L.O.R.D. Weekly News Thread

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by elprez98, Nov 4, 2011.

1. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

[​IMG]

Fiorentina Faces Liverpool in 2nd Round of the TFL Cup

-November 4th, 2011​
    Florence, Italy​

Manager Leander Francisco has his team playing well so far in the L.O.R.D. and through three weeks of play, they sit atop the league with a slight 1-point lead over an impressive Lazio squad, and just 2 points ahead of Villarreal and Lyon (who has a a game in hand).​

However, Francisco also has to get his side for ready for a 2nd Round cup match against a dangerous, Liverpool team that sits just outside of Champions League contention in the Premier Black. Led by the play of Uruguayan star scorer, Luis Suarez, Liverpool has yet to lose at Anfield this year.​

The game has no specific scheduled date yet, but will be the scheduling committee is arranging the date for sometime in the next week or so.​

[​IMG]

A. Madrid Manager Sent to Anger Management Following Week 3 Forfeit

-Last week, L1-Red saw one of the most bizarre outcomes for a match ever in a matchup between promotion candidates, Lazio and Atletico Mardrid. In the 61' minute of an exciting 4-3 match, Madrid manager, Bryan Colmenares lost his cool following a goal scored by Lazio. "I just lost it. I went back there and just kicked the wall in frustration. I didn't think the lights would go out," said the manager of the league's highest scoring side.​

That's right, Colmenares left the touchline, went to a restricted area of the stadium and just kicked something that could've killed him or worse, gotten him removed as manager of Atletico. The lights were out for good and Lazio was awarded a 4-3 win in the process. The management committee has warned Colmenares to keep his anger in check.​

[​IMG]

Ready, Set: First Place

Unfortunately, Olympique Lyonnais is probably more well known in L1-Red for delaying fixture releases, than wins. However, teams should really take notice. As of today, sits just a few spots out of first place in the league with a game in hand.​

Despite only playing five games, they are the 2nd highest scoring team and the #3 in goals allowed (with a 5 game qualifier). Led by the stellar play of former Porto star Lisandro Lopez, Lyon has both the offense and the defense to earn promotion and maybe even win the league.​

However, Lyon will face a couple of real tests this week, as Lyon is matched up against a red-hot Roma side and the always dangerous Atletico Madrid and their enigmatic manager.​

• Like Like x 5
  2. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

3. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'll be waiting for that Liverpool/Fiorentina winner anxiously.. Wait, ZCar doesn't read this thread does he?? ;)

5. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

ZCar352
    He does now. :D

6. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

haha already making plans for round 3 AJ well I think my Russian squad has something to say about that(y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

I like this thread. There is a lot of me in it.

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

There will be less after our match.

[​IMG]

9. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

11. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Nice job! Can't say I agree with your Cup prediction though :p

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

I don't. Barcelona has shown inconsistencies this season. I think with my latest form, it is very likely to get an unlikely elimination in this one.

13. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

The top of L1R is super crowded. I need to keep winning games.

14. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

[​IMG]

Photo Finish

-December 10th, 2011​

Of the four leagues in the TFL, it looks as though the L.O.R.D. will have the closest race for the league title. Statistically, the top three teams, Fiorentina, Lyon, and Villarreal are all set for promotion. However, the league title is anything but decided.

FIORENTINA, 1st Place with 39 points, 1 GAME REMAINING

[​IMG]

-Led by the 29 year old, Alberto Gilardino, Fiorentina has been very tough to beat. With only league 2 losses this year, Fiorentina has easily been one of the best teams in all of League One. They were the final League One team left in TFL Cup play. Also, when the season is finished it is possible for Fiorentina to have the most goals scored and have allowed the fewest goals allowed in league play. Despite this dominance, Fiorentina and their manager, Leander Francisco, will likely need a bit of divine intervention to hold on to the league lead.

Olympique Lyonnais, 2nd Place with 38 points, 3 GAMES REMAINING XAttackConquerX

[​IMG]

-Lyon has also been a near unstoppable force in League One Red. Lisandro Lopez leads the team with 17 goals through 15 games and has a good chance at earning the L1R Golden Boot. Not only that, but Lyon has the best chance of winning the league, despite being in second place right now. Lyon still has three matches left to play and winning two of these will give them the league title. Even if Lyon only wins one but earns a draw in the other two, they will still be crowned champions. Their biggest obstacle will likely come against 3rd place Villareal, who ironically, is the only team to have beaten Lyon.

Villarreal, 3rd Place with 33 points, 3 GAMES REMAINING
    GMangs
    [​IMG]

-Villarreal's high pressure style has rubbed a few managers the wrong way, but it cannot be denied that they are a top team in League One Red and can have a huge impact on the league title and maybe even still win it. They are led by the American born (turncoat) Guiseppe Rossi who is also a likely candidate for the L1R Golden Boot. As stated before Villareal still has to face Lyon but will also have to face 4th place Lazio and the resurgent Valencia under their new manager, DaMeffodMan. For Villarreal to win the league they will not only need to win all of their games (which includes beating Lyon), but they will need Fiorentina to lose to Napoli and Lyon HAS to go without a win in their final three games. Tall order.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan Walk On

Woot I got mentioned.