ASU does not have many good recruiting pitches, so the team might suck the entire cycle of this game.

How terrible my offensive line and defensive front 6 are. It's like child abuse every time they step on the field.

20. Hova

Defense has been surprisingly good vs CPU but not so much the user.

run game. They are below average at best and I have ZERO talent in this department

No one really. My QB can have really good games, but then throw 4 INTs. He is inconsistent at this point of the season

21. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG]

We JUST found success in the way of a playbook change and overall change in philosophy. We actually changed our playbook a while back but due to user error the change was not made in the dynasty only on the settings - doh! So after figuring out what the heck I did we finally got to use our playbook we have been practicing with outside of the dyansty in exhibition games and online.

Using an ACE SPREAD based offense we can run the ball and have success with short passes. Our main complimentary formation SHOTGUN TIGHT with the same personnel as the ACE SPREAD gives variety to the passing game while showing the same look in the huddle.

Our greatest challenge will be overcoming our 1-3 start [now 2-3]. Luckily our losses were outside of the conference so we still have a shot to do the bowl dance.

MY QB has been a surprise. He's not nearly as good as I thought he would be. He's erratic even with accuracy rated 90, and his arm with power 87 just seems soft at times.
    Maybe he's a year away from playing up to his potential??? However, there's a good chance the Spartans go spread option next season with a mobile freshman QB and Maxwell spends his senior year on the bench.

22. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

1. On offense Colorado has been able to move the ball effectively on the ground and through the air, this is where we are having success.

2. On defense Colorado has given up a lot through the air and on the ground, basically the opposite of the offense, stopping this our biggest challenge.

3. QB Nick Hirschman has a 3:1 TD/INT ratio through 4 games where I typically have a 1:1 at best so that is clearly our biggest surprise.

23. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

IOWA

The run game has been strong for all but one game.

My pass defense has been unacceptable. Zone. man, blitzing, not blitzing nothing seems to work. I also only have one INT this year.

RB Jordan Canzari. He was always penciled in as a starting RB, but initially I figured I'd have to have a RB by committee type approach. That hasn't been the case.

• Like Like x 1
  24. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

We are a few weeks away from closing our first season here in The Legacy, and conference champions/conference championships are begining to take their final shape. Question:

Who do you predict to to be in conference championship games and win?

ACC (Atlantic) vs ACC (Coastal)

B1G (Legends) vs B1G (Leaders)

PAC-12 (North) vs PAC-12 (South)

25. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Who do you predict to to be in conference championship games and win?

ACC (Atlantic) Maryland vs ACC (Coastal) N. Carolina Winner: N. Carolina

B1G (Legends) N'western vs B1G (Leaders) Wisconsin Winner: Wisconsin*

PAC-12 (North) Washington vs PAC-12 (South) Utah Winner: Washington*

*National Championship Game