Lasik eye surgery

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by SuperBowlNachos, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Anyone here ever had it? I am tired of dealing with contacts and glasses. I used to be able to wear contacts all day, now my eyes start to dry out after a few hours. I haven't even worn them for about 2.5 months. This is the only pricing I have been able to find - http://www.allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/cost.htm - How was the pricing for anyone that's had it? Any other suggestions are welcome too.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've been thinking about it too. From what I hear, one of the best guys in Dallas costs about 3 Gs.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I haven't had it done but the 2 of my friends that have say it's the best thing they've ever done.

4. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

I had the knife-not the laser and it went fine..but I need to do it again all these years later and odds are it will be laser

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    My old lady works in an ophthamology office. i have met all of the doctors and none of them have had lazik done to themselves nor do they wear contacts

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I had it done 3 years ago - best money I ever spent.

Before the surgery I was virtually blind without my contacts. The morning after the surgery I could read things at a distance with better clarity without my contacts than I ever could with them.

I paid $5k to have mine done, but I did a ton of research and found one of the top guys in the NY/NJ area to do the surgery. I figured when I'm having someone shoot a laser in my eye, I'm not paying bottom dollar.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I ended up not being eligible for it.

8. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

how the heck can you not be eligible ?