Kneeling in End Zone After INT?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by macc24usc, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I've yet to discover how to take a knee in your own endzone when receiving a kick/punt or intercepting the balll.... most importantly the later. I fumbled after an interception in an offline game today and I had no intention to return I just took the tackle because it would give me the touchback.... Sure enough CPU went for the aggressive tackle and stripped the ball out.

I've seen people take a knee before so please don't just say "run into the back ot eh endzone or side of the endzone" I want to know how to actually take the knee in punt / kick return and interceptions in your own endzone. Thanks in adv.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I always thought they would do it automatically if you just didn't press anything. I wonder if you could hold (RB/R1) to cover up until the animation kicks in.

• Like Like x 2
  3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'll try it and reply thanks

4. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

My only gripe bwith that is it doesn't solve my original issue. I didnt do anything - I got tackled right away and fumbled. I know it has to be a button because I've seen people do it on interceptions before immediately.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I hear what you are saying. IMO, the x-button with a defensive player should trigger the 'fall down' animation to avoid fumbling.

6. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Maybe it is X I would assume that's too easy of a button to press by mistake though. I dunno. I had a user pick in the endzone in a Ranked game last night that I contemplated just running out of bounds with in my endzone, however I needed a change of momen tum and it was my #1 CB so I ran it out and sure enough got the pick six after an extremely exciting return where I had to break and avoid tackles but vs CPU with them ALWAYS having aggresive hit up a corner's a liability carrying the ball even if its a WR attempting to tackle you. I'll reply once I figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    To my knowledge if you press nothing the player will kneel.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

a button is not going to solve the issue you had. it seems your issue is that you picked a guy off and the cpu hit you right away. there will be no button that will automatically stop that animation. Drifter is right to kneel you have to touch nothing and be in a situation a player can take a knee.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

To answer the question slightly more thoroughly.... It takes a quick moment of not being hit to make this happen.

The sequence is:

INT (assuming CPU made the INT)
    Take control of him with the left stick (move him slightly in any direction)
    let go of the stick

If you just "don't touch anything" after a user pick the cpu will run him out of the end zone. If you do this right, it looks very quick and natural.

• Like Like x 3
  10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Thank you very much sir!!!

11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Click down on the left stick.

• Like Like x 1