LA Noire

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by XLenceofXQtion, May 11, 2011.

1. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Coming next week! who is getting it? I am looking forward to it.

2. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I am getting it for sure! Looks awesome!

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I have it preordered, looks good

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I know the game is made by Rockstar and they make quality games, but something about it just doesn't appeal to me, and I'm a cop lol. Maybe it's the time frame in which it takes place.

A great game for me starts out with having great multiplayer. If the game doesn't allow me to go online and play against other people and my friends then odds are I won't get it. I thrive on competition and playing other people online. It's just a high that I can't get from playing single player games. Thats why I love FPS games like Halo and COD, fighting games, and of course Madden. I'm sure LA Noire would be fun for a while, but games like that just don't have good replay value for me.

5. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Rush... I agree with you just about 100%. That high you talk about from the competition of multiplayer games is why I got an Xbox.

6. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

multiplayer gives me ulcers

7. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Amen brother lol. Single player is a ncie break every now and then.

So who has the best preorder bonus? I always wait till just before release to see who's offering the most.

8. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

not completely sure...I'm broke atm, so I am getting via gamefly and should have it on wednesday, and then I will probably just buy it from them for 49.99 a couple weeks later...saves $10 but no bonuses

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Im really stoked about the game - from the look of it, its going to be unlike any other game ever really. You're going to have to use some of that intro to Psychology and facial expression cues to decipher what suspects might be trying to hide from you. Its a detective game, and Rush with you being a cop I can't see how that doesn't appeal to you dude.

The game is going to be very unique and if executed well its going to be amazing.

10. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Keller you of all people are usually the first to agree with me that a great game needs a great multiplayer. If I got Noire, I may play through it once, but theres no chance I would beat it multiple times, and theres a chance I could get bored with it and not even finish it at all. Look at Red Dead Redemption. The ONLY reason I got that game was because I thought the online multiplayer free roam feature was going to be awesome. It wasn't and the game fell flat on it's face.

When I pick up the controller I want to play skillful games that have good competition and ones that will challenge myself. I can't get that feeling from playing a single player game. I think a lot of people can, and I understand that I'm among the minority on this. People LOVE Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and all that stuff. But it's not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keller

Yeah but you won't even rent the shit - that is sad man.

12. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Yeah but I don't rent games anymore, mainly due to all the blockbusters in the area are gone and out of business, and when you do find them they charge out the ass to rent them. It's dumb. Obviously gamefly is the way to go, but I don't play that many games so I would not get my moneys worth on that. So it's a buy or it's nothing for me.

13. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Any one pick this game up yet? How is it? I'm on the fence right now.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I am actually interested in checking this out.. curious to know also.

15. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I will have mine tomorrow

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I went to rent it for PS3 today and the stupid video store tried to make me pay a $20 deposit like I am a fucking thief, so I told them to get bent.

I'll grab it this weekend from somewhere.

17. Keller

I'm expecting to get it tomorrow from Gamefly

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I got it for Xbox 360 and have only played a couple missions so far but I have to say its quite intriguing. You have to do some real detective work like finding clues, interogating suspects and talking to witnesses. The Xbox version came with 3 discs so it looks to be a long game.

19. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Mine via GAmefly as well :) ... tomorrow!!! gonna be a long gaming day

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

how open ended is it? You cant murder random people?

21. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

havent really tried. Its not GTA so I'd say it isnt advisable since after every mission they show the dollar amount of car damage you have had and money that you cost the city.

22. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

The engine is the same as GTA, but the game is not GTA. It's much more linear, although you can still drive around. People getting this and expecting it to be like GTA will be disappointed.

The game is pretty fun and the facial technology they use is sweet. I am about 30% through the game.

The city is amazing, I wonder if it supposed to be a exact copy of LA.

23. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

@JoHud

I read an article a long time ago about this game.... The two main things they seemed to put a ton of work into were the facial features/real-characters, and the scenery. If I remember right, they looked at a TON of pictures from old LA, whenever the game takes place, and then did try to make it look very much like it.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I am about 30% complete with this game, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Some of the cases seem to end a little too abruptly, or seem to open-ended for me. Maybe things will clear up as the game progresses. The only thing I really don't like is all the driving, things are really spaced out.

25. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I am 50+% complete.... Near the end of the second disc there is a case that makes you think a little bit. Most of everything beforehand is very similar and no matter what mistakes you make you will solve the case, lol. Just have a lower grade is all. So, that makes it very linear. Its still a fun rental, and I am looking forward to finishing out the story.

BTW, if you don't want to drive around a bunch...when you enter your vehicle hold "Y" insted of just pressing "Y". This makes your partner drive and skips the trip.