KSU Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

KSU Presser

[​IMG]

Not too bad of a season coach. Talk about the ups and downs of this season for KSU.

What a recruiting class you have coming in, how long before we see these guys on the field in Manhattan?

What do you need to do as a program to win a North Championship?

Talk about your leaders this year for your team.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

There were so many downs this year. Couldnt really get the passing game going all that well. It really cost us a few games this year. We have started to find our identity for mext season and our bowl game.

The ups were mainly caused by Dold our outstanding HB that just ran the ball hard all year long. We made a bowl game which was my main goal this year with this team. The main up has been in recruiting this year. When i took the job there were alot of doubters saying u cant recruit top players to Manhattan. Well we can get the players here at that started when we took the #1 overall recruit this year from Texas. Soon after that we got the #4 cb and #23 overall to sign and join us.

Depending out what happens this offseason as far as who leaves and who stays will decided alot. I have a feeling that 3 of these players will be true freshman starters and hoping to give at least 3 of them redshirts and grow themselves into better players. i have a feeling that Anthony Lewis, Mark Avery and Trevor Gray will be the starters and depending on where Jimmy Banks ends up playing on the field he may also start

We really need to string together 3 or 4 classes like the one we had this year to compete for the national championship. We aren't to far off but really need to take and really grasp a passing game. We are a running team right now and really want to be alot more balanced. We were hoping to get our qb we wanted but he decided to go elsewhere. Our qb got a lot of experience this year as a RS Freshman but 8 tds to 18 ints and a 51% completion rate will have to improve before we can really talk National Championship.

Our leaders this year really start with Dold. He proved he is ready for the next level and we wil be sad to see him go. He hasnt complained all year about not having the passing game. He has ran his heart out all year and it really shows with his stats. 307 rushes 2074yds 21td averaging a big 6.7yds a carry. Our defensive captain has had a pretty good year at corner. He has 3 ints 52 tackles and played well all year. The main disappointment to me is the fact Dold has gotten 0 Heisman talk. He has much better numbers than any of the hb's on the list. He hasnt complained once about not getting any attention he just says the award really means nothing.

In closing we are really looking forward to our bowl game and if its the insight bowl against Northwestern i am going to put the billboard material up there and say WE ARE GETTING THAT TROPHY!!!!

I am not Lovie Smith and sugar coat this team is not a good team right now but will be very soon but i have the faith that Dold and the rest will walk out winners in their Bowl game

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Tremendous recruiting class, coach. string 2 or 3 of those together and KState will be atop the conference.

Will any of the new recruits change how you approach your gameplanning/offensive style/playcalling?

4. NDCOLTS1979

Thanks i am hoping to get a few of these classes together. The more i steal from texas the happier ill be lol.

Depending on how my qb plays in the first game or two will decide alot of how i am going. I am going to start with a balanced attack about 50-50 on offense and go from there. With Gray at wr i think he may really help out a passing game. On defense i will hopefully be able to play more man coverage with the defense i got but this all may have to wait for the next class to actually play the way i really want

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach do you believe any of your players will test the NFL waters a year early??

6. NDCOLTS1979

No i don't. I know Dold is going to take and play on sundays. Of course he is a senior and set records this year. He ran for over 2k yards this season. With the class i have this year and the ones i plan on grabbing the next few seasons i will start to lose guys early.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nice start coach. What will it take to carry over through out the season?

Defensive and Offensive differnce makers so far?

8. NDCOLTS1979

To become more consistent on offense. Passing game is still nowhere near where it needs to be. Running game has signs of improvement but have to get a passing game to go with it to make it very successful. Defensively we are playing really well. Forcing turnovers and just flying to the ball.

Anthony Lewis on defense is a difference maker. He is the #1 MLB i got instead of texas getting him. First game he had 11 tackles and 2 int. Second game he had 7 tackles and 1 forced fumble. On the offense side Childs has lost his starting spot to Burton who had a really good running game last week. I really need Klein to become my difference maker at qb and we have talked about that this week

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Signature win. Coach you just beat the #5 teamin the country. Talk about the vibe in Manhattan.

Coach how will your dominance over the Big Ten prepare you for play in the Big 12 this season?

How do those Big 10 teams stack up against the competition of the Big 12?

10. NDCOLTS1979

The vibe is starting to hit a high note this season. After that recruiting class we had come in epectations rose a bit this season. With the play of Freshman MLB Lewis it came to take and see why the vibe is getting there. Hopefully that vibe will take and affect another great recruiting class.

Big ten is built alot on defense. To come through their with such huge wins it was a great start to what could be a very nice season for us. i really hope 3 losses at the most this season.

Michigan is probably the best team that is close to the Big 12 but the problem is that they arent as great as the top teams in the big 12. Just cant wait to start the season in the big 12 and see where we really are at as a team

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Another win coach how are tings shaping up in the Big 12 North for KSU?

Anthony Lewis may go down as one of the greatest freshman linebackers of our generation, what has he meant to your defense?

The rushing attack is potent has the passing game come along enough to keep teams off balance when they game plan for KSU?

12. NDCOLTS1979

Yes it was another big win but this week is the biggest test we have so far. Its really hard to pick a must win but this game will tell how we really are as a team. I don't think the talent is quite there yet to be a true player in the Big 12. I feel we need 2 more recruiting classes like this last one to be a true player.

Lewis is by far a lot more than the player we thought we were getting. I knew he was good but he has turned out to be great. He may be the best of this generation but he is the best Kansas St has ever had. He has meant the world to us on defense. He has allowed us to take more chances on offense and work on our passing game. We can take a chance here and there and know that we have no problem with stopping the other team or getting the ball back.

Passing game is really coming into its own finally. Like previously stated Lewis has allowed us to take chances and the passing game has really improved. The last game was a sign of that. Klein went 22-34 245yds 3td and only 1 int.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big game in the North. What will KSU have to do to knocky off a pesky Colorado team?

There has been speculation that you are going to turn the success of your resurrection project at KSU into a big time job, are there any deals on the table?

Anthony Lewis was quoted as saying that he was "100 % sure that you would be his coach through out his career at KSU." What have you told Lewis that makes him so sure?

14. NDCOLTS1979

Kansas St will come down to Anthony Lewis. If he has one of his big games then Kansas St will win.

This is probably true. I cant speculate on job offers or anything like that but chances are i am going to be gone next year. At least i wont leave them with the cupboards bare.

I havent talked to anyone. Lewis understands with the success Kansas St is having the rumors will come out. He did come to me and tell me he wants me to stay his coach but he also told me a big time program would be a good fit and if one calls dont hang up

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach why the move to Oklahoma?

What do you have to say to the players, fans, and powers that be at KSU?

anthony Lewis was in tears, J. Childs said that you were a bum why the outlash from some of your key players in Manhattan?

Will you coach the bowl game?

What are your recruiting numbers looking like for the Sooners?

16. NDCOLTS1979

Coach why the move to Oklahoma?
    I just felt it was time to move Forward. I am going to take and miss alot of things from K. State When a job like Oklahoma opens up and u r contacted by them you have to listen and with what they offered i had little choice but to accept

What do you have to say to the players, fans, and powers that be at KSU?
    I told Lewis please transfer lol but i dont think he is. He was an amazing guy and before i left i had a heart to heart with him and told him he will be great and needs to be the face of the program. The fans took it really hard had so much mail from them begging me to stay. They saw where the program was heading. Powers to be are trying to slander me right now. They accussed me of hitting a player but thankfully Lewis came out and squashed that for me.

anthony Lewis was in tears, J. Childs said that you were a bum why the outlash from some of your key players in Manhattan?
    Lewis i can see he came here because of me and loved the fact i trusted him right off the bat with the starting position. Even though a player like him u dont put on the bench. As far as Childs goes i have no idea he will be gone after this season pro probably anyways. I hope its because they are going to miss me and dont want to see me go so they use anger

Will you coach the bowl game?
    No i will not. I feel it wouldnt be right even though Lewis asked me to. They will always be in my heart and the game against K. State next season will be interesting

What are your recruiting numbers looking like for the Sooners?
    If i lose noone that i am not suppose to the numbers i wont have to recruit this season. Which will give me more time with my players. Drew Allen is upset right now as i told him he dont have the lock on the starting qb. He will be in competiton with Jenkins