Late Pitches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 22, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Late Pitches

We've never discussed this before as an issue so I thought with more people running an option style offense, this should be addressed. We need to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I've never played where there's been ridiculously late pitches so I don't have much to go off of.

How do you guys think we should handle this?

2. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

It's really hard to time your pitches and the game does a great job of making it an errant pitch, especially late pitches. For example, last night, there was one pitch made by Hokie that was quite late, but he was punished by the game by pitching it out of bounds. It is also very difficult to time pitches as sometimes it does not let you pitch, even early, but then it let's you pitch very late other times. You really have to fight to pitch the ball away sometime. It's very difficult to time your pitches and it's countered quite well.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Its a risk vs reward action.....if the late pitch is successful it can turn into a big play and if it isn't it is 99% of the time a fumble/TO. I think I have had more risks vs rewards with my overall experiance in NCAA this year. Sense I am running an option offense this year I am more conscious not to make late pitches because of that fact. Hence my pitch that was intercepted and run back for 6 vs LSU. Which was rahtarded by me be

And I don't think my pitch in the Sweetness highlight is even close to be considering a late/"cheese" pitch. The QB pitched the ball as he got hit. Which is what you are taught as a QB. Just youtube GT option and you will see Nesbitt make some great pitches as he is rapped up.

So there is my 2cents....not sure what direcrtion you want this discussion heading.....

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm indifferent and want you guys to provide input.

Personally, I think it's extremely difficult to police since it's subjective in nature to everyones personaly opinion. I'm with Hokie that there's risk reward and I agree with Bfruchey that the game doesn't always pitch when you tell it to. I think we let it play as is.

If you get a ridiculous pitch off that's like a glitch in the game. I mean something where your QB is basically on the ground and throws an eyes closed, no look, behind the back, over the shoulder, off the ground, bounce pass, then yeah perhaps you should dip out of bounds instead of taking the big play. Other than that though, I think it's all good.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This game has the mechanics for some utterly ridiculous late pitches. I've seen (and duplicated in practice mode) pitches where the QB is hit, is parallel to the ground about 1 foot from the ground, made a perfect pitch that went through the HB's back and was caught in his hands.

In my Michigan OD, I use Miss. St's pb so I pitch a lot. If my QB is getting wrapped up, I'll just eat it and take the tackle. If I get off a ridiculous pitch (usually it's really obvious) I'll just run out of bounds or dive with my HB. I don't think the one in Hokie's video was horrible, but there were 2 in the game we played last time that I thought were way too late.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just hand the ball off ladies. Then throw it deep to your 6'5" all world receiver Marlon Brown.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    if i do a ridiculous late pitch i'm stopping right there to get tackled.

8. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I think the whole late pitch thing is just a conspiracy drummed up by the democrats! Ha. I really do think that the option is done really well on this game and balanced well. No changes in rules.