KSU pulls off Upset on a Prayer

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smlVICTORIES53, Aug 25, 2010.

1. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

KSU pulls off Upset on a Prayer

KSU wins the Fiesta Bowl 38-35. The Wildcats completed a comeback in a game that they were down most of the time. The KSU defense was non-existant for most of the game. Mark Ingram thrashed the Wildcats for 204 yards on 28 carries and 2 TDs. Greg McElroy went 22-32 for 313 yards and 2 TDs. The defense was able to pull it together in the 4th to force Bama to punt the ball a few times that helped the Wildcats get back in the game. The Bama D was stout for 3 quarters. They forced 3 turnovers and held KSU HB Daniel Thomas to 74 yards on 16 carries.

The surprise of the game was QB Carson Coffman who really stepped up when the Wildcats needed him. He went 17-33 477 yards, 5TDs and 2ints. The Wildcats entered the 4th quarter down 21-10. Alambama scored before the Wildcats got the ball in the 4th making it 28-10. Being down Coach Smalls abandoned the ground game and went to the air. Much to the surprise of the coach the Bama Defense got over aggressive and blitzed on every play. This left HUGE openings in the Bama defense. Coffman and his WRs were able to gash the Bama secondary for huge chunks of yardage every completion and quickly move down the field and score. The Wildcats scored in a little over 20 secs running a hurry up offense bring the score to 28-17. The Tide continued to surprise the Wildcat coach when they tried to throw the ball 3 times instead of giving it to Ingram to grind it out and burn clock. The Wildcats forced a punt and then scored on a 53 yard wheel route to WR Lamark Brown. The defense forced another punt and KSU scored on another long pass play when Bama went to man coverage and blitzed the safety. Carson saw the blitz and audibled slot WR Adrian Hilburn to streak down the field. Hilburn was left all alone and scored on a 58 yard TD. With that TD KSU took a 31-28 lead. Bama marched down the field with their own hurry up offense and scored taking a 35-31 lead leaving 21 seconds on the clock. Things didn't look good for the Wildcats. After 2 incomplete passes it was 3rd and 10 with little time left. This was the last play of the season. Coffman dropped back, Bama brought a 3 man rush and much to KSU's surprise were in a cover 2 defense. Coffman saw Brown and Hilburn running down the sideline with only one safety back. Coffman threw it up, Hilburn came down with it and Kansas St. ends a great season on the highest of all notes!

Final Play of the Game. Also the Play of the Game.

[youtube]3X8X86TcnoU[/youtube]

Same play different view
    [youtube]oi0B9NhXFHY[/youtube]

2. Stoker23

Stoker23 Walk On

Great write up and a great season..... I hope to kick the shit out of you next year.... :)

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Good luck with that. You better bring your lunch cause i'm gonna take you out back and beat the living daylights out of you.....:D

Why all the hate? I didn't beat you this year

4. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Never too early for some trash talk sml, great writeup and way to finish the season strong. Those damn cpu teams are tough in the BCS games, I almost lost to West Virginia...

5. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

The only reason I was able to beat Bama was because they send 8 on every third down play which surprisingly left my WR's wide open. My QB is also 6'4" or 6'5" so he was able to throw over the defensive line without having any balls batted down.