Land of the Bottom Feeders - Week 7

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Warhawk AKA dreadman, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Boots to Asses.. Who you got winning?

1. Chargers

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Jags

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. Buccs

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  4. Falcons

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Well.. we all know what this thread is about! It's time to take this shit next level!!! We already have great content with the "Featured Game of the Week" with our fellow bro at the helm ThaBayouChef. But, we don't want anyone feeling left out. So the Land of the Bottom Feeders has been created for some balance.

Before we get into games that "us Bottom Feeders" can potentially win and come away with an upset... We must first address & acknowledge the Bottom Feeders list:
    Some decent teams on this list that have not made any noise so far. Many come as a surprise.. and others are questioning what the hell they have to do to graduate and get the hell off this list! No Worries gentlemen.. yours truly, Warhawk AKA dreadman name has popped up on here as well... and it is not a mistake!

Let's get down to business!!!

We have a couple of in house issues this week to start off our journey!

knvm.jpg vs z51q.jpg

The Jaguars are coming off of a big-time win against the Broncos. Their first of the season actually... Congratulations! But does the buck stop there? Or will CHUNKNESS be able to lead and deliver his team another victory? Jaguars played a very solid game last week and seemed to have everything clicking on both sides of the ball. Defense stepped up big time with 6 ints. and 1 sack making it easier for the offense to get things rolling. QB - Blaine Gabbert was pretty efficient going 12/18 for 122 yards and threw 3TD passes to his 1 int. on the day. The big question is... Can the Jaguars continue the trend?

From the looks of things... there's a big difference in yards allowed per game between these two teams. 2230 for the Chargers and 1369 for the Jags. The Jags will have a chance to get their offense going.. but the Jags throw ints... and lots of them! Not last game... but have the int. woes really been put to rest?

The Chargers took a stomping and a half from that damn thafuture3886 and his Colts last week and will look to straighten things out this week against a team that has gotten the monkey off it's back. The Chargers gave up 475 yards last week against the Colts and will look to bring that number down this week. If they stand a chance in hell, they will have to do better on 3rd down(s) against a team that has gained a little more confidence than in prior weeks in the Jags. QB- Sorenson for the Chargers will have to be more efficient in the pocket and make less mistakes & RB - Mathews will need to be on his A game to help his team offensively. KNICKSFAN_84 knows how to get to the red-zone and will have to continue to make the most out of their opportunities.

Whatever team that can make the most out of their possessions and have the higher percentage of 3rd down conversions will give their team a shot at winning this slobber-knocker! If the Chargers can force the Jags to pass and disguise his coverages, he too can intercept his way to a win!

hkon.jpg vs ygc9.jpg

Two teams that could not get it right thus far have the chance to add a 'W' under their belt. The Buccs come off a loss to the ferocious NFC East front-runner Philly Eagles. Anyone that gives up 440 yards of offense will have a problem winning the game unless it's a good ole' shoot-out! QB - Ponder will look to tighten his percentage up in this game. Against the Eagles, he went 21/44 for 250 yards and 3TDS and threw 1 int. He got some help from his RB's as well with a total of 85 yards from Martin & Ponder. But what hurt them was moving the chains... 5/16 @ 31%.... It looks like the offense has no problems moving the ball initially, but seemed to get caught up on 3rd downs in their last game. sactown will have to address that immediately if they want this win!

The Falcons last game came against klaximilian, Jets was a damn good effort, but just came up short on the scoreboard.. and the win column to grab their 1st victory of the season. QB - Ryan put up big numbers in the yards & TD department with 417 & 3..... but he didnt stop there and threw 5 ints. that were more than likely the difference in that game. If the Falcons can somehow manage to build off of Week 5's game and cut the ints down.... they have a shot at earning their 1st win of the season. MrWitness36 arguably has the best weapons money can buy on the offensive side of the ball. The Falcons actually did a decent job on 3rd downs converting over 50%. If........... big IF...................IF the Falcons used their bye week to correct the int. debacle from Week 5... we may see a celebration in the Georgia Dome!

Run Buccs run!!! Get Martin more involved to bring down Ponders' throwing attempts and give yourself a better shot on 3rd downs by playing a game of moving the chains. IF....... that damn Ryan can throw to his teammates only and have the same day he had throwing minus the ints., he will be the NFC's P.O.T.W.!

Overall.. should be two great games.... 2 shall stand & the other 2 will continue their journey into the Land of the Bottom Feeders!

VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!
    He's looking at you KID.. yep.. the one with the losing record!!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 10
  2. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Lmao, Great read Jon.... Love it!!! Boots to Asses....Dem Jags are gonna go on a roll, better keep an eye out. They will soon be off the Bottom Feeder Playoffs LOL. And those Bucs are very very Tuff. That daam defense makes you work for every inch. Good Luck to all....

• Like Like x 1
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Good stuff here Jon! I'm going with the Falcons, he seems to be poised for a breakout and it's hard to go against all that talent the Falcons have

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm going Jags. I know for a fact Doug is much better than an 0-5 record. If he had draft picks I may have had to accuse him for tanking for the #1 overall! Lol. If the Jags finish 8-8, I won't be surprised!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

Good write up! This will be a nice addition to the site.

I am going with the Jags and Bucs to win this weeks battles of the "Bottom Feeders."

• Like Like x 1
  6. sactown

sactown Walk On

Love this stuff. This is a great article and another great effort put in by a QSF member to keep this league the best out there. And... I did Vote.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This is great Jon! At this point, anybody on that list who can put up ONE win is a winner! I got mine!

Time to tank the rest of the season. Suck for "[insert name here]"!*

*DISCLAIMER... Obviously I'm kidding as I do not have a 1st OR 2nd round draft pick to tank with!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Great job bro, well at least i made one of the lists.... Cardinals found a new offensive playbook where Vick does not throw 5 Ints per game. We will soon be off this list. "I guarantee it" (Insert men's wearhouse commercial voice here)

• Like Like x 3
  9. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Sweet write up..The Falcons have some nice weapons on offense. They will slip pass the Bucs this week

• Like Like x 1
  10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Whoever ends up with the first pick, I have my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to trade for it...I have a player scouted that I MUST have.....He won't last past top 5...Just throwing that out there:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great work Jon, love the originality!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Thx all... and thx 4 voting!!!!
    More to come Week 8

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Content... I got my votes in

LOL at land of the bottom feeders...awesome

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Anybody else having a problem viewing our league home page? It's the only page on the site that I can't view. I can see our threads from my alerts and go to any other page on TSO, except that one..

15. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

When you get the error message on the league homepage, try refreshing.