Kings offer to Bobcats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sactown_13, Mar 1, 2012.

1. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

JJ Hickson- 74 rating, 23 yr old, B potential, 1 yr. 2.36 mil
    2012 2nd round pick

for

T. Thomas- 73 rating, 25 yr old, B potential, 4 yr 33.39 mil
    R. Williams-64 rating,25 yr old, B- potential, 2 yr 5.00 mil

Cavs4LIFE JerzeyReign

Hickson will resign if the Bobcats take this route, if not, the Bobcats are left with tons of cap space they didnt have to begin with.

2. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

If you take away the 2nd round pick and include a young SF, Im ok with the deal. Bobcats dont have a lot of depth at the 2/3 positions.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree -- give 'em a player

4. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

how about outlaw

5. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

I was thinking Greene or Honeycutt, both young with potential.

6. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

not sure which screen ur lookin at. i can add either one but honeycutt has a D+ where Greene has a C.

7. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

alright, final deal.

JJ Hickson- 74 rating, 23 yr old, B potential, 1 yr. 2.36 mil
    T. Honeycutt- 65 rating, 21 yr old, D+ potential, 1 yr 490K

for

T. Thomas- 73 rating, 25 yr old, B potential, 4 yr 33.39 mil
    R. Williams-64 rating,25 yr old, B- potential, 2 yr 5.00 mil

8. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Looked at Bobcats roster, do they really need another PF? I know your trading for Thomas, but they have young bigs in White and Biyombo, as well as Mullins at C? I know the deal cuts salary but Thomas is still young enough to be considered a important player for them. JJ is good, but Thomas does everything better than JJ.
    Bobcats will have around $20 million in cap in the offseason, I dont really see the point in trading Thomas for Hickson when they will most likely resign JJ, which wouldnt make it a cap saving move. JJ is also only two years younger than Thomas, so age wouldnt be a factor either. I wouldn't see the Bobcats making this type of deal unless they got an upgrade at a position of need, they really dont in this deal.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  9. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

5 mil in cap will be saved as they are not going to be paying JJ the amount Thomas makes. (JJ is willing to resign and im looking at his deal right now.) Not to mention taking 4 mil away for Williams. Why wouldnt they want extra cap space to go after some of the big free-agents coming in the offseason? while it is only 2 years, JJ is younger and that will matter with the potential as he has 4 years before he maxes out while thomas has 2. Also,Thomas is a player on their block, they are trying to trade him. those bigs you mentioned are young, but lets not call them good with White being 25, 61 rating and a D potential. The other two being rated 56 with C potentials. if you want me to pull the trade and rework it, i can.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  10. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

I saw as well. My only problem is its not a immediate upgrade at the 4 position for the Bobcats. I know he is on the block, doesn't mean they will trade with the first team they talk too. JJ can be better than Thomas, but its not a guarantee. If it can be a straight up swap, JJ for Thomas, Id approve.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LOL -- negotiations are tough, huh?

12. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

It really has been. Have to continue to make sure the deal makes sense and stays fair.