La Liga Tradición

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by BlyGilmore, Oct 21, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Another one of my little brain storms, but I think this could be a lot of fun (and something we've talked about).

Here's what I'm thinking:

- We create four new TF clubs. For now call them TF Red, Black, Blue and Purple. Each will represent a different region and different parks.

- Tradition FC will remain as a team we can get together and play as a group, like we do now.

- Clubs have rosters of 5 people. You need at least 3 for a league match. We probably have the 12 required to start right now, but would need to recruit to flush out our ranks.

- We either designate one night a week as league night, or have the teams try to schedule one or two matches a week similar to the NCAA/Madden leagues. We play a traditional home-at-home season. Team with the most points wins.

- To start right now we have four captains: Myself, Drifter, Ryno and Mutt. If all are willing I'd say those are the head coaches of the four clubs.

- From there we can have people sign-up with their position and either have "The Del Draft" or create some kind of financial system we can later use for new player transfers and moves between the club.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If you guys do this then I am buying the game today.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This has been a brain child of mine for a long, long time. I think we are just now getting large enough to start thinking about it.

I've been talking about setting this up and have a list of clubs I can reach out to in order to form a league of pro club teams. I've been waiting to iron some details out before doing so. Starting something internally could help us gear it all up. I want to be able to set it up initially to give everyone the tools they need to manage a squad.

Also, can you be apart of more than one club? This might cause a headache if we are having to add and drop players to play on the competitive team, etc.

I've planned on sort of commissioning/organizing this, so it's probably best that I be just a player instead of a manager.

4. BlyGilmore

then lets co-commish this shit and fire it up. been wanting to do something like this as well and mentioned my idea to Ryno a few months back.

I also think, considering the new nature of this, it'd make sense to have those running it also in charge of the clubs. later on you can always hand things off if everything is nice and stable.

and IMO lets get it going now. game is fresh and people are still excited about it.

as for clubs you can be in only one, so we'd need a caretaker for Tradition FC and have to go back and forth. But if this takes off I think most folks will just hang with their other club.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

This sounds awesome!

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Couldn't you just make everyone a gm? Then if you want to get a big group together you can just invite guys over to one club and take on the world. Obviously this would screw with world rankings and what not, but it's a small price to pay to take full advantage of the club feature and the number of people interested this year.

7. BlyGilmore

i'm sure its something we could figure out, but it would require guys going back and forth between the different clubs.

kind of a weird ideal situation, but the ideal is somebody who's on Tradition FC isn't interested in doing La Liga, so they just become the keymaster.

IMO best case, we might end up playing clubs differently so it doesn't matter. but worse case we want to make sure to have the big club around if we want to play.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It really wouldn't matter, but I would err on the side of organized with set managers than just to have them floating around. I'd like to keep the history and record (albeit a lackluster one) associated with TFC as it stands. We will all still be an affiliate of that. If you meant making everyone a GM on TFC, then that is an option. I'm sure there is a limit to how many GMs you can assign. We will make sure there are enough to make it easy to get everyone back on the same team.

To my previous point, I really don't want to be a GM. I would much rather take an unbiased leadership role in organizing this. In addition to being a liason that is going to reach out to other clubs and players. Being in charge of a team would just mud up the water, IMO. I'm sure there are others that are willing to step up and take on that role.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Great idea, Bly. I like where you heads at.

So, if everyone has their own designated clubs, you could set this up to have a transfer window, correct?

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah the thing is either you would have to make TFC one of the "four" teams so that there would be a few guys on that team at all times to invite the group when needed. Or else you would have to have a couple guys who would remain on the TFC roster and not be involved in la liga. Unless you can leave TFC active with no players and just set up a password for guys to join when a group game is desired, but I doubt that EA has it set up like that.

Oh well, think I'll have to pick this up on my way home from the lame ass emmisions testing center. Hopefully I only suck half as bad as last year.

11. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I think it's a great idea as I love the clubs games. The only issue I can see that needs solving for it to work is commitment as with our current club we have about 21 players in the club but only half of them seem to play. Also clubs died last year when Call of Duty was released however I would love this to work.

12. BlyGilmore

I would say we set it up like Serie A. With only 4 teams starting I'd say our season is home and away twice. So play every team home and away, then winter transfer period. Then every team home and away twice, summer transfer period. So the season would be 12 games long.

Any new people we recruit would be added during the transfer periods. We'd also have to figure out some kind of money system.

Or ... we do it American style with like a waiver/draft system.

13. BlyGilmore

the big different Del is we'd recruit for this. If people stop playing we'll go out and find more. Like we do for the NCAA and Madden leagues. So it'll be different from Forza and FIFA so far. Those are basically just "we're all here for football, so lets play soccer/race too." this is "lets get people here for soccer."

14. BlyGilmore

btw if you're interested post here with the positions you'd be willing to play for a club.

15. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Im in

Mid/Fwd - Left side
    Possibly GK after practice

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We would have to do it american football style for the new players. Unless we want to randomly assign them. When they sign up and fill out their applications they would be placed in a pool. Teams choose in backwards order of last seasons record (first season would be reverse draft order).

When we become established and player skill is well known, then you can setup some sort of money system. Unless you just want to base it on the arbitrary OVR number, which doesn't really represent the value of a PRO to a team. We can figure it out. Probably will be based on a number of different things. I just don't want to create a system that would prevent people from improving their pro because that would make him worth more money to a team (especially for guys on a team that is dominate).

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

That is the frick'n coolest idea i've ever heard. I'd be in but the only problem I run into is that you guys usually play clubs later in the nights on weekdays and that's usually the worst time for me. I have to wake up so damn early so I just can't stay up too late. What night would you guys designate and at what times do you think? My pro is absolute rubbish now.. When I had to get a new box, I had to start from scratch again so he's just getting his feet wet.. Currently at about 10%, not quite at Del's level but a start nonetheless.

CF/CAM

18. BlyGilmore

hmm ... see I don't think we can have a draft, because there's no guarantee we'd have enough people to have full rounds. i.e. if we have 6 guys who want in, we're not going to tell two of them they're out of luck because we didn't have enough guys for two rounds.

the other consideration is expansion. Ideally i'd love to see this as a 6-8 or 10 team league. And beyond that possibly having La Liga Tradicion II and add relegation and promotion to the mix. So we need something that's scalable and would help foster expansion.

19. BlyGilmore

How about this ...

- We start season one with our founding players. At the winter transfers we rank teams in reverse order of their record and setup essentially a waiver wire. We through new players into a randomizer and select a draw order. Player A comes up and Teams 1 to 4 can decide to sign or not sign. If they do sign, they get pushed to the back of the list. If not, they keep their first spot. Then do that for all the remaining players we have.

- From there we'll recruit new "Academy Players" who can be put on a club at any time using the same on-going waiver process. If a player Drifter thinks is good for the league goes through waivers unclaimed, he can put them on the club he feels best. (We'd want the waiver to be strategic, but also don't want to hurt people's feelings and make them think they're unwanted).

- Transfer periods would then be at mid-point and end of the season. This is when players already on a roster can be moved between clubs, and when we expand, when a new club will be formed. The WW will help fuel some of this. i.e. Team A has too many strikers and needs a defender. Or Player B's style doesn't really fit with the team. No talks can be held before the transfer periods, and both teams and players are free to schill on their own behalves.

now the only thing we need to do is figure out some kind of currency and how to do that. And I think OVR and position should be used as the ground floor, but after that its all negotiations.

20. BlyGilmore

OK so we are doing this.

Drifter and I will be co-commishes.

He'll concentrate on recruiting players, I'll work on logistics of setting this thing up and we'll brainstorm together with all you on the specifics.

It'll also work nicely since he's not going to be a club manager, he can be almost a Head of the Players Association and be an impartial rule on player/club issues.

Game on.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

why don't you just make four teams and just play each other. structure is bad.

22. BlyGilmore

two very good reasons. one, i'd like to see this grow to two divisions, 20 teams with relegation and all that at some point. almost like that browser football game that was all the rage a few years back. two, because there'll be an ebb and flow of players.

23. BlyGilmore

Thought about this on the bus ride home ...

- Each club is given $10 million a season. These are their funds and they do carry over from season to season. So if you have $5 million left over after a year, you'll have $15 million when the new season starts. Starting out we'll also get a $10 million balloon payment.

- Starting out players are paid $100,000 every game they play. Players are free to renegotiate with teams for new contracts and also sign new contracts when transfered.

- Drifter will act as an arbiter between players and clubs and can help facilitate any issues that might come up.

- Managers don't earn cash. Teams can change managers at any time. When that happens a players earnings revert to the club and the new manager starts as a $100,000 player.

- We will have a lifetime earnings stat. As a player your job, in addition to winning, is to earn as much as possible.

- The money is also functional. When we expand the top earnings players get first right of refusal to the new club. If they accept their earnings cash into the teams pool. A new manager can also expand his teams money pool by bringing in other players. Those players, however, can only have half their cash absorbed and just that once.

- All players will designate a primary and secondary position at the start. They are only able to play those two positions. Positions are also specific (CAM and CM aren't the same). A team's highest paid player, however, is only able to play his primary position. These positions can be updated when signing a new contract.

- Existing players can only change clubs during transfer periods. New players are continuously added per Drifter via a waiver wire process. all new players come in at the $100,000 a game price tag.

- Starting out the game min is 3. As we expand that will increase. Every game a team is below the min they'll pay a $200,000 fine. The idea is to make a team that is having problems getting players go out and get an active player.

- Since all contracts are by game played, teams with more guys playing per match will be spending more on salaries. This will require them to sell an active player to lighten their burden. Players cannot be made to sit out. If a player shows up for a game he plays.

- All player moves need to be agreed to by both the player and the clubs involved. Unless Drifter drops the hammer (which he has the power to do as a last resort).

- Players can be loaned out for a season. The new club will play their wages and they go back at the end of the season (or half season).

- Up to three parts of a transfer. Payment to the club as compensation. Payment to the player for moving. Percentage of the next transfer back to the original club. Players also negotiate a new contract as part of the deal.

- Contracts do not end. the only way to change them is to transfer or renegotiate.

- Any team hitting $0 is placed into administration. They get a 9 point standings hit. The manager becomes a $100,000 player available to pickup via the waiver wire. And players bid on the team as if it were an expansion.

24. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Yep good job n points Bly. I agree also those of us that play throughout the year and love our clubs won't see it disappear in a month or 2. Also we will all get our moneys worth from the game which helps me warrant buying it to my misses lol.

Cool - I am open to offers

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    This might be a bit of an issue. If a guy is 'on the fence' about being able to make a scheduled match, he might have more incentive for his club to miss that match so that they can afford to keep everyone.

Maybe add more to the salary cap with each W and Draw?