Lakers/rockets trade

Discussion in 'Transactions' started by sschevyridah, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

Lakers offering

Chris Duhon 69 rtg $7.60m 2yr
    Steve blake 68 $8.00m 2yr
    14 1strd pick
    13 2nd rd pick

For

Houston

Jeremy lamb 71 $4.13m 2yr
    Terrance jones 59 $3.04m 2yrs

2. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Wow I think Lamb is going to be a beast and Jones has alot of upside to. Nice trade.

3. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

Yea i have to have me a young sg just incase kobe hangs it up next season lol

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm not in this league, but as head of the trade committee in the Baseline I had to say something when I read this.

This may be one of the most comically lopsided trades I've ever seen. CPU rape doesn't even begin to adequately describe this trade. Why in the world would Houston want to do this trade?

Good rule of thumb when proposing a CPU trade for review - if you were to propose the same trade to a user, would said user kick you in the nuts and tell you to gtfo? If so, go back to the drawing board. Sorry JFace907 if I have overstepped myself here.

5. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

It was actually one of the trades that came back from trade finder when i was looking to get rid of two of the 5 point guards i have. Didnt think the trade was that far fetched being that houston dont have a real backup pg unless u consider toney douglas to be that.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The CPU trade logic in the trade finder is flawed. I've had it offer to give me Derrick Rose for Caron Butler in the past.

The rule we use in Baseline is that a trade with the CPU must make the CPU team better, otherwise you run the risk of users fleecing the CPU teams and making them irrelevant.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Another flaw in the Trade Finder is that it will find you a trade and the CPU will STILL decline it. But as Dru mentioned, this trade is horribly lopsided. You take two kids and give them two washed up overpaid vets.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

another sign its a stupid trade for the cpu is whenever Steve Blake is going to them;)

9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I think the trade finder is wonderful and completely accurate. It said Cleveland would trade me Kyrie Irving for Joe Johnson, so I'll go ahead and post that in the trade section now JFace907 :)

• Like Like x 1