Archived Kickoff Date for Season One?

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 11, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

IrishBearcat
    -Cougars-
    iBleedOrange247
    The Parrothead
    bawvu97
    BakerWildcat7
    Hokie Effect
    BennettForce
    UNo x Broncos
    Will Atkinson
    LSUTRUTH
    Bl0ndeRedHead

I'd like to get your thoughts about when you think we should kickoff. The two things I want to wait for are:

1.) A very good roster set that everyone is happy we are using.

2.) To wait a big to make sure there are no major bugs that would force a restart. Restarts are league killers, and we saw this in full force during the '12 cycle. I'd also like to find out when the next patch is dropping and what modifications to the game it will include. We would then need to decide if it is worth or necessary to wait for the patch.

Anything I'm missing fellas?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Sounds good to me

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Fine with me

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think as soon as the OS rosters are done we start. No other rosters will be as detailed and apparently BennetForce is making any....

If you are waiting for a patch we would probably be waiting a month from now if one isn't already planned as it takes some loops for the patches to get released. So if a major bug isn't known yet who knows when it can be fixed. But hopefully if there is a patch it can be incorporated after an OD start.

5. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Im thinking first patch (if within 2 weeks) so maybe the 16th - 20th..., I can not user swat on defense at all or user pick. I've tried everything to fix it, yet still can't get it to work. I've tried practice mode, dynasty mode, play now, I've tried turning off auto-strafe and auto-turbo. It's been a known bug everywhere, and alot of people are experiencing this on the 360. This really hurts defense and can lead to some real high scoring battles. Just my thought.

6. Hokie Effect

Has it been formally announced by EA that its a known issue and to expect a patch shortly? Or can a game tuner fix this?

I agree I wouldn't want to start with a broken game either.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't know how you aren't able to do it still IBO. I am having no problems with it.

8. IrishBearcat

Did you try an online game? I saw a few problems with playing the CPU but the user v user stuff seems to work fine.

I'd like to start as soon as possible as well... but if things like swatting, picking, quick-sand glitch, etc. etc. are going to pop up into OD mode we may consider waiting.

We'll have to wait and see. Nobody has started testing OD extensively to my knowledge so who knows what will happen. I may start an OD for fun that advances every 24 hours just to test shit out. I'm going to make a thread, if you're interested post there.

9. HoundsOfHowl

I played my online tourney game vs Danthraxxx and we both couldnt do it

10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I have not had any issue with any thing. However there are a few things that could be fixed

11. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I have user picked a couple and i am not very coordinated. I think it is just a timing thing or just not getting credit for it.

I am back in town on Saturday so i am not in any hurry

12. HoundsOfHowl

Ok figured out my defense issue, it was my fault for not holding down the buttons or something...idk beats me, last year I could tap the button and it'd work, this year I have to hold down the button. But hey it works now and I'm 2-1 in the round robin, only losing to bawvu97

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hokie Effect

Yeah I am not noticing the issue on user control D and I would assume EA would be proactive in admitting that their was a known bug, but would be immediately addressed via patch ect. Maybe its just the learning curve for '13. Either way amped and ready to start!!

And I am also 2-1 in the tourney and should be advancing to the knockout round. LV represent!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

We may want to look at the squib kick it seemed to work way to well for me in an online game I used it twice once his guy dove on the ball at the 5 and another time it bounced off his guy for a safety I don't know if it was computer AI or his terrible user skills

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Just his user skills

16. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Thought it should be noted about users with Mics. I believe everyone should have a mic. Builds the LG as well as increases the shit talk LOL or makes us more civil . I for one love to talk with the people in the LGs Im in

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I tend to shout profanities often, so be prepared.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HoundsOfHowl

After Shaun Mason losing to Danthraxxx that advances 2 more LV members, me and bawvu97

• Like Like x 3
  19. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

I'm all for talking before the game, and at halftime, and during pauses if something comes up and at the end of the game, other than that I tend to like to focus on the game while I'm playing it, but maybe thats just me.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm the same way I hardly never really talk into the mic lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I would say once we get the rosters we should be good to go.. No rush for me though, I have just been going through an offline dynasty to get the feel for recruiting..

22. HoundsOfHowl

Eh, I'm kinda the same way, but theres sometimes I'll talk the whole game and it helps me stay focused.

23. IrishBearcat

I haven't used mics really in the past but I'd be open to the possibility.

As others have mentioned above I get pretty focused as well. Maybe just message your opponent and agree on mic/no mic pre-game. Don't worry, we'll get plenty of time to talk to each other during skype off-seasons. :cool:

24. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Another idea don't even know if it is a possibility but a podcast would be cool for our league, unfortunately I think that is above my pay grade, all though I did stream our draft days live via video like in 2006-2008 Hokie I don't know if you were around for that or not :)

25. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

Yeah I believe it would be good for everyone to have a mic. Update should be about 2 weeks away and they need to fix some important things. For example user catching.