L.A. Noire

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Jun 29, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I got this used from gamestop and got all the way to the third disc when I started getting the unreadable disc error message. Is it worth taking back for a different copy to finish the game out? Or should I just return it for my money back?

I think it's a pretty cool concept for a game. Very different from anything else I've played before. However, it's a bit too slow IMO. It's like a 16 hour movie that I just want to get to the end already. It takes forever for Cole Phillips to walk around and search for clues and all that jazz.

So, is the ending worth it? Or, as they say in Jersey, fuhget-a-bout-it?

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The story really starts to pick up at the end...

I mean, it gets kind of monotonous in the middle, and if you've made it to disc 3 (idk where you are in disc 3), it's probably worth it.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sorry to barge in but I have a similar question; I got to the part where

SPOILERS FOLLOW

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

The part where you go to the fountain and find some clues and then have to use your knowledge of area landmarks to do this or that... Well I haven't found hardly any landmarks and didn't feel like dicking around with that, is it easier than I'm making it out to be or will this be a couple hours?

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I expected more from you. There was only 1 that I actually struggled with. It only took me an hour total to do all the landmarks - thats one of the best cases though, obviously.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Hellisan, it's alot easier.

First off, you find landmarks just by driving around. It's not like you have to search them out. When you're driving, if you pass a landmark a popup on the screen will say hit the B button or something. Second, there is a trick here that I learned from reading game Faqs. After you get a clue...ask your partner for advice. He will give some non-sensical answer. Go to any landmark you have unlocked, even if its not the right one. Dick around there for a minute. Then re-ask your partner his advice. He will give you a good hint/answer and then you will see the new objective: Go check out xxxxxxxxxx which will be the correct landmark.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sorry to let you down old buddy who knows me so well lol

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1