Kent St position battles

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Jan 7, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well as I continue to search for something resembling an offense, I've got a couple position battles. I don't understand how both my QBs are so bad. They're rated a little higher than the guy I started last year, but he was able to make simple throws without problem. You can ask Recc and Hammerhead. My QBs will have wide open throws and they will just sail them over the WRs heads... It makes me want to claw my eyes out. And unlike last year, I can't run the ball either. It's embarrassingly bad. It makes me wanna run a gimmick offense like Texas Tech's, but my QB can't make the simple throws so I'm pretty much F'd...Anyway, here are the candidates.

QB:

Mark Johnson: 6'1, 199 lbs Redshirt SR
    72 OVR 77 SPD 83 THP 77 THA
    On paper this guy looks solid, but he just doesn't make throws. He constantly sails them over my WRs and right into defenders hands.
    Stats this season: 11 for 24 for 251 yards with 3 TDs and 4 INTs

Charlie Denman: 6'1, 201 lbs Redshirt SO
    71 OVR 70 SPD THP 76 THA 78
    Despite not looking as good, I've gone with Denman cuz he had played better but last nights performance was appalling.
    Stats this season: 68 for 109 for 1,234 yards with 11 TDs and 5 INTs

Luke Riley: 6'6, 204 lbs Redshirt FR
    63 OVR 60 SPD 79 THP 72 THA
    Yeah, I'm actually considering this guy. That's how bad the other two have been this season.
    Stats this season: 2 for 2 for 29 yards and 1 TD

I'm tired of typing now so I'll add the RBs later...

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

You really can't go with the freshman. I'd roll with Johnson as he's decent but you just gotta realize QB is gonna be a liablity. At least johnson offers some escapability with the stongest arm and only 1 point less accurate.

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I want fat and slow Cedric McCloud back...

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Mark Johnson would be my starter in that situation

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

And he was mine. But he played awful and Denman looked decent in relief so I went with Denman for a couple games, but he was horrible against UAB. 20-39 with 2 picks. So I went to Johnson for the final drive and he looked good. So I'm gonna go back to Johnson against Utah St. but Denman is pretty much done in my eyes. I'm moving him to 3rd string and letting Riley get some snaps.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I'd play Denman but my top and pretty much only priority for QB's is accuracy. Pretty much how I order my qb depth. My qb doesn't run and I don't want him to. I get excited when a qb scrambles on me and I get a chance to hitstick the ball out. And with our option rules, it's not going to be all that effective anyway. Give me a statue that can throw an accurate ball and I'll be happy.

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

seconded