Kick ASS

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by bringbackjimmy, Apr 17, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Kick ASS

Best movie so far this year. Can't wait to see it again...

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Bryan Weidey (Pasta Padre) said it's his favorite movie of all time. I wanna see this.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My expectations were low but now I'm going to have to go see it.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

No way.. Seriously?

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm in Germany so I don't see movie previews(we have Army commercials). What's it about?

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I heard it was a pile of shit

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It's about a teenaged kid who trys to become a superhero. I went in with the thought that it was going to be really stupid or really awesome. I liked it almost asi liked the hangover.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, it'll probably be up online at my site for American entertainment shortly. I don't promote illegal downloading so I won't post the site ;)

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Agreed, this is by far my favorite movie so far this year. Hit Girl is the movie, her actress did an amazing job and the movie had her pulling off some unbelievable feats.

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

This is like the worst reviewed movie in the country this year, there is no way all of them are wrong. To each their own but I cannot imagine this thing being anything more than a heaping pile of dung.

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Worst reviewed? It's getting a 77 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, which means 3 our of 4 people who review it liked the film ...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1217700-kick_ass/

I saw it last night. Very solid movie. Funny at times (especially Hit Girl). Some really awesome action sequences and a couple of nice twists and turns.

One of the top few movies released this year (so far) and probably a solid top 20 for the year as a whole.

But certainly nothing life changing. And Best Movie of all time? Pasta needs to get his nose out of EA's ass enough to watch a few more movies me thinks.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I may have been a bit hasty in going that far with it but many of the top reviewers that I pay attention to have said it is not a good movie that goes way overboard with the violence the kids do. All I am saying is you guys are better than this. Go see a real movie.

13. BlyGilmore

it was a real movie. I had popcorn with it and everything.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It is not gonna win any awards but the movie is a lot of fun to watch. Maybe you should actually watch the movie before you criticize it. I too read reviews but I have gone to see plenty of good films that were panned by critics.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I haven't seen the movie, but I know that generally I take movie reviewers opinions about as seriously as my 2 year old's opinion on world economics. Neither really know what they are talking about.

Most movie's that I enjoy are hated by the critics, but then I still laugh hysterically at the scene in Dodgeball where the kid gets hit in the head by a wrench, so that tells you something about me I guess. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL I don't think he said "best" I think he said his favorite... And it wasn't official it was just something he told me on facebook so it's not like you should hold him to that... :thumbsup:

17. BlyGilmore

either way Helli - dude needs to watch more movies.

And no using the righton for evil. I can only be used for good.

Dru - I hear ya. That's one of the reasons I like RottenTomatoes.com. Usually its a pretty good indication fo whether a movie is good or not since its basically just a count of how many folks liked it compared to how many folks didn't like it (a straight up or down).

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

When do actual funny comedies get good reviews from the snotty movie reviewers. Remember they only like foreign films that nobody watches so people think they know good films. I used to go see the opposite of what S&E said because I knew most likely it was going to be a good movie.