Kiffin to USC?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Colemanchu, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

What a bitch. Good riddance SEC.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I wonder what happens with Monte now. We could use him back in Tampa.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Just saw that Monte is going to USC as well.

Wow...

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Reports are that Monte is headed West

6. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

People knock tressel because he is conservative and they have sruggled in BCS. But, he would never do something like leaving a school after a year. I would take tressel over any coach in cfb right now..except maybe urban meyer.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Kiffin will bring his father and defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron to Southern Cal with him, and wide receivers coach Kippy Brown will be named interim head coach at Tennessee.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

play on playa.

...and I respect Tressel very much. Think about where Ohio State was before he got there. They were being dominated by Michigan. Tressel changed that.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well, good news for the Noles potentially. I believe they had two commitments that were Noles than went to the Vols, hopefully they open up to FSU again

10. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Well if USC wasn't headed for probation before just give Lane one or two seasons and he'll get them there for sure.

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Nick Saban. Every day.

Also Kiffin is a little punk bitch. Plain and simple. He better get out of Tennessee fast. Those fans had really started to embrace his brash, immature ways and now he's gone. But the real moron hear is the USC AD. Kiffin?!?! That's the best you could do?!?! Idiot. Kill yourself.

USC had officially become irrelevant.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lol wowwww

13. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

The Tennessee students were RIOTING outside the press conference. They are out for blood. This is hilarious. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.

14. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Oh wow cant beleive i completely forgot about saban haha.. You would think he would stand out a little bit..Yeah Saban is def the best coach in college football, just think if he was at florida or USC!

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That was a short run at Tennessee, but I guess it makes sense for USC. They get a California guy and Lane's recruiting tactics (bending the rules) were learned at that school.

Like other people said, glad Ohio State got a guy with some integrity at coach. They didn't go after a big name, they actually went for quality. With all the coaching turmoil this off season it really makes it amazing to consider how long Bowden and Paterno coached at their respective schools.

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Ben Buckeye, how in the hell did Tressel get into this discussion about Lane Kiffen going to USC?

Monte is like 80 years old so don't think he has much to offer long term to anybody and good point about Lane being able to assure USC of probation in a few years.

17. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I was just saying tressel would never pull anything like leaving a school after one year. And I would rather have a coach like Tressel, Paterno, or Bowden. Who would show some loyalty and comitment.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What are fools complaining about? It's a job.

19. Juggernautblitz

I'm just bustin your balls OSU fan.

Gotta be Saban and Meyer the clear #1 and 2 right now. Hopefully Brian Kelly proves he belongs in that next tier of coaches in the next couple years.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Kiffin did Tennessee a favor by leaving. Now Tennessee can get back to being a good solid program that isn't constantly in the news for recruiting violations. I'd imagine that any recruit interested in Tennessee would be a more solid commit now that Lame Kitten's is gone.

It's too bad though, I was looking forward to Urban Meyer sending Lame to his early retirement as a head football coach.

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Only in college football can you fail your way to the top. What a desperate move by USC of all schools. This one is going to bite them in the ass.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I hope they go back to being the USC of old, where nobody fears them, just a sleeping, sedated giant.

23. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

They are complaining because he completely fucked UT over. Personally, I don't blame him because 1) I hate UT with a passion 2) USC is easily one of the top 3 coaching jobs in the country. But the timing of it is going to absolutely decimate UT's current recruiting class and ripples will be felt throughout the program for years to come.

As far as USC making a bad hire, I could not disagree more. Kiffin is a West Coast guy with huge inroads on the recruiting front in that region. Being able to say he coached up Reggie Bush, Leinart, amongst others, will still ring huge across the country. Not to mention UT was becoming dominate in defensive recruiting because of Monte's legendary status.

He's actually not a bad X's and 0's guy. He took the same UT team that Fulmer had and made them competitive in almost every game. They were a blocked 30 odd yard FG kick from beating Bama. They hung in the entire game with Florida. The previous season they were blown out in every big game and lost on homecoming to Wyoming. It's a great hire for USC. He definitely screwed UT though--basically he left them at the alter holding their cacks. Amazing story.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It sounds like Kiffin should not show his face in Tennessee any time soon. It also sounds like he was lucky escape the state lines with his life. I can certainly see why people are angry. The school is left without a coach at a crucial time of the season and his coaches were trying to steal Tennessee's recruits for USC. Many recruits have either decommitted or drop Tennessee from their list of schools.

25. Juggernautblitz

I agree with Blaza on this one. I think Kiffin is a good hire by USC. Not as good of a hire as Jeff Fisher would have been or maybe Mike Riley or Jack Del Rio but he is a good hire for the reasons Blaza mentioned. He sure did screw Tennessee though.