Last Poll-Lets settle this

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by I Peench, May 13, 2012.

?

What set up do you prefer?

Poll closed May 14, 2012.
  1. Option 1

25.0%
  2. Option 2

75.0%
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

After talking to a lot of guys, lets make this simple before we all go crazy. One conference (part of what makes LV unique and fun) and ACC/Big East. ACC or Big East might not make everyone happy, but it makes the most sense. Here are our options moving forward:

Option 1: Traditional ACC or Big East (to be hashed out after this vote)
    Advantages: Traditionalists will be happy. Simple, and only a few elite teams some of the less successful guys can take.
    Disadvantages: Still some 5 star "elite" teams. Will have to add teams to Big East.

Option 2: Customize the ACC and allow users to select teams from all over the SE region 4 stars and under

Teams available: Clemson, Wake Forest, NC State, Maryland, Virginia , Georgia Tech, UNC, Duke, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, USF, Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, West Virginia, UCF, Eastern Carolina

Advantages: People have a broader specturm of teams to select from, which will make people happy as it'll be easier to find a team you will really enjoy. Guarentees we stay away from non 5 star teams.
    Disadvantages: It's far from traditional, but the ACC has seen a lot of movement in the past so any of these additions wouldn't be terribly unrealistic imo

IrishBearcat
    -Cougars-
    BakerWildcat7
    Bucs
    iBleedOrange247
    moparjoe
    Alwaysfly
    Will Atkinson
    LSUTRUTH
    XAttackConquerX
    Ghost

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I like the 2 conference idea 6 and 6 / 3 in each sub division. You play 6 user games a season 3 in sub division. 2 from other division. 1 from the other conference

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Option 1... Im not fond of the idea of moving all these teams around

4. I Peench

It's a dead issue lol. IB wants one conference, as do a lot of the guys.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Option 2.

6. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

why crappy big east. I hate Yankee colleges, only one I would even consider would be Michigan and their banned. Why is everybody so hip to putting all this time in for a very outside shot for team to get better, so the guys that do this league stuff for years beat our heads in then rank up schools, while I stay at some crappy college I didn't want in first place that can't get recruits.
    Sounds like idea I'm not up for, multiple conferences or bust for me.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. I Peench

All those teams in the SE are yankee schools? A strong majority of guys don't want 5 and 6 star teams. Thereare some really good schools available on that list

8. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Understand the cap. Why limit the 4 star team to the list. If I'm putting the time and effort into this league I at least want to be able to pick a Texas team. I would prefer 2 conferences

9. I Peench

The idea behind this makes a lot of sense. Pack us all in a specific region to make recruiting as hard as possible.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, but we NEED to come to a consensus. What texas teams would you want? Maybe its just cuz I'm not from Texas, but I don't understand why you'd ever "need" to be a team. That's why #2 works, because it opens up so many teams while keeping recruiting hard with us all fighting over recruits in the same region

10. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Aggies should be 4, maybe a 3 by now. TCU,SMU or BAYLOR. One of these should work, in that order.

11. I Peench

TCU was 5, but all the others should be 4 and under. I'll talk to IB and see what he thinks. I definitely don't want you in Texas alone that'd give youa HUGE leg up recruiting wise and defeat the purpose of everything. Ultimately its IrishBearcat league, I'm just trying to help. There aren't any teams on that list you would enjoy being?

12. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

No , not really. But there will be other leagues. Don't let me bust your balls, sounds like I'm the only sqeeky wheel. I just know what I am willing to put the time and effort in, a team I could care less about, isn't going to hold my interest long enough.

I would rather be honest about it now than be the the ass that drops after 8 wks into the league.

13. I Peench

I appreciate it. Well I'm not the boss like I said, so we can see what IB thinks. That's the benefit of figuring it out now.

14. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I was hoping Tennessee would drop to the 4* list lol. But I'm option 2

15. HoundsOfHowl

I do say if we go with one conference we do some kind of draft for teams. Whether it be we do a kind of tournament, rather its pool play, or we take the last season we plays final conference rating. I think that would be better than drawing numbers

16. I Peench

It could. We can discuss. Wait for IB to come back.
    Online randomize the order. Easiest way

17. HoundsOfHowl

I know its the easiest way, but still just a fun thought.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

If that doesn't happen you could always use the in state rivals, Vanderbilt! :)

19. HoundsOfHowl

Not just no, HELL NO!

• Like Like x 1
  20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

LOL, I had to see how you were going to react to that .

21. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I really don't prefer moving teams around with conferences but it will be something different and I think it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.. It seems like a common discussion in actual college football these days anyways. Of the teams listed above I like GT, UVA, Ole Miss, and UNC in that order..

22. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Did I mention I want my cake and eat it too.

Ha:)

23. I Peench

24. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Option 2 for me

25. HoundsOfHowl

Looks like option 2 is going to take it. Now if IrishBearcat is up for it, looks like thats what we have. Now just a vote on the ruleset and we'll have it figured out.

I like 3-4* teams. Teams only in the southeast region. Same difficulty settings. No CC, but ability to switch teams with exceptions. Maybe after 3 years with a team be able to switch, if you're winning percentage is over .7500 you can maybe move up 1*, if its at .5000 you can switch to a same * from what your current team is at that time. That's my only suggestions ATM for if we do option 2.

Last edited: May 14, 2012