Knight's Game of the Week

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by KnightNoles, Sep 10, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Week One

This is what I would have picked as the Game of the Week

[​IMG]

I will try and comeback to recap the game with stats.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

I selected all the undefeated teams against each other and they all are good matchups. The one I like in particular is the Niners-Seahawks game, then the Broncos-Giants, Vikings-Bears and the Chargers-Eagles.

Chargers: How will they handle Shady and Vick. Can Rivers keep it together while fragile Matthews run the ball for balance?
    Eagles: How will the defense play? Can Vick avoid the rush and get rid of the ball on time?

Vikings: Stopping Forte is a must, make Cutler beat you. AP contain, what will Ponder do?
    Bears: Containing AP, goal is to hold him under 125. Get Forte established and then Cutler finding Marshall early and often.

Broncos: Getting a key stop or two, probably just one. Getting a rushing attack to go with Peyton's arm.
    Giants: Double Thomas, find a running back that holds onto the rock, let the DLine eat.

Niners: Do what you do, let Colin Kaepernick do his thing. Rattle Wilson and try to take the 12th man out of the game.
    Seahawks: Grab the MO early and let the crowd go wild. Take away the running game, read option and let Colin beat that secondary.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Unless we are doing worst match ups of the week, I am confident my team will never be listed in this thread.

Good stuff, Knight.

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

conversely, this is probably the only time my team will ever make the GotW thread...and even then it is 4/4.

5. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Two

Chargers lose a tough one to the Eagles, 20-27. Not sure how the box score looks as I can't see it on the website but from the stats, I see a pretty evenly matched game. I will take it that the Eagles scored on their last possession and either held on defensively or scored with very little time left on the clock.

The Vikings made quick work out of the Bears, leading at half 31-7. AP went for 167 and two TDs while Ponder added another two through the air. Cutler and Marshall started the game off right but Cutler would throw an interception which led to another that threw their whole game off.

The Manning Bowl, first one with Peyton not in a Colts uniform. This one didn't disappoint except Masler and of course he doesn't catch the break to complete the comeback on the last possession. Broncos losing the turnover battler 3-1 is the key stat in this ball game, but the Broncos are a force to be reckoned with this year.

Lastly the NFC West matchup. The Seahawks let Frank Gore run wild on them but kept Colin at bay through the air as they forced two interceptions. Russell Wilson threw two TDs and a pick while Marshawn put da team on his back doeee with 137 yards. The second game in will for sure be a can't miss ball game.

Boom29
    Sgt Jowers
    KnightNoles
    Gravity
    Masler
    I Peench
    biggcoug65
    PAgamer07

Week Three

[​IMG]

Philstyle3005 OMlawdog

A match up that I think all of TMFL has been waiting for early in the season. I give Law the slight edge in the ball game but Phil with EJ has been quite impressive. A game of who can outlast the other or which one can get a stop, maybe two.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

You're giving me much more credit than I deserve. It was a close game in the first half, but the Eagles slowly pulled away in the second as they were able to grind with McCoy and convert on just about all their third down opportunities. I scored 10 points late in the fourth, but the game was never in doubt at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Three
    The Jets 45, Bills 44 all out explosive affair was just that but it left the Bills with a bad taste in their mouths after letting a big lead slip away with injuries and bad turnovers. Two rookie QBs dueled and then Thaddeus Lewis came off the bench for an injured EJ Manuel who was 1 of 2 on the day. Lewis threw 2 picks with 2 TDs while Geno would throw for a TD and 2 picks but the difference Geno made was 3 TDs on the ground. I believe the Bills had at least a 3 score lead on the Jets and with a combination of turnovers lost the lead and then lost the game.

Philstyle3005
    OMlawdog

Week Four

[​IMG]
    For week four I will head out for an early NFC West matchup with both of these teams chasing the 3-0 Seahawks. How well will this Rams defense be in tune to stopping the mighty powerful the Niners and what will they be able to muster up on offense? Of course in real life, the Rams would be the dogs and they are here also but video games are a tad bit different as we know. Look for this game to be a lot closer then the experts think.

biggcoug65
    BRUCE80

• Like Like x 2
  8. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Four
    This NFC West match-up was all Niners from the second quarter on after a scoreless first. Kaepernick was 15 of 26 for 153 a touch and an interception while Bradford was awful at 15 for 37 for 150 yards. Frank Gore rushed 24 times for 109 yards and a TD. As I look more into it, this game looks like it was a sim with a total 60:00 of possession time.

Week Five

[​IMG]

Well we have a nice NFC East showdown that will happen at MetLife Stadium, the Eagles will look to upend the Giants and put a blemish on their record. Eagles won't be able to key a WR as Nicks has 21 rec and Cruz has 20 and David Wilson gets about 1.5:1 carries to Andre Brown. Eli is connecting on 68% of his throws with 6 TDs and 2 INTs. As for the Eagles, the QBs aren't doing too hot right now as Vick is completing 53% of his throws with 5 TDs and 6 INTs. Shady is averaging 108 yards a game with a 5.9 average. FB James Casey is the leading WR while Maclin has 14, McCoy has 14 and Desean has 10.

It will boil down to the Eagles not turning over the ball and being able to get it to Desean off the playaction of McCoy. The Giants are going to do what they want, the Eagles have to limit them and help themselves out.

The Bills could easily be walking into this match-up at 4-0 and with a 3 year first time starter Thad Lewis because of an injury to rookie EJ Manuel, you have to like this club. Both of them are a combined 11 TDs and 5 picks, hitting 57% of their passes. Fred Jackson is the workhorse while the often injured CJ Spiller is the game changer. The favorite target is Stevie Johnson with 21 catches 8 more then WR TJ Graham. The Browns are sitting pretty at 3-1 and with their coach playing tough defense. Weeden isn't giving much with a 52% completion rate, 3 TDs and an INT. The workhorse is Trent Richardson with 82 carries for a 5.7 average with Dion Lewis being the breather. Greg Little leads the receivers with 13 grabs and TE Jordan Cameron with 10 catches. The Browns gamechanger comes in the kicking game as Travis Benjamin can change field position quickly and or take one to the house.

This game will boil down on the Browns being able to keep up with the scoring of the Bills but the Browns haven't been a team that has been scored on very much this year.

I Peench
    Sgt Jowers
    Philstyle3005
    Shaun Mason

• Like Like x 7
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Phil will likely curb stomp me.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

He is tough, I could not get enough pressure and was just getting picked apart. On the contrary, he got some nice pressure and had some nice sacks when I was not expecting it.

11. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Five
    Browns and Bills was simmed.

Giants took care of the Eagles 41-20 with Eli throwing for 275 yards and 2 TDs but David Wilson was the main story with 17 carries 113 yards and 3 TDs. The Giants run their record to 5-0 and the only thing that is suspectable is the run defense. Lasean McCoy ran for 148 yards on 21 carries but the Eagles threw 2 interceptions as Matt Barkley played the majority of the game after Vick attempted 3 throws completing one of them.

Week Six

[​IMG]
    The Cards will travel to San Fran this week and will get a dose of Frank Gore and Kaepernick and the Niners secondary better get ready to cover the pass happy Cardinals, led by Carson Palmer. Cardinals defense has forced 14 turnovers (11 INT, 3 FF) to the Niners 10 (5 INT, 5 FF). This should be a good game of clashing styles and another introduction of Coug into the NFC West.

After dropping two games to a combined score of 65-20, the Colts have put up back-to-back 40+ points games in victories with their recent win knocking off the undefeated Seahawks. For the Chargers if the recent trend of a win then following up with a loss the next week continues, SD would be penciled in for an L. All three of the Chargers wins have come by three points, so look for them to try to keep it close then seal the deal with a FG as time expires.

Baron
    biggcoug65
    nellycuz
    Boom29

• Like Like x 3
  12. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Six
    The Colts and Chargers looked to play a defensive game as the combined for under 500 yards and a combined 20 points. Phillips Rivers had an efficent day but didn't put up huge passing yards along with 2 TDs and an INT. Ronnie Brown and Ryan Matthews combined for over 100 yards of rushing as the Chargers won 20-3.

There was plenty of offense in the Niners-Cards game as both gave up over 400 yards and 30 points. The Cardinals would give the ball away 5 times compared to the three times the Niners gave it away. Colin and Carson turned it over 3 times each along with a TD each. Cardinals had a combined effort from three backs to go over 100 yards and put up 4 TDs, while Frank Gore took care of the rock rushing for 92 yards and a TD. The Niners outlasted the Cardinals 34-31.

Boom29
    nellycuz
    Baron
    biggcoug65

Week Seven

upload_2013-9-20_22-11-4.png

This week will feature a divisional match-up showdown between two of the arguably best guys in the league. The Bills led by Thad Lewis and EJ Manuel while the Dolphins are under the reigns of Tannehill. Look for a very pass happy game and scores into the 30s and 40s. I will give a slight edge to the defense of the Bills and say they will pull this one out and not let the loss to the Jets a few weeks ago loom against the fish.

The second game of our double feature of game of the week lost a little bit of luster as both the Vikings and Giants took losses last week. A lot of talk has been going on between the users and it will all cumulate on the field. The Gmen's rushing d has been under fire so far this year and with AP coming into town, that isn't a good sign. A surprising stat for the Giants is their rushing TDs to passing, 14-9. How will the secondary of the Vikes respond after losing their #2 corner.

Philstyle3005
    antcap24
    I Peench
    KnightNoles

• Like Like x 3
  13. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

This game is going to be interesting with the fact that Tannehill is also injured. We both are playing backups. Matt Moore is at the helm for the fish.

14. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Seven
    The Bills and Dolphins looks like it was a sim.

The Giants came out and mollywhopped the Vikings, 42-13. Christian Ponder started off the first possession of the game with an interception and the Giants really never looked back. Wilson and Brown combined went for 176 yards with 2 TDs and Eli threw for 4 TDs, 252 yards while going 20 for 28. Ponder was 8 of 20, 3 INTs for a buck eighty five. AP rushed for 89 yards on 17 carries but left the game during the third quarter and so did the slim chances of coming back from a 28-10 ballgame.

I Peench
    KnightNoles

Week Eight

[​IMG]

This week we will see another NFC West showdown with both teams being 5-2 and looking to move into a second place tie with the Cardinals and chasing the Niners. The NFC West division is arguably the top division with each team sitting a 5-2 or better. I'll give the Seahawks a slight edge here with their defense and PA has them playing tough. We will see what kind of gameplan and offensive attack the Rams will bring with Bruce at helm and how he will attack the secondary. Either way it should be a dandy of a game.

PAgamer07
    BRUCE80

• Like Like x 2
  15. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Eight
    The Seahawks and Rams game was played and advanced over top of, thank goodness PA won the sim because he was livid when he saw the results.

PAgamer07
    BRUCE80

Week Nine

[​IMG]

This week we have a triple header per-say. The Vikings look to even up their record against the NFC East, after getting kicked by the Giants. Cowboys will try to make it 2-0 against the NFC North after a victory last week against the Lions.

The Saints will try to slow down the Jets, this game probably needs to be under 28 for NT to have a chance even though his offense can score at will, he is going up against an offensive friendly opponent. Look for a few or 4 interceptions in this game.

Ryno and the Chiefs will get to test their skills against one of the better members of the league in Phil and the Bills. I know that EJ is probably still on the injured list and I believe McCluster is on the list as well for the Chiefs. I actually like the Chiefs on paper here but will they be able to contend on the skills. That's why they play the game.

RynoAid
    Philstyle3005
    NeuroticTruth
    OMlawdog
    KnightNoles
    sawemoff

• Like Like x 2
  16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

PAgamer07 KnightNoles

PA fibbed to me telling me HFA would kick in for us...I kept waiting and it never did.... ;)

I was also glad he won the sim because he did win the game....I gotta be honest..PA might have been livid it was simmed...but I was livid about the actual game ... It was a close game in the real game..the Rams out gained the Hawks substantially..but couldn't quit blowing our own toes off. It was one of the most ridiculous games I have ever been involved in.

Tavon Austin was simply terrible dropping four passes and fumbling the ball twice...losing both. Grade F-

38 points on 223 yards ..we scored 31 on 445 yards

Rams: 4 fumbles 1 pick - 5 turnovers you aren't winning.

KO for a td with 14 seconds left in the half after we went up 10

two fumbles deep in hawks territory one returned to our 3 cost us at least two chip shot fgs...one was a ten point swing at least.

1 pick six thrown

After forcing a punt late down 7 the punt returner Tavon Austin just throws the ball straight up in the air in a crowd...and the fourth and final nail in the coffin was recovered by the hawks.

I think my defense gave up 10 points. Hard to fault them for the KO return, pick six and two short field TDs after fumbles.

Just one thing after another, I think PA actually started feeling bad for us after the late punt return fumble.

GG PAgamer07

We get another shot in a couple week up in Seattle, PA plays a very solid brand of Football and I totally enjoyed playing him...but man the bad luck really got old.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah it was a very good game Bruce. I recorded it and was going to post the video, now I can't. Still, a very good game. We got lucky as we have all year.

18. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Nine
    The Cowboys came back from a 14-7 deficit scoring 10 unanswered points and the teams went into OT tied at 24. Vikings lose the toss and the Cowboys would score on a play where Tanner would get the edge and turn the corner to win the game 30-24.

Jets held the Saints in check winning 28-12, Geno Smith making a case to become ROY. The Jets defense came to play, something to be called underrated by some only allowed 12 points to an explosive Saints offense.

At the time of this post the Chiefs and Bills has not been played, looking like a sim.

sawemoff
    KnightNoles
    NeuroticTruth
    OMlawdog

Week Ten

[​IMG]
    The Broncos and Chargers will get to sort out some AFC West positioning this week as they both will enter the game at 5-3. San Diego is coming off a loss to the Redskins while the Broncos were off. Do the Chargers have enough offense and defense to contend with the Broncos? Not many weapons for the Chargers as Antonio Gates and Malcolm Floyd/Keenan Allen are Rivers favorite targets with some Ryan Matthews out of the backfield. While Mas throws it around to his plethora of receivers, Manning is prone to an INT or two. As long as he keeps good balance with Montee Ball and Knowshon Moreno out of the backfield all will be well for the Broncos. I'm going to lean on the Broncos to win by double digits.

Masler
    Boom29

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Last week was the beginning of the end for the Chargers. Plus, Ryan Mathews is now out for the season with a partial PCL tear unless the Chargers make the playoffs. It was fun while it lasted.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Where are the Texans in the game of the week? Surely the toilet bowl vs Oakland has to be on the leagues radar?

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Ten
    The Chargers and Broncos tried to play the game about 17 times and finally the Chargers would take one, or five from Manning and win the game. San Diego tried to make it a close one and they did, 23-20 was the final score. Eric Weddle had two interceptions while three others had one, the Broncos kept the game manageable after surrendering a lot of possession and the Chargers didn't exactly take advantage of what was given to them. Both QBs didn't play exceptionally well but Rivers was able to throw 2 TDs and only turn it over once. These two teams will square close to the end of the year again.

Masler
    Boom29

Week Eleven

[​IMG]
    The Chargers will get another true test when they face off against the Dolphins. A pretty intriguing game for the AFC West and a time to see if San Diego can hang with the big dogs. Can the Dolphins limit Ryan Matthews and then force Rivers to be just plain bad? Will SD be able to disrupt the timing of Tannehill and get a turnover or two?

antcap24
    Boom29

Honorable mentions of the week: Chiefs-Broncos, Jets-Bills

23. KnightNoles

Recapping Week Eleven
    The Dolphins took care of the Chargers practically in two quarters of play and then each team trade field position in the second half. Tannehill threw for 255 yards with 2 TDs and zero picks while Rivers went for 122 and an INT. Lamar Miller rushed for 110 yards while Ronnie Brown was the Chargers leading carrier at 47 yards.

The Broncos took the CPU Chiefs to the woodshed, 49-24. Nothing more to say here...

The Jets look like the AFC favorite after winning 30-11 against the Bills. Two backs over 80 yards, Geno 277 and a touch.

antcap24
    Boom29
    Masler
    OMlawdog
    Philstyle3005

Week Twelve

[​IMG]
    Two games on the docket here, the Colts have won 3 of their last 4 and get a tough task in the Cardinals and their coach should be back at the helm after being away for a few days. The Cardinals are starting to lose grasp on their division and if it continues possibly missing a playoff spot.

The Cowboys, if they want to win the NFC East... This is a must win game and these two opponents know a lot about one another so it should be a great chess match and a deserved win to who ever wins.

nellycuz
    Baron
    sawemoff
    I Peench

• Like Like x 2
  24. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Another sim/ap loss. Think this is the 4th or 5th sim/ap game for the bills. Might as well be coach mode this season.

25. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Why so many?