KorrosivD - Hello to OMFL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KorrosivD, Mar 8, 2011.

1. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

Just wanted to say hey to the owners here, I just applied on the site. This whole tradition site is something I imagined doing a few years back in 2007, great community looks like.

I read all the rules etc, and no problems wver with activity or gameplay.
    About me, 37 years old married and avid gamer, Financial Leader for a regional homebuilder.

I bleed green, 13 year season ticket holder for my Eagles, let the banter begin.

I have been commish for leagues for past 10 years, online leagues since 2007, currently run OGML - TheO, and O2, both 32 member leagues online etc.

OGML site here - to give you a sense of how we run it.
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=league/index&lid=204

Anyway, looks like there is about a 3 year waiting list for this league, but to be expected from a well run league.
    If anyone wants to ball anytime, I am on AIM almost during almost all waking hours: KorrosivD add me as friend and we can run a scrim.

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Well welcome to the site. Sounds like your involved in lots of leagues. Im down for scrimmages as well.

AIM: jettagy

I can handle the fact that your an Iggles fan. Atleast you have something going for you.

Coach KO

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Section 225 at the Linc bro had them at the Vet since 88, welcome to the league

4. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

I got my tickets about 3 years or so before the Linc was built, we got pretty lucky Section 138, row 20 at the Linc for our tix.

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

yeah, thanks alot, Mike Vick costed me a fantasy championship, he went nuts in the 4th quarter vs the Giants, scored 40+ points that week......lol

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Where are the god damn diehard Viking fans?

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

In the same place where the Raiders fans live. In their mom's basements.....

8. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

Ah, the Los Angeles Vikings?

So, just a general question here: How does the waiting list work? First come first serve? How long is this list? Just curious if I am barking up the wrong tree and I could be looking at 2013 game drop to have a shot to get in.

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Well since you asked. I wont blow smoke up the ole keester. The Wait list is about 4 deep. However, your activity on the boards may change your placement and if the other people are not interested or not available, you could get the nod. We do have a feeder league that many of the same owners are in which has the same rules. That league may have an opening or two. To be candid, we have used that league to screen gameplay of applicants because in the past some not so straight ballers disrupted the league.

I can also tell you that there may be some concern about your involvement in so many leagues and how active you will be in this league. If you can juggle that many leagues great. God knows I couldnt. The wife and kids would have my head on a platter. Scratch that, it wouldnt be my head and it wouldnt be a platter. Probably involve a jar...

so that's my straight up, honest response to your question. Hope that helps.

10. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

Just an FYI on leagues, I was in 5 leagues, I play almost every night 1-2 games, I dropped 2 leagues and currently have 3. The 3rd league is just a gamer league, play your games, no community really, forums, etc. I'd be dropping that league for OMFL and have plenty of time.

My two core leagues, OGML and OGML2, I have a team of co-commishes who handle most of the admin, etc.

My wife is great, she is stay at home mom, I dont watch TV, and kids in bed by 8pm, 8-1am is my Madden balling time. I probably play 10-12 games per week in total and banter is never an issue for me or involvement on forums, etc.

Seems like you guys have a pretty creative Cap system here, which hopefull goes away when they fix 2012 franchise. I like all the fresh ideas and gambling - awesome.

Anyway, I am arounda all night tonight to run any scrims, hell I am sure I could give you a list of references from anyone I have even played. Post here if you are around tonight and we can scrim a little.

I went over the rules, seem pretty lax actually in some areas, no problem as I play more strict than the rules here anyhow.

11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Out of curiosity, id love to hear what rules are more lax in your opinion. Disclosure, this will not be held against you!!

12. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

Overall the rules are great, thorough and present minimal windows for abuse in my humble opinion...

I saw a few things I thought were a bit loose, but who am I to make comment:

Restrictions on use of 4-6 are pretty lax, most leagues will have it much more restrictive, 3 or less and inside the 10 yard line as an example. I can tell you that the 4-6 is a brutal machine without shifting anything, too many money plays in that formation, and if you stunt Dline at all (unrecognizable presnap) forget it.

Fake punts and Fgs allowed

4th down rules A B & D - really opens up the game, getting the 3 yards or less is worth the risk with bad AI in Madden in any game

defense can manually move 2 players pre snap and control one, to certain places, etc,

Special teams only addresses pre-snap movement - manual blocking on PR and KR allowed post kick I assume?

I also feel like the playcalling on O is a bit loose, talking about how if an OT run works, you can keep running it but do it from diff formations, kindof like the guys who run slants all day long

13. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

I see Broncos open, so at least I guess that moves me up one on the list, any chance we could do a playoff between waiting list teams? That would be a fun way to assign teams.

14. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I would agree that it would be an interesting way to fill spots. However, its not fair to those who were here before you. The good news is that we are still moving forward and we do replace owners. Stick around. I know you have other leagues your in but stay active in the forums here. Believe me, its noticed.

15. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

worth a shot...

16. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Korrosiv, good game the other day. It was a turnover fest for sure. Im around tonight if you want to ball. Im not sure if you looked at the WFL. I know they are at capacity but keep it in mind as well.

17. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

we may have some open teams soon

18. KorrosivD

KorrosivD Walk On

How do I get skipped for a team opening? I see somehow Cowgirls get granted to someone who just signed up. I have been active on boards and played a tryout game to boot with CoachKO.

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I was on it a long time ago (just for the Cowboys). Just not publically

As a Eagles Season Ticket holder that would be blasphemy anyways...u cannot do that :)

20. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I am also an Eagles season ticket holder :)...

21. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

:eek:

22. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

As soon as I make a reason to boot vishal we can settle this on the gridiron...:D