King with 600+ yards total, sets NCAA recieving record

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Boraby, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

LONG LIVE THE KING
    Oklahoma 45 • Baylor 26
    [​IMG]
    Throw him the ball, and he will make things happen. Early King, true freshman, has 67 yards on 12 rushes, 460 yards on 12 catches, and over 100 yards on returns. 5 Touchdowns. Sets NCAA record for single game receiving yards.
    This rare accomplishment happened with his rare ability as a freshman to have 95+ elusiveness, acceleration, speed and agility, as well as his ability to play running back while at the same time being able to run routes and catch the ball, giving him plenty of opportunities to shine. He is a unique player and a true definition of an athlete which is what he was recruited as.
    It's unfortunate that I even have to include this, however: this was not done in a "cheesy" way. I literally throw him the ball and he runs like a maniac. I know people will accuse me of it, sadly, so I put this just in case. He plays multiple positions, thus gets more touches. I ran at least 15+ different plays for him, it doesn't matter what the play is. Since this game, I have spread the ball more, and his performances are still spectacular.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I understand that you don't think this was cheesy, but he averaged more than 40 yards per catch. Even if you get rid of the outlier 100-yard reception, it's still more than 30 yards a catch. That shouldn't happen when you have that many catches. Your quartergbacks also averaged more than 30 yards per completion. It begs the question of what routes are you running, did you find a money play, and are you using that consistently.

Furthermore, King had 24 touches in this game. The next closest (non QB) was David Smith, with 3. You wide receivers only caught two balls in this game. It looks as if your entire gameplan revolved around getting King the ball, and in turn, outrageous stats.

There is nothing wrong with putting the ball in your playmaker's hands, it should be what you try to do every game. But you're Oklahoma, you have more than one playmaker. You need to do a better job of spreading the wealth, and worry less about King's stats.

This message is not solely directed at you. I'm seeing far too many games where people are clearly trying to PAD THE STATS OF A HEISMAN CONTENDER. This is not the way the game should be played.

If I continue to see this happen, I will have to take action. This will include suspending players for games. If you feel that someone is purposefully padding someone's stats are abusing a single player, let me know. You've all been warned.

3. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

I wasn't worried about King's stats. I was worried about winning the game. Baylor is a decent team and the score was close at times. If I run a short route with King and he happens to run through people with his 95+ elusiveness and acceleration, how can I not give him the ball? I run a wide variety of plays.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If your running different routes with King and he does that then its one thing, but how many unique plays are your actually running? And sure, give him the ball, but I don't care what team your playing, he shouldn't get 24/29 touches.

5. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

The purpose of this post is merely for conversational purposes. I mean no harm or trouble. Like you said, this might happen more than we might think:

• Trent Horne, Georgia: 36 Yards Per Catch Ben
    • Sammy Coates, Auburn: 34 Yards Per Catch Jon Jon Anderson
    • Early King, Oklahoma: 29 Yards Per Catch
    • Ray Hall, Ohio State: 19 Yards Per Catch Spayer419
    • Jeff Greene, Georgia Tech: 27 Yards Per Catch Rekkapryde
    • Quinton Dunbar, Florida: 26 Yards Per Catch Fred Limbo
    In real life:

[​IMG]

Looks like we're all "guilty" to some degree. Perhaps these big plays are more realistic than we think. There is a difference between 20+ and 30+ though. We are playing a video game, however. Thoughts?

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

My 19 per reception wouldn't even be on that list :p

The point your missing though is the sample size. Those figures are through four games and no one has more than 26 receptions. The less receptions you have, the more big plays are going to skew your stats upward. Averaging 30+ yards per reception is a bit outrageous for an entire season, and it begs the question of if people are banking on a certain money route or just going deep all game.

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Ok, I know I'm the new guy here but I'd like to add my opinion.

If one player was getting that many touches and that many HUGE plays in real life, the defense would key on him the rest of the game. Unfortunately the AI is not smart enough to do that effectively.

For me, being Sim means spreading the ball around even if the CPU can't shut down my best player.

There are times when someone is going to be on fire but there is a limit.

It might make sense to adjust the autosub so that your skill players rotate out of the game more often. Then, when they are in they are even better, but you also have a few touches here and there for the backups.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Also, I like to use the package subs to move the WRs around in my top formations and get different guys the ball. I like keeping everyone happy. That could help prevent some tranfers for PT in the future too.

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Agreed. I don't like messing with the autosub sliders because those can glitch and your players will disappear for a game. But it is important to spread the wealth, just because you have a player that will torch the defense on every play, doesn't mean you have to call his number every play

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ben

Ben Walk On

Horne has a lot of yards per catch but he gets the ball thrown his way a lot too. He probably averages 8 receptions a game which is pretty good for a WR in a video game. He is very fast and versatile. There has been PLENTY of times when I have thrown it to him on a 5-10 yard inside post and he takes it 60+ yards to the house. He is just that dangerous.

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I use one of my receivers who has 97 spd 96 accel and 6'5" but his catch rating is in the low 60s so I don't throw to him often maybe 3 times a game. He will generally drop the ball as he did against Spayer419 it would have been a score. But I won't abuse it because I the CPU only effectively cover it while in a cover 3 zone.

12. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

I think we can all agree that we have certain players that are easy to abuse. Like you said Ben, you throw it short and he runs deep. Spreading the wealth is good. I'm glad that we just kept this to a conversation and no one took anything personal. I'm sure if it was a bigger problem, it would be dealt with accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

When are you guys going to play your bowl games? Who's playing for the BCS Championship?

14. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I'm new here too. But I think over 600 yrds in one game is kind of out of this world. Like someone said the team would key on him and take that threat away in a real game. But again players do catch on fire. I had one game with one of my miami WR, he was catching everything near him, he had 15 recs for 379 yds and 5 td's, on all kinds of routes. but I had to stop throwing to him because it just wasn't fair to the other team. My next wr out only had 4 catches, so I was told to spead the ball around more, and it makes since.

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

We are in conference champ week right now, got two user games that need to be played. Should be completed by Monday.

I'll be in the NC. If Florida beats Auburn he'll play me, if not, who knows

16. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Thats sweet!! Who won it last year for the league?

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Virginia Tech beat Florida in year 1, Va Tech left the league shortly there after

Texas beat Ohio State in year 2, beat me on a last second field goal

• Like Like x 1