Knight's 2015 HK Blog: A Look Around the League

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by KnightNoles, Feb 21, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

POWER RANKINGS
    [​IMG]
    Much overdue, user only and lets get right into them:​
    *Just going on what I see and know much about*​
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure this one is a no brainer right now
    1) defending champion
    2) last undefeated
    3) explosive offense
    4) very good defense

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to give the nod to Carolina in the #2 hole as the Killa Cam and AP duo is crushin' the competition. Dario Dickerson isn't no slouch either recording 33 tackles, 4 FF and 5 INTs.
    Jets pick up of Matthew Stafford has really strengthened the Jets while trying to find that chemistry with Sidney Rice and Dustin Keller.

[​IMG]
    The resurgent Pats all the way up to #4. After being disgruntled with big named Matt Ryan at QB, the front office went and signed Jaxon Boone and he has given a spark to NE and company.

[​IMG]
    DA Bears come in at 5 with the loss this past week to the Patriots and losing a tightly contested game against the #1 team in the Rams. The injury bug has severely plagued Chicago this year, will they get healthy and get the breaks they need?

[​IMG]
    Browns regain form with a win against the out of nowhere Colts, Jason McGrath (Who?!) has a nice weapon in the backfield thanks to the front office in making a deal for Darren McFadden.

[​IMG]
    Comeback Colts, resurgence in Indy? XFN services has the Colts at #4 but should we jump on the wagon now? Halfway they are a half game back of the Texans with identical records but losing the only matchup this year (sim)

[​IMG]
    I guess my team shall go here... Record wise, offensive wise, coach eh.. They have the pieces to get it done but will the defense start to come into form. 5-2 leading the AFC South but two of those being simmed wins and one other notable win against the Cowboys besides that lesser competition in the cpu.

[​IMG]
    I'm going to slide in the Chargers ahead of New Orleans and the Falcons, Coach Truth seems to have found whatever "it" is and churned out 4 straight wins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even though the Saints are on a 4 game streak they will go behind the Falcons because BK has taken a leave of absence?

[​IMG]
    A hot team that will move above the slumping Broncos and the on/off Titans. Aaron Rodgers is starting to hit his stride as James Starks low avg output = workhorse while Dexter McCluster gets the change of pace carries.

[​IMG]
    AFC Juggernaut or shall we say Titan, is struggling so far this year but they have shown glimpses of what their power is like. They have a chance to knock of the Texans twice in three weeks and reclaim the South's lead with another game against the Colts later in the year. This is a look out team!

[​IMG]
    This Giant team is in the top 5 I believe but the record doesn't show it. They are in somewhat of a weak conference, I guess you could say, leading it at 4-4. They have a very stout defense and a backfield that can carry the load a combination for success in the playoffs, now they have to get Boals to step up.

[​IMG]
    Stopped the bleeding last week even though the CPU bailed them out. Rookie Brenden Evans started off hot, but as the league has received word on his skills he has hit that wall. Can he bust through that wall and lead the Broncos into the playoff and win ROY? Time will tell.

[​IMG]
    Don't know too much about the Black Hole but they seem to play to their competition, losing their first 3 games before winning four straight games before dropping last weeks to division rival San Diego putting them at 4-4.

[​IMG]
    Look out! After starting 0-4, the Black Birds have won 3 straight but that still doesn't get them anywhere besides beating 2 divisional foes and knocking the Jags out! They are still chasing the Browns in what should be the deciding factor for the North as the Ravens should stay hot.

[​IMG]
    What looked to be another Cinderella story out in Arizona, as the Cards got off to a hot start behind million dollar man Patrick Peterson and newly acquired Peyton Manning. After starting 3-1 they have dropped their last 3 putting them at 3-4 and searching for answers.

[​IMG]
    Lost in Translation? Coach Frisk has seen the days of M12 probably end as he "isn't into it" anymore after his latest visit to EA...

[​IMG]
    Can Cade get this ship turned around? I believe he has the talent to do so and being that the Giants lead the division at 4-4 while they sit at 2-5 but losing 4 straight, is all possible. Mallett has to get hot and quick!

[​IMG]
    A team that has some potential and needs to catch fire quick because the Packers and Bears are also starting to heat up. Marquiste Culliver (Spanish Conquistador? lol) can never go wrong when you have the Bot to throw to in Megatron and then Matt Forte to give the rock to. Be on the look out for this team if they can play to their potential.
    [​IMG]
    A downward spiral for Coach CA, after getting rid of THE Franchise player, he has totally lost faith and trust in CP from some of the comments I have read, losing 5 straight and the Pack getting hot along with the Bears playing well doesn't look like it will end good for the Vikes.

[​IMG]
    Whatcha talkin bout Willis? Patrick went down and the 9ers are learning on the fly, Coach Reb is probably a year and a half before making a good run, but then again the NFC West is weak besides having the powerful Rams...

[​IMG]
    Big Ben, has destroyed his team throwing 2 TDs compared to his 17 INTs. Steel city needs to find a running game to take the pressure off the QB and then make "safer" throws, if any throw is a safe throw with a QB in Pitt.

[​IMG]
    The poor Chiefs and Coach Sporty, they look well on their way to the #1 overall pick as they are winless on the season. I would suspect them to take a QB but any help they can get, I am sure it will be in KC. Edit: that #1 looks to be on its way to the big city, New York as RFA compensation. (The poor get poorer)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    great job man. those are sweet pics, where did you get them?

3. KnightNoles

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

The sad thing is knight that , Sporty's pick goes to the GEEEEEEEEEEEE MEN due to RFA compensation.

5. KnightNoles

Ouchhhhh

6. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i cant pick until round 3 , looks like going have get ufa guys like round 1 and round 2 like to make up for it. gave huff a 2nd round tender in rfa , i know for next offseason , only get 1 for sure if i want one and resign my own rfa more also.

7. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Very good read, but 9th might be a bit high for the Chargers imo.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Colts are way to high

9. KnightNoles

don't prove me wrong ;)

10. KnightNoles

LOL

not as the tale stands today...

so Deal with it!!!!

11. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Thanks for writing about my poor qb skills :)

12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    great stuff Noles..

man...2nd...I dont want everyone gunning for me

13. KnightNoles

BobJr

Hopefully more to come ;)

14. KnightNoles

Play off race breakdown coming tonight

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hospital_heff

Hospital_heff Walk On

Now that's what i call entertainment! Bravo bravo & the academy award goes to...........?......To be continued.

16. KnightNoles

17. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

A WEEK 14 Look Into The Playoffs
    *No Account of Played Games*
    [​IMG]
    AFC EAST
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    The East and North have the most separation between teams. The Jets seem to be gaining more ground as division foe, New England, is on a 4 game slide putting their record at 6-6. This looks all but the Jets locking up the East and gunning for the first round bye. The Jets aren't out of the woods just yet though, they have the Broncos (share AFC West), Patriots, Packers and finish with the Patriots. Look OUT!
    AFC NORTH
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    Cleveland is sitting ahead of Baltimore, a team that has started off slow before and made the playoffs but I believe it is too little too late this year. The Dawgs will have this division wrapped up shortly gunning with the Jets for that first round bye. The Browns schedule is a little rough to end the year, travel to rival Pittsburgh (throw everything out the window), a Falcon team that has a share of the NFC South, Bengals (will Frisk be on the sidelines) and then finish with the Texans.
    AFC SOUTH
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    The Texans find themselves at the top of the South, not by even splitting the divisional games with the rival Titans. They have been a pretty hot team in the recent weeks taking care of their opponents while the Colts and Titans have been in some battles. Texans have a favorable matchup against the Chargers this week then get a Jaguar team, subpar but very good coach in Baltimore and then the Browns. The last two will determine whether or not they get a first round bye or not.
    AFC WEST
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    8-4
    The Broncos and Raiders are battling for that garanteed playoff spot, Denver if they drop the game against NYJ (as mentioned above), they still have Cardinals, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Jaguars that they can take care of to win the division. Oakland has about the same strength of schedule finishing out the year, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and Dolphins. They both could sit tied again next week at 8-5 if they both lose in Week 14 and have 3 to play. This is going to be a wild ride!
    [​IMG]
    AFC SOUTH
    We have the 9-3 Texans and then the 8-4 Titans and Colts. Is this conference that strong or not? Depending if New England decides to step up and win, the South will send three to the post season.
    Denver/Oakland
    Tightest race in the division one of these teams is winning the West while the other
    [​IMG]
    NFC EAST
    [​IMG]
    7-5
    This might be the worst record wise division, but I know the Giants are better then 7-5. They have the ground game to go with a little air assault, just don't depend on Boals to throw it more then 17-20 times to get it done. They can help the look of the AFC facing the Titans this week and then it is Eagles, Cowboys, Rams. If the Rams come in 15-0, count on the Giants!
    NFC NORTH
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    8-4
    Another tight division, this time between HATED rivals! The Packers have a somewhat manageable schedule, they get a huge matchup against the Saints this week and then the Dolphins, Jets and Bucs all three on the road. The Bears will also face the Saints in Week 15 but get the Dolphins this week and then the Falcons and Lions to finish out the year. This one is tough to call but with the injuries to the Bears and the Packers playing well in spurts, I'll put the Pack as the North winners.
    NFC SOUTH
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    9-3, 9-3, 8-4
    MAN! These three teams will battle it out to the last week, Falcons and Saints are on a respectable 3 and 4 game win streaks while the Panthers limp out of their last 2. Falcons will face: Panthers, Browns, Bears and the Saints. While the Saints finish with: Packers, Bears, Panthers and Falcons. The Panthers are also in the hunt, an NFC favorite at one point has stumbled the last two weeks with consecutive losses. The square off with the Falcons, then finish with Lions, Saints and Steelers. As the Saints-Falcons battle for the last playoff spot, the Panthers might be walking away with the division!
    NFC WEST
    [​IMG]
    12-0
    This one is the easiest to call.... The Rams sit pretty at 12-0 and will stroll into the #1 seed and homefield advantage. That damn egyptian connection.....
    [​IMG]
    Surprise team: Arizona Cardinals-- they have a sizable schedule: 9ers, Broncos, 9ers, Vikings. Can they win 3 outta 4?
    Sure Bets: 2nd Place in the North and South. ATL/NO/CAR and GB/CHI

• Like Like x 6
  18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Fuck the world!

I need a QUARTABACK!

19. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Love the playoff preview. Chargers arnt completely out of it. Our week 16 showdown with the Raiders could be a telling sign. Getting a beatdown from the Texans definitely hurts our chances but if we win out we still have a shot!

20. KnightNoles

Have a point NeuroticTruth ! Good luck my man, I'll be rootin for ya

9ers
    Raiders
    Chiefs

gotta win out or you could be the Chiefs way out of a defeated season ;)

21. KnightNoles

2015 Look Back at the Playoff

(A WEEK 14 Look Into The Playoffs)
    AFC EAST
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    The East and North have the most separation between teams. The Jets seem to be gaining more ground as division foe, New England, is on a 4 game slide putting their record at 6-6. This looks all but the Jets locking up the East and gunning for the first round bye. The Jets aren't out of the woods just yet though, they have the Broncos (share AFC West), Patriots, Packers and finish with the Patriots. Look OUT! Had the best record in the AFC and took home the #1 seed, lost in AFC Championship.
    AFC NORTH
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    Cleveland is sitting ahead of Baltimore, a team that has started off slow before and made the playoffs but I believe it is too little too late this year. The Dawgs will have this division wrapped up shortly gunning with the Jets for that first round bye. The Browns schedule is a little rough to end the year, travel to rival Pittsburgh (throw everything out the window), a Falcon team that has a share of the NFC South, Bengals (will Frisk be on the sidelines) and then finish with the Texans. #3 seed, lost in the divisional round
    AFC SOUTH
    [​IMG]
    9-3
    The Texans find themselves at the top of the South, not by even splitting the divisional games with the rival Titans. They have been a pretty hot team in the recent weeks taking care of their opponents while the Colts and Titans have been in some battles. Texans have a favorable matchup against the Chargers this week then get a Jaguar team, subpar but very good coach in Baltimore and then the Browns. The last two will determine whether or not they get a first round bye or not. Texans finished as the #5 team, while the Titans took home the South crown again along with the #2 seed bye. Houston exacted revenge in the Divisional round going on to win the Super Bowl.
    AFC WEST
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    8-4
    The Broncos and Raiders are battling for that garanteed playoff spot, Denver if they drop the game against NYJ (as mentioned above), they still have Cardinals, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Jaguars that they can take care of to win the division. Oakland has about the same strength of schedule finishing out the year, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and Dolphins. They both could sit tied again next week at 8-5 if they both lose in Week 14 and have 3 to play. This is going to be a wild ride! What a tight race, the Broncos came out of the West while the Raiders faltered and missed the post season. Denver lost to the eventual Champion Texans in the WildCard round.
    WILDCARD
    AFC SOUTH
    We have the 9-3 Texans and then the 8-4 Titans and Colts. Is this conference that strong or not? Depending if New England decides to step up and win, the South will send three to the post season.
    Denver/Oakland
    Tightest race in the division one of these teams is winning the West while the other
    This all belonged to the AFC South, the Colts and the Texans had the better records. The Colts would suffer defeat to the Browns in the WildCard round.
    NFC EAST
    [​IMG]
    7-5
    This might be the worst record wise division, but I know the Giants are better then 7-5. They have the ground game to go with a little air assault, just don't depend on Boals to throw it more then 17-20 times to get it done. They can help the look of the AFC facing the Titans this week and then it is Eagles, Cowboys, Rams. If the Rams come in 15-0, count on the Giants! The Gmen ended up winning the East, beating the Bears in the WildCard before bowing out against the Rams in the Divisional.
    NFC NORTH
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    8-4
    Another tight division, this time between HATED rivals! The Packers have a somewhat manageable schedule, they get a huge matchup against the Saints this week and then the Dolphins, Jets and Bucs all three on the road. The Bears will also face the Saints in Week 15 but get the Dolphins this week and then the Falcons and Lions to finish out the year. This one is tough to call but with the injuries to the Bears and the Packers playing well in spurts, I'll put the Pack as the North winners. Green Bay ended up winning the North and the Bears got into the playoffs by the way of the NFC South, most notably the Saints messing up their run to the playoffs.
    NFC SOUTH
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    9-3, 9-3, 8-4
    MAN! These three teams will battle it out to the last week, Falcons and Saints are on a respectable 3 and 4 game win streaks while the Panthers limp out of their last 2. Falcons will face: Panthers, Browns, Bears and the Saints. While the Saints finish with: Packers, Bears, Panthers and Falcons. The Panthers are also in the hunt, an NFC favorite at one point has stumbled the last two weeks with consecutive losses. The square off with the Falcons, then finish with Lions, Saints and Steelers. As the Saints-Falcons battle for the last playoff spot, the Panthers might be walking away with the division! The Falcons and Saints played themselves out of the postseason with bad a loss and taking each other out. The Panthers go the #2 seed and got into the NFC Championship before they succumbed to the Rams.
    NFC WEST
    [​IMG]
    12-0
    This one is the easiest to call.... The Rams sit pretty at 12-0 and will stroll into the #1 seed and homefield advantage. That damn egyptian connection..... #1 Seed, NFC Champions, a la Patriots couldn't finish the undefeated season against the Texans.
    WILDCARD
    Surprise team: Arizona Cardinals-- they have a sizable schedule: 9ers, Broncos, 9ers, Vikings. Can they win 3 outta 4?
    Sure Bets: 2nd Place in the North and South. ATL/NO/CAR and GB/CHI
    The surprise team forced themselves into the playoffs while Chicago found themselves playing in the postseason after so many injuries. Anything can happen once you get to the playoffs, the Pack attack knocked off the Cards in the WildCard along with the Bears taking an L against the Giants in the same round.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  22. KnightNoles

And Three Remain
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 174 PA: 105 SOS: .469
    This isn't a surprise as Coach Bob has dominated majority of his games the last two years. Besides stumbling in the 2015 NFC Championship he has Cam Newton performing at an all time high alongside Adrian Peterson. Unfortunately Peterson went down this year and he had to claim Frank Gore and he has been an exceptional plug and play. The defense is led by AJ Dansby, a player that was involved in the Jon Beason deal and in the secondary Dario Dickerson which received a huge contract in this past offseason. A big test comes this week against the Titans and then the next game they could take a fall would be in Week 9 against the Packers, if they get passed those tests look for a Week 15 showdown with the Texans.
    Cam Newton 105/144 1600 Yards 72.9% 15 TDs 6 INTs 126.5 Rating
    Cam Newton 27 Att 438 Yards 3 TDs
    Frank Gore 51 Att 324 Yards 2 TDs
    Adrian Peterson 28 Att 182 Yards
    Greg Olsen 25 Rec 431 Yards 3 TDs
    Ramses Barden 24 Rec 333 Yards 4 TDs
    A.J. Dansby 21 Tackles Sac
    Terrell Suggs 17 Tackles Sack
    Dario Dickerson 11 Tackles 2 INTs
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 149 PA: 66 SOS: .461
    The defending Super Bowl Champions continue their momentum through the 2015 playoffs into the 2016 season. It also helps playing 3/5 CPU teams... Noneless the Texans bolster a high powered offense behind Dozier's arm and the WRs of Andre Johnson, Jonathan Baldwin and Ja'Mario Gardner. Don't sleep on the rushing attack as they have a healthy Ben Tate and a season Cameron Weatherford along with a servicable rookie in Jejwaune Spencer. The defense is led by Jon Beason and Safety Kenbrell Cooper on the outside second year CB Tyjuan Grant plays good coverage. Colts and Texans play in Week 7 and neither coach has played one another so the Texans will be on upset alert, then look at Week 10 @ Chargers and Week 12 @ Patriots.. Some how manage that Weeks 13-16 are rough; Jets, Titans, Panthers and Bills.
    Dyjuan Dozier 60/102 1403 Yards 58.8% 11 TDs 9 INTs 102.4 Rating
    Ben Tate 79 Att 455 Yards 3 TDs
    Jejwaune Spencer 21 Att 141 Yards TD
    Cameron Weatherford 15 Att 102 Yards 2 TDs
    Andre Johnson 22 Rec 581 Yards 6 TDs
    Ja'Mario Gardner 13 Rec 325 Yards 2 TDs
    Jonathan Baldwin 15 Rec 319 Yards 2 TDs
    Jon Beason 23 Tackles 3.0 Sacks 2 FF
    Kenbrell Cooper 23 Tackles Sack 2 FF INT
    Brooks Reed 16 Tackles
    Tyjuan Grant 9 Tackles 4 INTs
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 157 PA: 51 4-0 SOS: .404
    A certain kind of unknown mystery hangs around this blackhole, Raider team doesn't seem to have that many "known" players besides their HB Gary Frederick. Regardless Coach Rich is a damn solid coach and can toss it with the best of them, he sometimes loses sight of the rushing attack but Frederick makes sure his name is called on the reg. This is first team to probably take the tumble from the unbeatens, just by looking at the schedule alone. Week 6 @ Lions and then they host the Browns, manage those two they get the Ravens at home then travel to Mile High the next week to face the divisional Broncos.
    Chandler Jones 36/71 644 Yards 50.7% 8 TDs 3 INTs 102.1 Rating
    Gary Frederick 115 Att 905 Yards 10 TDs
    Marshawn Lynch 46 Att 241 Yards
    Darrius Heyward-Bey 8 Rec 199 Yards 3 TDs
    Zachery Gearin 8 Rec 178 Yards TD
    Jacoby Ford 9 Rec 174 Yards 2 TDs
    Rolando McClain 16 Tackles 2.0 Sacks FF 2 INTs
    Clint Session 15 Tackles 3.0 Sacks FF
    Adrian Wilson 10 Tackles INT

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  23. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Good stuff Knight

24. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    make a new thread, stop bumping your old one!

25. KnightNoles

Thanks big fella! looks like I pissed ya off dropping 41 this week.. ahhhhhhh

how bout no.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1