Knight's 2016 HK Blog: A Look Around the League

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by KnightNoles, Mar 22, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    And Three Remain
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 174 PA: 105 SOS: .469
    This isn't a surprise as Coach Bob has dominated majority of his games the last two years. Besides stumbling in the 2015 NFC Championship he has Cam Newton performing at an all time high alongside Adrian Peterson. Unfortunately Peterson went down this year and he had to claim Frank Gore and he has been an exceptional plug and play. The defense is led by AJ Dansby, a player that was involved in the Jon Beason deal and in the secondary Dario Dickerson which received a huge contract in this past offseason. A big test comes this week against the Titans and then the next game they could take a fall would be in Week 9 against the Packers, if they get passed those tests look for a Week 15 showdown with the Texans.
    Cam Newton 105/144 1600 Yards 72.9% 15 TDs 6 INTs 126.5 Rating
    Cam Newton 27 Att 438 Yards 3 TDs
    Frank Gore 51 Att 324 Yards 2 TDs
    Adrian Peterson 28 Att 182 Yards
    Greg Olsen 25 Rec 431 Yards 3 TDs
    Ramses Barden 24 Rec 333 Yards 4 TDs
    A.J. Dansby 21 Tackles Sac
    Terrell Suggs 17 Tackles Sack
    Dario Dickerson 11 Tackles 2 INTs
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 149 PA: 66 SOS: .461
    The defending Super Bowl Champions continue their momentum through the 2015 playoffs into the 2016 season. It also helps playing 3/5 CPU teams... Noneless the Texans bolster a high powered offense behind Dozier's arm and the WRs of Andre Johnson, Jonathan Baldwin and Ja'Mario Gardner. Don't sleep on the rushing attack as they have a healthy Ben Tate and a season Cameron Weatherford along with a servicable rookie in Jejwaune Spencer. The defense is led by Jon Beason and Safety Kenbrell Cooper on the outside second year CB Tyjuan Grant plays good coverage. Colts and Texans play in Week 7 and neither coach has played one another so the Texans will be on upset alert, then look at Week 10 @ Chargers and Week 12 @ Patriots.. Some how manage that Weeks 13-16 are rough; Jets, Titans, Panthers and Bills.
    Dyjuan Dozier 60/102 1403 Yards 58.8% 11 TDs 9 INTs 102.4 Rating
    Ben Tate 79 Att 455 Yards 3 TDs
    Jejwaune Spencer 21 Att 141 Yards TD
    Cameron Weatherford 15 Att 102 Yards 2 TDs
    Andre Johnson 22 Rec 581 Yards 6 TDs
    Ja'Mario Gardner 13 Rec 325 Yards 2 TDs
    Jonathan Baldwin 15 Rec 319 Yards 2 TDs
    Jon Beason 23 Tackles 3.0 Sacks 2 FF
    Kenbrell Cooper 23 Tackles Sack 2 FF INT
    Brooks Reed 16 Tackles
    Tyjuan Grant 9 Tackles 4 INTs
    [​IMG]
    5-0 PF: 157 PA: 51 4-0 SOS: .404
    A certain kind of unknown mystery hangs around this blackhole, Raider team doesn't seem to have that many "known" players besides their HB Gary Frederick. Regardless Coach Rich is a damn solid coach and can toss it with the best of them, he sometimes loses sight of the rushing attack but Frederick makes sure his name is called on the reg. This is first team to probably take the tumble from the unbeatens, just by looking at the schedule alone. Week 6 @ Lions and then they host the Browns, manage those two they get the Ravens at home then travel to Mile High the next week to face the divisional Broncos.
    Chandler Jones 36/71 644 Yards 50.7% 8 TDs 3 INTs 102.1 Rating
    Gary Frederick 115 Att 905 Yards 10 TDs
    Marshawn Lynch 46 Att 241 Yards
    Darrius Heyward-Bey 8 Rec 199 Yards 3 TDs
    Zachery Gearin 8 Rec 178 Yards TD
    Jacoby Ford 9 Rec 174 Yards 2 TDs
    Rolando McClain 16 Tackles 2.0 Sacks FF 2 INTs
    Clint Session 15 Tackles 3.0 Sacks FF
    Adrian Wilson 10 Tackles INT

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    A Double Take at the Standings
    There Record is Whaaaaaaat?

[​IMG]
    2-5 PF 148 PA 187 NET -39

At one point this team was 0-5 and a lot of owners were wondering what in the heck happened to this AFC South King, well Spring Break and other things got in the way for Coach Bouncer and staff. The scary part is that I don't believe they are eliminated from making a push for a playoff spot but they have little margin for error. If I counted on one person to make that run it is the King of the South, but how long will he claim that title?

[​IMG]
    2-5 PF 205 PA 178 NET 27
    For an owner that had one helluva offseason the previous year, that isn't translating real well in year 2. The addition of Brandon Marshall to the passing game has helped but Boone continues to turn the ball over a little too much for Hal's liking. Nothing really pops out to me stat wise besides the 25.9 points given up a game. The Pats have hit a 5 game slide and seem to get the best punch from their opponent.

[​IMG]
    3-4 PF 182 PA 189 NET -7
    This owner has suspended himself for the whole season or what it seems to be... The assistant coaches have done somewhat well posting 3 victories but regardless I think they would have been around what they are now but maybe 5-2 if Zik was at the reigns. Taking a defeat in the Super Bowl while being one game away from a perfect season takes a toll on a team.

[​IMG]
    3-4 PF 185 PA 218 NET -33

A team that has seen so many parts flip flopped, switched, changed, etc... Too bad this isn't the Henry Ford era, these parts haven't really been all the interchangable. He seemed to be on the right path when he got rid of Vick's contract and brought in Vet Matt Ryan, but he hasn't performed well and has thrown 23 INTs to 15 TDs. While the defense is second to last in giving up points, 31.1.

• Like Like x 5
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    keep up the great work Noles

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good read man

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    5 straight losses by 8 points or less. The running game has died and the defense has fallen apart. Harrison Anthony has more rushing yards in my 2 wins than in my 5 losses combined...and it's not close. The defense is allowing 32.4 points per game in my last 5 games which is vastly different from the 8 points per game I was allowing after opening 2-0.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnightNoles

7. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Someone called it, but I spent like the Redskins, and not winning like the Eagles usually do lol. Ryan has been OK for me, I think its just me forcing passes into coverage instead of looking to find the open man consistently. My run game is also abysmal. Luckily Im not that far out of the playoff race and still have time to get things turned around.

Nice writeup Noles

• Like Like x 1
  8. KnightNoles

Update on Undefeated Teams
    [​IMG]
    And Then There Were Two
    [​IMG]
    8-0
    [​IMG]
    9-0
    =======================
    [​IMG]
    7-1
    Panthers are the first team to fall victim in the loss column and it was handed to them by the Green Bay Packers in an instant classic, as it would seem. Cam Newton was able to Carolina into the endzone with 0:16 left in the 4th quarter but only to fail on the two point conversion, losing 42-40.
    A. Rodgers 15/20 401 Yards 5 TDs INT
    J. Starks 11 Att 102 Yards
    J. Fields 5 Rec 134 Yards 2 TDs
    M. Jessie 2 Rec 102 Yards 2 TDs
    J. Kinnard 2 Rec 76 Yards TD
    C. Newton 24/35 421 Yards 4 TDs
    G. Olsen 9 Rec 178 Yards TD
    R. Barden 4 Rec 82 Yards TD
    J. Watson 4 Rec 76 Yards 2 TDs
    1st Quarter
    (GB) J.Fields 75 Yd pass from A.Rodgers(M.Crosby kick), 9:10
    (GB) D.McCluster, 4 Yd run(M.Crosby kick), 4:32
    (CAR) G.Olsen 59 Yd pass from C.Newton(D.Turner kick), 3:40
    (CAR) D.Turner, 31 Yd FG, 3:15
    (GB) J.Kinnard 42 Yd pass from A.Rodgers(M.Crosby kick), 1:46
    (CAR) J.Watson 52 Yd pass from C.Newton(D.Turner kick), 0:25
    2nd Quarter
    (GB) J.Fields 15 Yd pass from A.Rodgers(M.Crosby kick), 7:16
    (CAR) J.Watson 3 Yd pass from C.Newton(D.Turner kick), 0:07
    3rd Quarter
    (CAR) R.Barden 6 Yd pass from C.Newton(D.Turner kick), 3:07
    (GB) M.Jessie 44 Yd pass from A.Rodgers(M.Crosby kick), 1:04
    4th Quarter
    (CAR) D.Turner, 38 Yd FG, 6:44
    (GB) M.Jessie 58 Yd pass from A.Rodgers(M.Crosby kick), 2:47
    (CAR) C.Newton, 10 Yd run(two-point conversion failed), 0:16

• Like Like x 1
  9. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Look At What Players Are On Top Of Their Game, Wanted and The Players That Have Worn Out Their Welcome
    |||||| HOT ||||||
    ||||| QB |||||
    Steamboatreb: "More than any position, I think the QB is a direct reflection of the user. And not just user skill, but a combination of scheme, balance, etc."
    "That being said, I think three or four QBs are standing head and shoulders above the rest this season, and I base this on one simple stat. TD to INT ratio. Cam Newton 3.57 to 1; Joe Flacco 3.14 to 1; Chandler Jones 3 to 1; and Aaron Rodgers 2.88 to 1. It is no coincidence that the Panthers, Ravens, Raiders and Pack are the class of HK this season thus far."
    Joe Flacco: CP wanted him out of Baltimore few times, now who knows he might try get something for him who has 22 TDs this season to 7 INTs. Love what cp is doing with Flacco.
    Diddy says: Wings has revived Big Ben's career.
    Cam Newton is having a career year.
    Aaron Rodgers is earning his big paycheck. He came back from an 18 point deficit to beat the Cardinals.
    Straight Ballin this season, Cam, Aaron, Shaq Daddy (Arizona).. The biggest things are guys are seeing that they need a strong QB to even compete. Accuracy is a must!
    ||||| HB |||||
    Man..where did they all go? Rookies are the new wave in HK. All the old thoroughbreds are being phased out.
    Steamboatreb: "Sterlin Freeman. Had heard the hype and finally got to play against him the first game this season. Dude ripped me for 171 yds. and 2 TDs on 18 carries. I was perplexed and became very concerned that my run defense was in trouble this year. Not the case. Say what you want about his contract, but the guy is a stud. Goes without saying that Gary Frederick is obviously a stud as well. This has become the position where you can get a lot of bang for the buck."
    "Top 5 in rushing with salaries: Fredrick - $2,000,000.00 range; Conley - $4,500,000.00 range; Hardy - $1,750,000.00 range; Monroe - $450,000.00 (And my dumbass only signed him to a one year deal); Anthony - $4,750,000.00 range."
    Jaamal Charles: just received a new contract but hes back as he is toting a nice 4.6 average.
    Gary Frederick is beasting, how does drunken do it, but he gets it done.
    Daryl Conley the rookie for Buffalo has been a surprise. For some reason the backs fell a bit in the draft but he is having a great season.
    Rookie Devonta Monroe has been crazy good as well huge value for where he was picked.
    ||||| WR |||||
    Dez Bryant: I guess Cade wants to get rid of guy in top 10 in Reception Yards.
    A. C. Powe: Steamboatreb drafted this guy in while with the 'Skins in the 2nd round of the first HK draft. Big (6'4" 229 lbs.), fast (92), mad hops (99), mad release (99), and has to be one of the top 5 run blocking WR (60 Impact, 63 RBS, 54 RBF) in the game.
    Larry Fitzgerald nuff said.
    Leighton Durham the rookie from Indy may be the next big thing as Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and others are getting older.
    Green Bay has a nice crop of your WR as well.
    Antwan Barksdale is the top dog in New England, he is as good as any WR in the AFC.
    ||||| TE |||||
    Looks like the cash is going to the more experience guys, except for the mega stud Brody Patterson.
    Jermichael Finley: just needs his pass happy offense to give the TE a shot or two.
    Kellen Winslow has been a nice addition to the Cardinals passing game showing he has some left in the tank.
    Previously stated: A guy that is a potential star and that will have every GM ready to open their checkbooks is Brody Patterson.
    ||||| DL |||||
    Gimme a guy with great Block Shedding and Strength, I'll let the next position get all the stats.
    Na'Quan Boyd: is ending up being a steal of his draft class with so much production.
    Richard Seymour is still a beast to for the CPU Bucs.
    Mykkele Andrews: Big, fast, strong, good finesse and power moves, and good acceleration. 24 tackles, 7 sacks and 1 FF. I want one of these disruptive stud DTs who can bring pressure up the middle. Just so happens he is in a contract year.
    Another who knew is Frederick Lampley for the Dolphins leading the league in sacks as a rookie.
    ||||| LB |||||
    Middle Linebacker is the the position that makes the most damn money, but OLB that can hit and cover like Mario Williams, DeMarcus Ware, etc are still the golden players.
    Paul Posluzny (CPU): is quietly having a MVP type season in Jacksonville.
    Rolando McClain: 4 INTs, helping the Raiders defense but he now has some value.
    Jaxon Houston: This guy is a lean, mean ass-kicking machine. The only Seahawk who I have seen consistently making plays. Not the fastest guy (79 speed), but he is a tackling machine between the tackles. (99 TAK, 95 HPW, 97 BSH, 90 PUR, 92 PLR). He is in a contract year
    Jon Beason is getting older but is showing that long consistent production like his mentor Ray Lewis.
    Brian Cushing is also a dominant force and even deadlier when Frisk is controlling him.
    ||||| Secondary |||||
    Tyjuan Grant: Just 2nd year player but some team will want him, is incredible. Blowing Jordan Reed out of the water so far in my opinion.
    TJ Ward and Marques Dawson of the Browns are the best safety tandem in HK.
    TJ Jacques the rookie CB is having a great season for the Raiders.
    Patrick Peterson is steady makes his picks and breaks up passes all day.
    Brendan Murray of NE is the next best thing at safety.
    |||||| NOT ||||||
    ||||| QB |||||
    Matt Ryan: Steamboatreb has this to say about him: "Matty Ice. More like Natty Ice, that ill-contrived beer. Seems like Ryan has been that type of beer this release. I remember right, GTG benched him, then came the Pats experiment when Brady - - a cool micro-brew - - was sold out. Pats said, "Man. That good beer is gone. Look though, Coors has a cool new beer that is suppose to be comparable. Fuck, it cost as much as the good shit, must be good." But it is not. Overpriced and looks good in the six pack, but apt to be skunky. Matty Ice, you are HK's poser micro-brew beer." That was too good not to post... INTs on INTs on INTs, he needs an offense with a running game like his days in Atlanta.
    Tom Brady needs to hang it up hes having a rough go in Chi-town.
    Mark Sanchez has a 2:1 Interception to TD ratio this season.
    AC Jackson has not been the answer in Seattle.
    Bob seems to think Any QB: That graces the field in Detroit, it is the QB Carousel town.
    ||||| HB |||||
    Spending big money is the biggest mistake on this position. Look at Ray Rice, Peyton Hillis.. Hell even Sterlin Freeman. This is the biggest fill in position in HK.
    Ray Rice: I think he needs different suitor. The 14,000,000 man does he have anything left, as much as Reb runs the rookie he will digress.
    Peyton Hillis: just go ahead and stick the fork in him, he is done.
    Adrian Peterson is doing his best Barry Sanders impression, what after being an MVP to me (diddy) last year.
    ||||| WR |||||
    Wes Welker: Doesn't feel like he fits in with the Lions scheme at all.
    AJ Green has not been as productive as he used to be, more so do in scheme change but nonetheless.
    Calvin Johnson, Jr. Yep, Megatron. I haven't seen him on the injury list (but I haven't really looked too much). I played him two or three seasons ago and it was borderline unfair. Maybe redwings is moving away from him intentionally, or maybe he has logged too many miles. Definitely surprised to see him a lower middle of the pack guy if it is not due to scheme.
    ||||| LB |||||
    Spend your money elswhere fellas, its obvious those contracts to Jop and Crawford are bogus.
    Clay Matthews: Thought he was going be a monster even in his prime days
    DeMarcus Ware: Where did this guy go? Can't find him on the stat sheet when looking for players with more then 8 Sacks through 9 weeks, he only has 1.
    Mike Crawford has not lived up to his contract.
    Jacorie Joplin the 100 million dollar man is borderline.
    ||||| Secondary |||||
    Laron Landry: Even though he is showing up on the stat sheet, he's getting older.
    Nnamdi Asomugha: does he even play anymore??????
    Brandon Flowers: Steamboatreb: "Again, personal experience. If Ray Rice is potentially the worst overall FA pickup in awhile, Coach Reb's trade for Brandon Flowers (for Brian Orakpo) is definitely top three gaffes. The trade had far-reaching effects on the franchise and Coach Reb on a personal level. It was the infamous Flowers for Orakpo deal that led to Coach Reb's indefinite suspension from the league. That is how you define a really bad trade. I thought a high rated CB equals pick city. Even when I started to figure it out, Flowers was a huge disappointment. Five years, 13 picks with the 'Skins. Enough said."
    Rookie Jimmy Price: Steamboatreb: "Can you say bust Cimmy? 11 Tackles, 1 Interception. 1 overall. Ouch."

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 13
  10. KnightNoles

• Like Like x 2
  11. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

Great stuff!

12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Wonderful job Noles. If Henry Clay was The Great Compromiser, perhaps your moniker should be "The Great Collaborator"

• Like Like x 2
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Damn nice work man.

14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

awesome work fellas!

15. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

KnightNoles, great write up especially with Matt Ryan(24 TDs, 26 INTs).

But as for Nnamdi, cant agree lol
    20 tackles and 4 INTs in 9 games at 35 years old.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

He had 2 of those in his last game, so as of press time he was a dud!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I probably should have added that the Matty Ice hate I was spewing was in o way directed at any user. GTG, Hal and, from what I can tell from stats having never played you, are all capable, if not solid users. It was a desperation/rage pick up for Hal because he was caught off-guard and blindsided by the "Brady RFA Fiasco of 2014." Two year deal at $22,000,000.00 a season after the 3rd Round pick was tendered. Hal had to accept the tender because he had just taken over the Patriots a few weeks earlier and had not yet righted the ship financially. Shook up all of HK. Next thing you know there were whispers of certain users "sniping" FAs. I did a painstaking review of the RFA rules in attempt to make it all make sense. How could a system operate so cruelly? Were we being governed by a "puppet regime" and merely pawns in some larger social experiment? Slowly, but surely, a dark cloud of paranoia and distrust was settling over HK. Our Utopian society had begun a quick descent into the bowels of dystopia. I publicly argued that the RFA rules were ambiguous. There are rumors that controllerabuser began to dabble in Santeria and Voodoo in an attempt to set things straight in the NFC North. Suddenly, a lot of us were asking - - Who is _MG_ ? We were on the brink of the type of chaos that we will only face if we someday find ourselves fighting beside John Connor in the post-apocalyptic world of the Terminator (Damn you computers, and damn you Skynet!).

But shit was cool by a couple of days later when Bob told us everything was cool. I am certain Bob has a photo in his office with is arms crossed, head down and a stern look of concern, but not fear, on his face. In my head, it looks like the famous shot of Kennedy during the Cuban Missle Crisis. HK had been to the precipice. A classic moment on the brink that will always define Bob's saavy and cool as commish. We suffered, but we grew stronger and tighter as a group. There was a lesson to be learned. That lesson did not become clear to me until RFA 2015. But it was not lost on at least one HK member.

I know sdid22 was paying attention, because that dude started hoarding money like Ebeneezer Scrooge in anticipation of the next big moment, if not the seminal moment, of the RFA period in HK. The year - - offseason 2015. The player involved - - Patrick Peterson (aka "Zod"). The cost - - $122,000,000.00 for 5 years. No fiasco, no shenanigans, no fear, no general malaise or fear amongst the masses. Diddy saw it coming a mile away and was ready. He had only one thing to say.... just a single word with one lone syllable...."Match."

Beware, Cavs4life......beware. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

• Like Like x 10
  18. KnightNoles

Lol wut?

What did I just read LOL

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Pure Brilliance

20. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Just one correction. I received a 6th round pick from Brady's RFA, not a 3rd. The rest is 100% accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

LOL, that was confusing. I know it wasnt towards me using Ryan, just saying Nnamdi playing good thats all.
    sdid22, Nnamdi is not a dud, he is a football player!

• Like Like x 1
  22. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

good job with this Knight

23. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I knew it was shitty. That's right, he took the original round $3,500,000.00 option. Funny thing is, it hadn't been long since The League hit its snag, and I had really been talking up HK and doing the hard-sell to get Hal to put in an membership request.

Seems like that all happened three years ago. Wait, it was years ago....MADDEN YEARS THAT IS !!!111!!!111!!! (Rimshot!)

Or is it crickets?

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    SteamboatReb

Brilliant man..from now on you are writing any kind of front page publicity we get..

• Like Like x 2
  25. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Sun shines on every dog's ass every now and then. Gonna publish some good shit next week. CA's first Random Thoughts gave me the idea, but it strays from the topic just a little too much. Didn't want to completely hijack the thread. He is onto something there.