Kent State - Colonel Thrillz

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Shrike, Sep 13, 2009.

1. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State - Colonel Thrillz

Offense: Southern Miss

Defense: 3-3-5

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Offense: Kent State
    Defense: 3-4

On offense, I jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead, so that changed any real mixing it up that could be done. Used his TEs well in passing plays.

On defense, he had some plays where my guy should have been taken down, but broke out of tackles and scampered away for big gains. Three of my TD runs were over 50 yards because of that. Liked to shift his d line around a bit.

3. b milley

b milley Walk On

Offensively he came out throwing but he settled into the run game out of Ace - Big and Weak I. He runs to both sides out of the weak I. He uses the run to set up play action and the deep ball, he took a few shots down the field.

Defensively he brought some pressure and was able to get five sacks on me. He's pretty solid against the run. He played man and zone but most of my passing success was against the zone but I only threw eleven times.

Special teams was a problem in this game for both of us. He missed a field goal and Geter returned it for a touch down so if he lines up for a long field goal make sure you have a guy deep to try and return it. We both returned a kick for a touchdown so look to break one for a big gain.

4. dub

dub Banned

came out running, and then settled on the passing game mostly out of Ace, which got me at first.

Runs a 3-4 on defense and a lot of zone out of it, blitzing he's strong side LB.

5. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Playbook:

Offense: West Coast

Defense: 4-2-5

I'm pretty thin at the LB position but have decent depth in secondary

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

just edit the original post.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The Shrike -

Game: Week 6 Central Michigan 44 vs Eastern Michigan 41 in OT

Playbook:
    Offense - West Coast
    Defense - 4-2-5

Scouting Report:

-He passed the ball very well from under center, and often looked to a quick pass to the tight end (#7 i think).
    -He really didn't have much of a running game though, and my guys did a good job of flying to the ball and holding him to short yardage.
    -His QB has decent wheels, so if you aren't bringing a heavy rush, and you are in man he will be able to pick up a first with his feet.

-On offense, I was able to consistantly move the ball by mixing up pass and run plays from under center.
    -He'll play with the safety, LB, or d line.

great game Shrike

8. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Ball St. @ Kent St.

Offense - I was able to get a two TD lead so he passed a good bit. Likes to go to his TE. His RB looks to be pretty good the score early may have taken him out of what he likes to run. He was able to hit the back out of the backfield a few times for some nice gains.

Defense - he moves around a lot so you can't really focus on trying to scheme away from him. I think he played as D-line, safety and LB. He has a good pass D. I was lucky on some 3rd downs with a couple of floating passes that somehow were completed and a few clutch catches in traffic.

Shrike will have a solid team once he gets a couple of recruiting classes under his belt.