Kentucky Wildcats presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Kentucky Wildcats presser

[​IMG]

Coach pretty tough 4 game guantlet to start the season, so far you are 3-0 with a big one against the Gators coming up, what has been the key to your success?

Looking at the numbers between the Wildcats and the Gators you guys look pretty even on paper, how are you going to gain the advantage in this one?

Finish this sentence the team that will win the UK-UF matchup will ____ .

With all three wins being decided by 7 points are less do you think that gives your team an edge going forward into SEC play?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Coach pretty tough 4 game guantlet to start the season, so far you are 3-0 with a big one against the Gators coming up, what has been the key to your success?
    Tryin to score early and play tough defense, shut down the run and make teams pass to beat us.

Looking at the numbers between the Wildcats and the Gators you guys look pretty even on paper, how are you going to gain the advantage in this one?
    I wouldn't say we are pretty even.. maybe stat wise like you say but talent level we are still far behind so we must Keep Florida's offense off of the field, we have to do much better this game making long drives and putting TDs on the board

Finish this sentence the team that will win the UK-UF matchup will ____ .
    Win the SEC!

With all three wins being decided by 7 points are less do you think that gives your team an edge going forward into SEC play?
    We have definitely played some battles and against two very good Big XII schools, but we all know that the SEC is a different animal and you better bring your A game each week.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach one of the highest rankings in school history, we are use to this from the basketball team did you expect this kind of success?

Who has been the on-field leader on defense?

How has this success impacted recruiting?

4. KnightNoles

Coach one of the highest rankings in school history, we are use to this from the basketball team did you expect this kind of success?
    To be honest, no I didn't expect this kind of success. I really thought we would play and compete against Texas and Florida but the overwhelming talent would get us in the end. Then the other user games would be toss ups and we pulled the win out against Baylor and we look forward to Nebraska to end the year.

Who has been the on-field leader on defense?
    Well DeQuin Evans has played solid on the line for us but I would have to say MLB Danny Trevathan.

How has this success impacted recruiting?
    I don't see the success impacting this season's recruiting class too much but hopefully for the future kids will see what we are building here at Kentucky and want to join in on beating the Florida, Texas and elite teams.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Congrats on the SEC east crown, how do you get your kids to not be happy with just winning the East?

What do you see out of LSU that concerns you the most?

Tell America why, Kentucky should play for the BCS if they win the SEC?

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

BOOO!

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

8. KnightNoles

Congrats on the SEC east crown, how do you get your kids to not be happy with just winning the East?
    That is a difficult one since these kids haven't been around to remember the last time Kentucky actually won something. We just have to practice hard and try to go out there and win the big game.

What do you see out of LSU that concerns you the most?
    Size, Speed, toughness

Tell America why, Kentucky should play for the BCS if they win the SEC?
    a 1 loss SEC team, but we lost to late in the year to jump that high...

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big game vs the Bayou Bengals, what have you focused on this week at practice?

This is a rematch of the CCG of last year, what will it take to get it done this time?

A win keeps you in the driver's seat in the East, how important is that?

You have been labeled a "big game" coach, do you feel that this is true?

10. KnightNoles

Big game vs the Bayou Bengals, what have you focused on this week at practice?
    Keep a balanced offensive attack and trying to keep our defense mixed up and our man in front of us along with securing the tackle. LSU has some great athletes that we have to make sure they don't get those extra yards in key situations.

This is a rematch of the CCG of last year, what will it take to get it done this time?
    Offense can not become one dimensional and we gotta make tackles in space. Key on Russell Shepard and try to take away Tolliver and make Jordan Jefferson beat us alone.

A win keeps you in the driver's seat in the East, how important is that?
    Very very important in our pursuit of repeating as SEC East Champs and representing our side in the Championship game

You have been labeled a "big game" coach, do you feel that this is true?
    I don't know where the label came from, I don't do too much different from any other game. This LSU game is very important to me because career wise I am 0-2 against Coach CA.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

The list of impressive wins is long and impressive, what ahve you taken from the big wins vs Texas and Georgia?

Does the east belong to Kentucky this year?

You begin to prepare for the florida gators in a game that could largely decide the outcome of the EAST,what will be the focus heading into that game?

When will UK land the big time recruit to go along with the blue collar guys they are able to reel in?

12. KnightNoles

The list of impressive wins is long and impressive, what ahve you taken from the big wins vs Texas and Georgia?
    We are going to have to play the full 28 mins at our highest level. I like what I see from our team but we have to get a little bit more consistency out of our vets on offense. I think we could be a lot better on that side of the ball, defense I am pleased and as long as they limit the other team I'm happy.

Does the east belong to Kentucky this year?
    We will find out in Week 5

You begin to prepare for the florida gators in a game that could largely decide the outcome of the EAST,what will be the focus heading into that game?
    Keeping the rock in Donald's hands, we were forced to throw more than we would have liked last year. Morgan is very reliable but when you have the Nation's top back, GIVE HIM the DAMN BALL...

When will UK land the big time recruit to go along with the blue collar guys they are able to reel in?
    We are trying to land a few of these top 150 prospects this year and might be successful one or two. I expect, after another good year of course, that these guys will start to realize UK is on the map and will come to the Bluegrass State.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Two huge victories kind of let us know what it took to pull these close wins out?

How good has Morgan Newton been this season, is he underrated?

Has Donald Russell had the kind of season you expected?

What will keep the Cats from a National title?

14. KnightNoles

Trying to keep the game as close as we could until we could run out the clock or score the last points to win the game. Vs. Texas we held onto our three point lead with over 4:00 left in the game and we were fortunate because Texas was killin' our secondary and hitting a stride after struggling early. Florida we had a 7 point lead for most of the game and looking back we forced a few 3 and outs and could have taken a more substantial lead, but we didn't and Florida tied the game with 4:08 left. We ended up fortunate enough to line up for a 27 yard GW FG.

I would have to say Morgan needs a little bit more credit then he gets, everyone knows Donald Russell's name but Morg so far has played exceptional. He has a 211.3 rating 69-111 (62%) for 1398 yards (16th) 17 TDs to only 4 INTs. Our backfield is in great hands with Newton and Russell.

I would believe so, not much more you can expect from the #1 rusher in the country. 138 att 853 yards a 6.1 avg speaks for itself, he only has 8 TDs on the year through 6 games which is pretty low and right now probably holding him from being the Heisman frontrunner. I'm sure he will tell you the same thing though, as long as we are winning, he doesn't care who scores.

A scrappy Penn State team or the SEC Championship, hopefully neither.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tough loss to coach Cimmy and the Nittany Lions, what could you have done differently?

Back in the SEC Championship game, last time you fell to LSU, this time you have Alabama. How will you attack the Crimson Tide who are also coming off of a let down?

Make a case for Kentucky to be in the NCG if you win vs Alabama?

Will Donald Russell be available?

How would you sum up your season in Lexington?

16. KnightNoles

Play better team defense.

Stop the rushing attack and try to turn them into 1 dimensional.

Our resume speaks for itself including 3 wins v. top 5 teams

We absolutely hope so.

Another season, another success but it isn't over yet! We are getting closer and closer to breaking through, we are tired of the Capital One Bowl (predicted to go again this year).