Kevin Durant Texting Camp

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

So I brought my little brothers to this Kevin Durant bball camp today. All he's done is sit at a table with his homes texting. It's a two day camp and the camp leader just said that Kevin has to leave early to catch a flight to Jersey.

Seriously? It's a two day camp and he couldn't find two consecutive days where he could at least be here. He's made two 15 second speeches telling the kids how thrilled he is to have them here and he hopes to see them next year too. I just hope my little brothers aren't pissed. The camp has consisted of 5 on 5 halfcourt scrimmaging, and knockout. Kind of a letdown for $200 each.

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I've heard he's a bit of an ass hole but never knew personally. When Fresno State hired their new Bball coach a few months ago (former Texas assistant) the University included a quote from Durant about the coach in the press release and the big jokes were that his agent wrote it for him and that if he were to go to a game it would be one more game than he's seen at Texas since leaving.

3. Full Moon Fever

Well NBA and college seasons overlap so I wouldn't fault him for not going to a UT game; plus he was only there one year anyway. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I went to camps as a kid and the stars were never superinvolved but it was always better than this. The camp is from 1-4:30 for friday and Saturday and he leaves at 3? Bushleague IMO.

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Repeat what you just said to us to someone who can refund your money, imo.

5. Full Moon Fever

Yeah, it wasn't MY money and my lip bros were just starstruck and happy to be in he same gym for a few hours, so they were happy with it. I guess if they're happy with it, it's all good.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Sorry but the title drew me in. That sounds like some BS. Texting? Leaving Early? Where did he have to go? Its not like he has to get ready for a season or something. With kids (rather their parents) paying $200 to see a player they probably look up to, you should expect (and demand) more. Too high and mighty to participate with the campers? Shit, King James dunks on his campers (when they're not dunking on him :)).

7. Full Moon Fever

Kind of ironic, but they said he was catching a flight to New Jersey.