Last Night's LSU-Florida Game Was Very Telling

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I played Thatguy last night in our SEC showdown. It was a pretty cool game to play for me because I saw my opponent run the same offensive and defensive playbooks that I use: Syracuse, and the 3-4. When I saw this I expected to see many of the same plays and concepts that I use when playing. To my surprise his style and mine were TOTALLY different. We both used totally different game plans, different formations, and concepts so it made for an interesting game. If you go to the SEC blog you can see the stats. Thatguy was able to put up nice passing numbers with the book, while I was able to rush, rush, rush. It was really cool to see a game where this took place with the same playbooks.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Isn't that book designed to mimic the Saints stuff in the NFL?

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think it is either that book or the Patriots book. I am not sure...I like the balance it has between pass sets and run sets. You can basically make any type of game plan you could imagine out of it. Thus last nights game in which both users ran a plethora of plays and still had very different results.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Easy, thanks for posting this. I always thought it was interesting to see how two (or more) different people utilize the same PB.

5. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Yeah it def was hella interesting. While I couldn't stop the run to save my life, he wasn't able to consistently stop my passing game.

Other way around, he couldn't get any passing game going, while I couldn't really get a nice running game going. (I think he had 7 pass attempts, 2 of those I picked off)

Like he said, it was a very interesting game. He ran plays I've never even seen (P.S.: let me know what run play that was you kept running to the outside left, you kicked my ass with it, lol, we ought to work together to both master this PB ;) )

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Inside zone and I read what your key linebacker did in each set. If he stayed at home it bounced to the C gap and then went wider if you didn't have a saftey coming down. If he over pursued I kicked up B gap. You rarely over pursued so it bounced most of the time, and when you have a RB with Simpson's speed and agility that is a dangerous thing for a defense.

I wanted to pass more on you but I never had to. It seemed like every time I went to pass one of your dlineman was on top of me and affecting the throw. So I figured make you stop the run, and if you did punt. I also figured that since I had a sizable lead at half time keeping the clock moving was a strategy that fit in well with the way the game was unfolding.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

If you weren't in the SEC I would gladly work with you on it, but as they say "You don't shit where you eat".