Late Strike Leads Colts to Victory Over Stingy Lions 24-20

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by cry_havoc, Jan 13, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]
    Danario Alexander prances in from 69yds out to help his Colts with a comeback victory.
    [​IMG] 24 - 20 [​IMG]
    Week 16 brought heat throughout the week in the NFL as many teams are striving and battling for a spot in the playoffs. The Colts mindset is to secure a first round bye in the playoffs...at this point they control there own destiny.
    For this week they ran into a high powered offensive attack of the Lions. Stafford and his troops have kept defenses on there heals all year long. It didnt change tonight.
    The Colts took the opening kickoff and drove down the field...only to be stopped inside the 20 and settled for a fg. From that point on the Lions controlled the game as they held the Colts to fg's on there next 2 scoring drives. The Colts defense all game showed different looks and sent pressure only to force tight throws from Stafford that were dropped several times by Colts Dbacks.
    The Lions would take a 20-17 lead late in the game. With under 4 minutes left the Colts came roaring back as Luck would hit Danario Alexander on a 3rd and long for a 69yd back breaking TD pass. This would be the first lead of the game for the Colts.
    With roughly 2 minuts remaining the Lions had the ball and converted on a big 3rd down. Again the Colts would send pressure and Stafford went for the corner post. Chris Harris jumped the route and finally brought in a pick as it came at the right time to seal the game.
    Colts still eye down that playoff bye as they have a tough week ahead of them, as they take on the undefeated Pack next week in Green Bay.
    GG Avery

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Can't tie if you're down 4 (y)..nice win though

• Like Like x 2
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

hahah valid point... i tried to pump out a recap quick cause i was at my cousins using his internet till mine gets fixed. nice call out curtis, u got me hahah