Kicking Arch

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ace847, Sep 14, 2015.

?

Should we make the league sign off on turning this off (third grade honor system)

1. Heck yes!!! It would be more sim and add to the drama!

2. No, I'm a cheesy lobby player who likes to have automatic out of bounds punts within the 5 yard line

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Let's get this rule in the books league... Where do you stand??

2. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I voted No because of way too strong wind in outdoor stadiums AND because of the difficulty of All Madden speed in kicking

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I voted yes because the arch is so stupid and EA is stupid for putting in just like the tackle cone and not being able to sell hot dogs using oakland in CFM.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

We will all have to practice and learn how the timing and aiming works with kicking... And we have to deal with wind either way

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Also, the speed of the kicking meter is the same either way. We will still have the meter...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

By the way, thanks for identifying why you voted no. If anyone else votes no please let us know your reasons and we we can discuss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

No way to police it, there for...... incoming drama.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

But with crazy sideways wind that blows in gusts it just wouldn't be fair.

9. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

If everyone signs off on the mandatory rule and know the expectation, most of us will comply. Just like most of us don't nano bllitz or play unsim.

10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Look at wind, aim the little arrow where you want it to go, then punt... We would all be on the same boat. Guys will get better as they practice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

12. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

But if they aren't compliant, you can record it. There is no way to confirm it with the kicking arch, outside of twitch. And no offense to some people I've played but their internet barely keeps up with just madden. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of playing without the arch, that's the way it SHOULD be but I just don't see a way to make it happen in TMFL .

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I hear ya, but with the amount of guys who do twitch, and the mandatory sign off, I believe that the great majority of us would comply. We could have everyone respond: "I understand, and have turned off the kicking arch and will leave it off for all TMFL games"

That's good enough for me...

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I don't care if there is no way to police it. If people need to break a league rule to gain an advantage so they can win that is sad and they know it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I already have it turned off. I think we should ban it. If we don't ban it I would like who ever I play to at least tell me they are using it.

I really see no sim reason to use it though. It's cheesy

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

So you're fine with the rediculous corner kicks that can easily be place at the one inch to one yard line because of the kicking arc?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i thought everybody wants to play sim? it wasn't about winning and about fair competition with a great group of people? you know, the same old shit people talk about in their application.

• Like Like x 3
  18. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

I play without too, I like bending it like Beckham.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

that warmed my heart :smug::smug::smug:

20. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I voted yes, because in an ideal world this would be a global setting that the commissioner could turn off. But EA failed to implement that, so here we are having the same discussion as last year.

STL is right - there is no way to police it (other than mandatory streaming) so it is an impossible rule to set. It's really a moot point since it is the same as last year.

21. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well then change your vote bro :)

22. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

If we could turn it off for punting and on for FGs...I'd be all for it.

As it stands...I've pinned people in the 5 and been pinned in the 5. Just have to deal with it.

As an example...playing in AFC Final round of Tourney....KOC pinned me at my own 2 and I was down by 4 with just over 3 min left. Had to move the ball to win.

It's a part of Madden (the kicking meter) I think it balances out. If there wasn't ALWAYS insane wind (most of the time at some adjusting angle) and it always went in the same direction....I'd be all for it.

But instead we get the wind, where on a kickoff I can nail the meter dead center and the ball ends up closer to the sidelines than the hash mark.....there is no way to read that in game like the is IRL.

We don't get pregame warmup to practice and see what the wind is doing that day. Like IRL. I believe it balances out.

If it's a rule....I'll follow it....but until then my kicking meter is on.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cheez

And if we have one person using it - others will too. Again, it sucks that this is not a setting that can be turned off by Black Republican , but it's something we have to deal with because there is no way to trust people to turn it off.

24. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

My big issue is first team to receive gets screwed by no kicking arc. Ball kicked to them...march down the field come up short of TD...go for FG....wind blowing hard...what's ball going to do....don't know.....Wide Left....missed points

IF there was a way to practice kicks before starting to familiarize one's self with how the ball is going to move....THEN IT WOULD BE SIM. Because, again, IRL kickers get time before the game and 2nd half. Bit since THAT component is missing, it doesn't make it SIM to turn it off. Just adds stupid increased difficulty.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cheez

The argument here is stupid easy on every kick vs. difficult in some situations. 50 yd FGs with a 10 mph crosswind SHOULD be difficult, but aren't with the kick arc. I know it's crazy to think about, but kickers actually do miss kicks every now and again. Hell, there were a few PATs missed yesterday. But, since there is no way to force the kick arc off - we have to leave it as fair for everyone and allow it to be used.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.