Last minute change. Please Read.

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Okay guys, we sort of have a last minute change that I wanted you all to be aware of.

Essentially the roster max is 55 players. As you can imagine, drafting players will sort of mess that up. Whats going to happen is the CPU is going to cut players automatically from your roster to make room for the rookies. Depending on how many players you have on your roster, it could be 1 player for every pick you make.

Now, as a way to get around this, I have no choice but to allow every owner to have up to 7 free cuts. This works exactly how the other 2 aforementioned free cuts work, except instead of 2 we're going to have 7 now. Its unfortunate but there is no way around it. If you have 53 players on your roster, you only need to cut 5. Make sense?

These players have to be designated ASAP. Post them in your roster management threads. Then logon to your console and go into player management and release those players into FA. Those players will then be available for the upcoming Free Agency period that starts just after the draft.

If you have questions, now is the time to ask. Remember, the draft is tomorrow, Sunday at 11am EST.

2. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Is there a way to cut players from your roster from the online franchise website?

3. Keller

Yup. Top right, add/remove players, I believe.

4. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Sorry but I don't see it. Could you give me a screenshot or maybe more details?

5. Keller

I may be the only one that can do it as commish. Post your moves in your roster management and I will make them for you. Sorry!

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Thanks Keller. I don't think cutting a handfull of guys is going to be an issue. I think GB has 27 players I need to look at resigning. Obviously not all of them are going get resigned due to the salary cap.

Also, shouldn't we re-sign players and go through free agency first before the draft?

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The reason for doing it this way allows teams to shed players and determine how they want to fill certain positions; either through free agency or the draft. Also, I'd prefer to know what free agents are on the market so I know where to spend my draft picks. Otherwise I might not efficiently add talent to my team. The NFL does it this way along with off-line franchise. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I have 27 players to try and resign and I have no idea how I am going to fill certain positions. My biggest concern is who do I target in the first few rounds?? I basically have to chance it and hope other positions land on the free agency list. This is my first off-season in a madden on-line franchise so I'll probably have more questions.

8. Keller

Contracts are not incrementing yet so you don't have to resign 27 players this season it can wait until next.

9. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

What about the guys that had 1 year left? I guess I missed something. The guys that have 1 year left aren't counting towards my year 2 salary cap.

10. Keller

Consider year 1 on your salary cap season 2.

11. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ahhhhhh, now I see.